Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was really upsetting how they handled Obiwan I wish they get someone (like Filoni) just helming the narrative for the whole franchise and have responsibilities how Kevin Fiege used to have for the whole of the marvel franchise. I'm getting an impression we're having too many cooks here w/c spoils the dish.

It was really upsetting how they handled Obiwan I wish they get someone (like Filoni) just helming the narrative for the whole franchise and have responsibilities how Kevin Fiege used to have for the whole of the marvel franchise. I'm getting an impression we're having too many cooks here w/c spoils the dish.
It doesn't help when you're hiring writers and directors because they're the flavour of the month or tick boxes for gender/sexual orientation/race etc., then firing those same writers and directors when you realise they don't know what the hell they're doing. And yeah they really need to clone Filoni. It's obvious that the first two seasons of Mando were so strong because of his influence on Favreau, and no coincidence the best episodes of BOBF and Mando s.3 were either written or directed by him. Kenobi which he clearly had no part in was a huge steaming pile of eopie dung. That's why despite being very down with Disney and Star Wars right now I'm still really looking forwards to Ahsoka, and have faith it'll deliver.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be like this guy every week...
1682053435193.png

WHERE IS ANDOR?

Thought the season finale was pretty mid, which makes sense with how disappointing the entire season was.

I can't help but get distracted by the stunt Mando helmets either, Mando switches from the regular visor helmet to the wider helmet in so many shots over the last few episodes it started to get a bit ridiculous.
Didn't notice the helmet issues on my first watch, but that kind of stuff can really throw you off. Final verdict on ep.8 is still up in the air but it was easily the best (maybe even the only good) chapter of the season i.m.o. I did rewatch ep.7 a couple days ago and it sank like a rock, mostly due to pacing issues and boring dialogue. This is not the way...

Book of Boba just needed a LOT more of this and I would have given it 10/10.

It's not hard Disney 🤦‍♂️

Explode Pew Pew GIF by Boba Fett Fan Club

- His Tusken tribe should’ve survived. Would’ve made perfect sense for them to launch a surprise counterattack at the end battle.

- An enemy that’s actually scary. The Pyke costumes were just flat out goofy and not intimidating at all.

- More time to develop Boba Fett and Din Djarin‘s friendship and their differing views on Mandalorian culture.

2F370626-D232-424A-B1B1-5115007274C4.gif

Didn't notice the helmet issues on my first watch, but that kind of stuff can really throw you off. Final verdict on ep.8 is still up in the air but it was easily the best (maybe even the only good) chapter of the season i.m.o. I did rewatch ep.7 a couple days ago and it sank like a rock, mostly due to pacing issues and boring dialogue. This is not the way...

It started popping up a few times throughout the season and I noticed it but it was all over the place in the last 2 episodes, Mando would be walking and his normal helmet would be on and then the action scene starts and it is significantly bigger, and then back again after, it really took me out of it. Going to assume they use it for the stunt guys to see a bit better in the helmet.

It doesn't help when you're hiring writers and directors because they're the flavour of the month or tick boxes for gender/sexual orientation/race etc., then firing those same writers and directors when you realise they don't know what the hell they're doing. And yeah they really need to clone Filoni. It's obvious that the first two seasons of Mando were so strong because of his influence on Favreau, and no coincidence the best episodes of BOBF and Mando s.3 were either written or directed by him. Kenobi which he clearly had no part in was a huge steaming pile of eopie dung. That's why despite being very down with Disney and Star Wars right now I'm still really looking forwards to Ahsoka, and have faith it'll deliver.

This can't be stated enough. Filoni needs to be pulled in once in a while (the obsession of wolves was a bit much in Rebels) but I think his lack of presence on this season and BoBF was one of the major reasons those seasons fell flat.

the obsession of wolves was a bit much in Rebels

The man has a healthy interest in wolves including naming characters after wolves and naming himself after a wolf and using wolf motifs and making an entire wolf themed Clone battalion and incorporating actual wolves into shows and maybe turning into a wolf some day.

9AC5DF14-9F78-443C-BEEF-675C7F55015A.gif

The man has a healthy interest in wolves including naming characters after wolves and naming himself after a wolf and using wolf motifs and making an entire wolf themed Clone battalion and incorporating actual wolves into shows and maybe turning into a wolf some day.

View attachment 635290

lmao

I mean it worked with the Wolfpack in TCW as they were just another battalion that had appearances scattered throughout the 7 seasons of the show (funny Wolffe has the most different types of armors in the show) and the clones were done so well in that show.

But man Kanan becoming a wolf and the wolves on Lothal and all that stuff..it was just a bit much for me lol.

lmao

I mean it worked with the Wolfpack in TCW as they were just another battalion that had appearances scattered throughout the 7 seasons of the show (funny Wolffe has the most different types of armors in the show) and the clones were done so well in that show.

But man Kanan becoming a wolf and the wolves on Lothal and all that stuff..it was just a bit much for me lol.

Agreed, Wolffe and Wolfpack are awesome.

5899BDF8-1BFF-4A52-B478-384BE1FE850D.gif

I don’t really have anything against his love of wolves. When just designs, they’re generally made to work with the Star Wars aesthetic for the most part.

But yeah, the Loth-wolf bits with actual wolves were absolutely just way too on the nose and a distraction.

View attachment 635290
Someone needs to keep an eye on that sort of behaviour. He’ll be like that Japanese guy who spent £20,000 on a wolf costume. He probably chases Rosario Dawson around set while they’re both in costume

B2DE2C0F-5413-4843-88FE-7A3284C16F0B.png

“oh Mr. Filoni what big teeth you have!”

At this point they must be waiting for S2. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Disney said to Hot Toys to wait until S2 for a lot more figure worthy characters.

Unless of course May 4th has something to bring....
There’s a big queue for May 4th. ROTJ Anniversary, Mandalorian S3, Jedi Survivor. Not sure Andor will be in the mix 😞.

There’s a big queue for May 4th. ROTJ Anniversary, Mandalorian S3, Jedi Survivor. Not sure Andor will be in the mix 😞.
+ Clone Wars anniversary

What we’ll get = life size Grogu 2.0, a random member of the 501st no-one can remember, and some Mando season 3 Cosbabies

Just give me ROTJ darn it! If we must insist on Clone Wars then at least give us something useful like Wolffe or the 212th, or something amazing like Ventress or Grievous.

Back