Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

Is there no Hot Toys C3PO? I can only find a Sideshow version?

Wish I'd been collecting Star Wars when the OT R2 was released, now its very expensive on eBay. Same with Hoth Leia.

As much as I'm loving the Mando figures it would be nice if they'd not entirely neglect the OT. Need Bespin Han and Luke and where is that Clone Wars Obi Wan they showed ages ago.

The OT R2 wasn't released all that long ago. That sat around for a while.

Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

If I could only pick one more figure from Solo or RO it would probably be Qira if they could actually nail her likeness and one of her terrific costumes. Either her or Beckett. There just isn't anything exciting about Cassian. The actor was merely adequate, lacked charisma, and he was completely carried through the film by K2SO.

No idea why he is getting his own show really :dunno

The OT R2 wasn't released all that long ago. That sat around for a while.

Wasn't the HT R2 from technically from TFA? Or was it just released around that time?

If I could only pick one more figure from Solo or RO it would probably be Qira if they could actually nail her likeness and one of her terrific costumes. Either her or Beckett. There just isn't anything exciting about Cassian. The actor was merely adequate, lacked charisma, and he was completely carried through the film by K2SO.

No idea why he is getting his own show really :dunno

Yeah Qira's outfit on Kessel was amazing, would love to have a figure of her to go with Han or Maul. The only option we really have for female SW characters from HT is Leia right now :dunno

And yeah, not sure why Cassian is getting his own show either, maybe it'll be good. Excluding K2 is a weird choice though.

We may see a venomized R2 before 3PO.

I can?t wait any more. Where is my Bo and Boba
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deluxe OT version? Where was that shown?

Sent from a point in space and time.

Sorry I thought you were on about 3P0

Sent from a point in space and time.

C-3P0!!! God I forgot HT has yet to release him.
That is crazy actually haha.

They previewed 3 right; TFA version, Attack Of Clones version and Phantom Menace ?naked? version.

They need to get an OT version out soon. Diecast!
I don?t know why Threepio wouldnt be a major priority.

They previewed 3 right; TFA version, Attack Of Clones version and Phantom Menace ?naked? version.

Howard probably doesn't like him cause he is so annoying :lol

This might get me lynched but...
I hate 3P0. Despise the character, hate the voice, lol.
Can't think of one time where he's not merely a distraction. Just my opinion(And i won't mention it again), but i groan every time i hear his voice.
I grew up with SW, and love everything about the movies, except 3P0.
Everyone else seems to like him. And it doesn't take anything away from my own collecting if everyone else wants one(So from that point of view, i can imagine why HT might have prioritised him, for the fan's sake), but i wonder if Howard thinks as i do. We've seen a lot of small run vanity projects that get done. Jack Sparrow, Gellert Grindlewald, Newt Scamander, Alita, Venomised Iron Man, Spider-Verse Gwen, Belle, Gold Chrome Stormtrooper, Alien Girl, Maleficent, etc, where it looks like they made them just so Howard could have them on his shelf, lol.
I could 100% be wrong. They keep teasing protos, but never make him.

Can't think of one time where he's not merely a distraction. Just my opinion(And i won't mention it again), but i groan every time i hear his voice.
I grew up with SW, and love everything about the movies, except 3P0.
Everyone else seems to like him. And it doesn't take anything away from my own collecting if everyone else wants one(So from that point of view, i can imagine why HT might have prioritised him, for the fan's sake), but i wonder if Howard thinks as i do. We've seen a lot of small run vanity projects that get done. Jack Sparrow, Gellert Grindlewald, Newt Scamander, Alita, Venomised Iron Man, Spider-Verse Gwen, Belle, Gold Chrome Stormtrooper, Alien Girl, Maleficent, etc, where it looks like they made them just so Howard could have them on his shelf, lol.
I could 100% be wrong. They keep teasing protos, but never make him.

I'm with you there totally. C3PO also annoys the hell out of me. All the more why K2SO was a breath of fresh air. I must admit I do have the Sideshow version (probably got him reduced at some point with a code) so he fills the classic OT lineup standing next to R2. And he's fine. But I won't be paying huge money for any die cast versions of C3PO

Howard definitely does some stuff which I'm sure he's more a fan of. As I guess we all would if we were the boss.

I'm with you there totally. C3PO also annoys the hell out of me. All the more why K2SO was a breath of fresh air. I must admit I do have the Sideshow version (probably got him reduced at some point with a code) so he fills the classic OT lineup standing next to R2. And he's fine. But I won't be paying huge money for any die cast versions of C3PO

Howard definitely does some stuff which I'm sure he's more a fan of. As I guess we all would if we were the boss.

Of course. We would all do that if we had a multi million dollar company making our fantasy figures, and making money doing so.
I also respect that i am in the minority with my own thoughts on 3P0, so i never say to anyone.
I do feel vindicated that, the first time i showed SW to my wife, she was annoyed by 3P0 too.

I enjoyed and enjoy threepio. It never seemed out of place to me.

Can't think of one time where he's not merely a distraction. [...]

As a child I just liked seeing a robot on-screen but I can't remember much else.

As an adult I range from indifferent to irritated. The character is runs his mouth constantly and abuses R2. :lol

[...] the first time i showed SW to my wife, she was annoyed by 3P0 too.

My girlfriend was annoyed by Leia in ESB during the Hoth escape.

"Han's *saving* her and she's being a total ***** to him the whole time!" :rotfl

I guess she kinda had a point.

I enjoyed and enjoy threepio. It never seemed out of place to me.

Same here, I love 3PO. Really don't get the hate at all. Han and 3PO's ''relationship'' in the OT is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on screen. Bring on the $400+ diecast version. Now if you want to talk about annoying droids then I present you with L3-37.

As for great droids, the greatest droid of all hasn't even made it to live-action yet. Hopefully, someday we meatbags will get to see him on screen.

a1811a801f8360b1925d22773284f1fe.jpg

I mean it is alright to not like a character. I?m sure a lot of ppl do not like Luke, Han or Leia or any character (except I am pretty sure everyone loves Vader and Fett wink wink).

Threepio is not one of my top SW characters. But I think he adds A LOT to those OT films. He is a major part of the levity/humour which I love so much. His banter with R2, how he is so pompous...he reminds me of a very snooty butler. And I love his back and forth with Han in ESB...who I am pretty sure very much shares your sentiment of hate for 3P0.

Other thing too is I think the film often puts 3P0 in his place a lot. Knowing he is sort of unlikeable in that he is seems so superior.

And even past his character, I do love the design. All gold (which again probably adds to his high since of self importance), the servos and droid eyes. He just looks so cool and iconic.

No droid will ever top HK-47.

My girlfriend was annoyed by Leia in ESB during the Hoth escape.

"Han's *saving* her and she's being a total ***** to him the whole time!" :rotfl

I guess she kinda had a point.

She -did- have a point. I dont know why Lucas portrays women like this, he did it in one of the Raiders of the Lost Ark sequels, too. I wanted to say "is every woman you know IRL a total b**** to you?! Wow!" and then I would feel sorry for him.

Back