Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo, where the **** is an Obi Wan figure? It's getting annoying, we have literally all the obi wans lined up for release, what are they waiting on? EP 1 obi rounds out duel of the fates, EP 2 pairs with Dooku, Yoda, now Jango and clones, clone wars obi to pair with everything CW they've done, especially Anakin, now this series!? Come on, it's gunna take 10 plus years not to get them all out? I'd even understand a rerelease of ep3 obi just so they had something to offer, but nah, the most popular prequel character gets nothing... Pretty ******* dumb
Yep that is pretty stupid that they have not capitalised on him more.

Maybe it's likeness rights :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

To sell that line of thinking they should have added some quick flashback scenes going through Obi-Wans mind, or Yoda & QuiGon etc speaking in his mind to show us his mental confusion, and therefore lack of concentration/skill with the lightsaber.
I mean we still have 3 episodes to go, at some point we have to see him get back into shape as he'll have to beat Vader next time.

I'm sure Obiwan will power up. Hasbro sure looks like they are doing a deep dive into this show for the Black Series. Seems like most characters are in that line. I really hope HT makes more than the 3 we know they will make but its different from Mando in that most characters in this show need face sculpts.

I wonder if HT is crazy enough to do a Loader Ned figure :lol

Sad thing is they will do another dirty stormtrooper and put it under the Obi wan series banner just to sell it :rolleyes:

Yeah, I kinda do expect lightsaber competency. Since Kenobi is right up there with people like Mace Windu and all. I dont really expect Duel of the Fates right now. Sure didnt expect any fumbling around with the weapon, though.

Have you ridden a bike in the past ten years? If not, I bet you could ride one right this minute, if you so chose.
Yes, you could ride a bike after a 10 year gap, but I doubt you’d be able to instantly pull out any wheelies, bunny hops or tail whips.

Yes, you could ride a bike after a 10 year gap, but I doubt you’d be able to instantly pull out any wheelies, bunny hops or tail whips.

Yes but we're not professional riders. Not masters if you will. Obi-Wan is a Jedi master. The better comparison would be a tour de France rider after 10 years to compare to Obi-Wan

I wonder if that stormie would be able to dodge if that cumbersome and slow droid decided to use the hammer.

I can completely get onboard with Obi Wan losing his mojo. It’s not merely that he hasn’t held a lightsaber or used the force for 10 years, he’s actively rejected and avoided the Jedi way altogether.

It’s been just over 10 years since I was a competing gymnast- I retain the knowledge of how to do the moves but that doesn’t mean my body would comply or react anywhere near fast enough to land any twisting flips.
The spatial awareness and muscle memory that would have previously informed my movements while in the air are gone, the fast twitch muscle fibres that (despite continued weight training since) haven’t been exposed to anywhere near the same degree of explosive torque, my internal organs haven't been shaken around inside my body and put through constant sharp impacts means I should absolutely not expect to hold a candle to my former self and I’d be nervous to even try.

I also haven’t sung in a rock band for over 5 years now- if I got up on stage to bust out livin’ on a prayer, I’d tear my voice to shreds and fail miserably.
My point is that performing anything at a high level requires continual work to maintain that skill. 10 years is more than long enough to set you way way back. The only advantage to having previously been trained is that when you retrain, you will progress much faster.

And regarding his mental state;
just look at how quickly stable people let themselves go, gained weight, spiralled into depression, basically fell apart during the lockdowns.
Even for an optimist like Obi Wan, his and his religions’ failure contributing massively to the rise of the Sith and an oppressive galactic empire is gonna get him down.

Luke’s demise into self-imposed isolation and misery was idiotic and objectively the wrong direction for that character given just about any circumstances but it makes sense here for Obi Wan.

Its really like Kenobi has regressed into being a padawan again.

This is one of the top five most powerful Force users ever....? He TRAINED Anakin. And while respecting Anakin's power makes sense, he shouldnt be cowering - which is just about what he's doing now. He should hide not because he FEARS Vader or any Inquisitors, but because he does not want to draw any attention to the area where Luke is. But right now, he seems to fear all these people.

Kenobi is RUSTY WITH A LIGHTSABER? He grew up with one in his hand. Grew up with one!! WtF?! That should be just like you and me getting back on a bicycle. Once you know, you know.

I wasnt expecting to see Kenobi fumbling with the saber. What I EXPECT is an actual clash of the titans. I EXPECT worthy opponents. Kenobi is a Force master. Im not seeing that right now. I want these two no-holds-barred, I want an absolutely savage duel.

I expected a lot of things from BoBF too, almost none of which I got. What i GOT was Fett fighting B.K. hand to hand [WHO FIGHTS A WOOKIEE BAREHANDED I ASK YOU] and in one of the most shameful moments in the entire franchise, poor Boba was forced to address a kitchen droid as if it were an equal. I'm not over it, people!!! - and now, will I have to watch Kenobi be humiliated, too?

Please, no. I cant take no more.
Don’t worry. Reva will save him from anakin in the final episode.

So we got From Disney
Depressed luke
Depressed r2
Han the bum
Nice guy boba who loves everyone
Leia once again on the run from an empire
Depressed and wimpy kenobi who actually met and rescued leia
Thanks KK

Sigh, looks like it's going to be an easy pass on any Kenobi figures for me. Even though I'm enjoying the show more than most here, it's still not making me excited to own anything from it. I don't need a depressed Kenobi
😆 same. Haven’t gotten around to watching ep3, but those first two are unwatchable for me so this series is mathematically a bust irregardless of how it finishes, others’ mileage may vary 🤙🏻

Back