Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its really like Kenobi has regressed into being a padawan again.

This is one of the top five most powerful Force users ever....? He TRAINED Anakin. And while respecting Anakin's power makes sense, he shouldnt be cowering - which is just about what he's doing now. He should hide not because he FEARS Vader or any Inquisitors, but because he does not want to draw any attention to the area where Luke is. But right now, he seems to fear all these people.

Kenobi is RUSTY WITH A LIGHTSABER? He grew up with one in his hand. Grew up with one!! WtF?! That should be just like you and me getting back on a bicycle. Once you know, you know.

I wasnt expecting to see Kenobi fumbling with the saber. What I EXPECT is an actual clash of the titans. I EXPECT worthy opponents. Kenobi is a Force master. Im not seeing that right now. I want these two no-holds-barred, I want an absolutely savage duel.

I expected a lot of things from BoBF too, almost none of which I got. What i GOT was Fett fighting B.K. hand to hand [WHO FIGHTS A WOOKIEE BAREHANDED I ASK YOU] and in one of the most shameful moments in the entire franchise, poor Boba was forced to address a kitchen droid as if it were an equal. I'm not over it, people!!! - and now, will I have to watch Kenobi be humiliated, too?

Please, no. I cant take no more.
OK this is just for fun, but I think you'd like this.

I thought it was great, just as an alternative "What if....", Multiverse type thing. Just loved the choreography.

You expect Kenobi to pull out a Duel of the Fates performance having not used the force for nearly 10 years? That would have been totally rediculous.

Yeah, I kinda do expect lightsaber competency. Since Kenobi is right up there with people like Mace Windu and all. I dont really expect Duel of the Fates right now. Sure didnt expect any fumbling around with the weapon, though.

Have you ridden a bike in the past ten years? If not, I bet you could ride one right this minute, if you so chose.

Its really like Kenobi has regressed into being a padawan again.

This is one of the top five most powerful Force users ever....? He TRAINED Anakin. And while respecting Anakin's power makes sense, he shouldnt be cowering - which is just about what he's doing now. He should hide not because he FEARS Vader or any Inquisitors, but because he does not want to draw any attention to the area where Luke is. But right now, he seems to fear all these people.

Kenobi is RUSTY WITH A LIGHTSABER? He grew up with one in his hand. Grew up with one!! WtF?! That should be just like you and me getting back on a bicycle. Once you know, you know.

I wasnt expecting to see Kenobi fumbling with the saber. What I EXPECT is an actual clash of the titans. I EXPECT worthy opponents. Kenobi is a Force master. Im not seeing that right now. I want these two no-holds-barred, I want an absolutely savage duel.

I expected a lot of things from BoBF too, almost none of which I got. What i GOT was Fett fighting B.K. hand to hand [WHO FIGHTS A WOOKIEE BAREHANDED I ASK YOU] and in one of the most shameful moments in the entire franchise, poor Boba was forced to address a kitchen droid as if it were an equal. I'm not over it, people!!! - and now, will I have to watch Kenobi be humiliated, too?

Please, no. I cant take no more.

giphy.gif

:lol

I saw it as he's not as strongly connected to the force as he was and so that in turn affects his proficiency with a lightsaber. He told Luke that the force partially controls your actions.

Vader easily overpowered him holding the saber with just 1 hand, never seen that before. Plus, what’s all the hype about Vader and Hayden…it’s pretty boring. We don’t even see Hayden, it could be Tyson Fury inside the costume for all we know.

I get that Obi needs to be a bit run down, but he’s given the run around by a little girl so far, and I don’t mean Reeva. He shouldn’t be this hapless.

A ***mighty Jedi general who put an end to Grievous ends up like a helpless chump and constantly disrupted by a godamn 10-year old girl.

And was totally screwed - getting the Mustafar treatment- before, you guessed it, had his arse saved by yet another strong and flawless female character. Now watch an infant Rose Tico appear and slap Vader down in this show.

Vader easily overpowered him holding the saber with just 1 hand, never seen that before. Plus, what’s all the hype about Vader and Hayden…it’s pretty boring. We don’t even see Hayden, it could be Tyson Fury inside the costume for all we know.

I get that Obi needs to be a bit run down, but he’s given the run around by a little girl so far, and I don’t mean Reeva. He shouldn’t be this hapless.
Vader fought an untrained Luke in ESB with one hand in some scenes.......doesn't really match up imo either.

Maybe he'll pick up his game for the final confrontation ?? He could have been stunned and overwhelmed with the whole situation I guess.

Maybe he'll pick up his game for the final confrontation ?? He could have been stunned and overwhelmed with the whole situation I guess.

Kinda what I'm expecting. Qui Gon will check his force answering machine and finally return Kenobi's calls. That will help Kenobi reconnect with the force and be able to best Vader for their last showdown before ANH.

I don’t know why anyone is expecting hermit Obi-Wan to be on the top of his game. He’s not TDKR Batman doing push-ups every day in prep for his rematch, while Aeromsmith’s “Back In The Saddle Again” plays on the soundtrack.

They probably wrote a strong comeback for Kenobi. Where they fail is they think pulling a character down makes his comeback more epic. McGregor is perfect, scenario not.

I mean I think his rustiness with the lightsaber fits perfectly with where his mental state is right now. I just don't think they should have made him this traumatized and depressed to begin with, especially 10 years after ROTS.

He rightly should have been sad about what happened to Anakin and the rise of the Empire, while still retaining that eternal sense of optimism he always had and belief that things will work out in the end.

I don’t know why anyone is expecting hermit Obi-Wan to be on the top of his game. He’s not TDKR Batman doing push-ups every day in prep for his rematch, while Aeromsmith’s “Back In The Saddle Again” plays on the soundtrack.

If he's *not* Batman, then what on earth good is he as a guardian to Luke?

He should never have LEFT the saddle. IDK, just glad Im not as invested in this as I was BoBF.

Yo, where the **** is an Obi Wan figure? It's getting annoying, we have literally all the obi wans lined up for release, what are they waiting on? EP 1 obi rounds out duel of the fates, EP 2 pairs with Dooku, Yoda, now Jango and clones, clone wars obi to pair with everything CW they've done, especially Anakin, now this series!? Come on, it's gunna take 10 plus years not to get them all out? I'd even understand a rerelease of ep3 obi just so they had something to offer, but nah, the most popular prequel character gets nothing... Pretty ******* dumb

It's beyond explanation why that CW Kenobi that is entirely ready to go hasn't been put up for pre-order. But hey...Walking Dead Dr. Strange.

It's beyond explanation why that CW Kenobi that is entirely ready to go hasn't been put up for pre-order. But hey...Walking Dead Dr. Strange.
I could live with him being a bit behind if they had the Wanderer obi going up, but not even a tease!? CW could have gone up as Anakin released, or even before, they knew this show was coming for as long or longer than we did...

The CW flashback at this point is a hoax. Just like ESB bounty hunters flashback rumor in BOBF.

I mean I think his rustiness with the lightsaber fits perfectly with where his mental state is right now. I just don't think they should have made him this traumatized and depressed to begin with, especially 10 years after ROTS.

He rightly should have been sad about what happened to Anakin and the rise of the Empire, while still retaining that eternal sense of optimism he always had and belief that things will work out in the end.
To sell that line of thinking they should have added some quick flashback scenes going through Obi-Wans mind, or Yoda & QuiGon etc speaking in his mind to show us his mental confusion, and therefore lack of concentration/skill with the lightsaber.

Back