Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine worked on the show and a month before it’s release hyped it up. “Gonna be SO good” “You’re gonna be blown away” and gave me the low down on who and what was gonna appear - he was 100% correct on the latter but only 20% on how great it was going to be. After the first couple episodes I had to ask him if he worked on the same show!! Possible rewrites and reshoots? Who knows.

To me it severely lacked. It had its moments but could have been so much more. As many here Fett is one of my all time favourites: Kenner kid who saw Empire in the theaters, mail-away figure, all the way to my first HT being the ROTJ Fett. It was a big let down but I still managed to find parts of the show very likeable and entertaining. I don’t dislike the show as much as many here do but totally understand. Mando Fett is where I’ll leave his character.

Book of Boba Fett hopefully just stays this one chapter - I doubt there will be a second season - and when he appears in Mando 3 (good possibility) he’ll keep his helmet on and just go back to being the Mando Fett we were introduced to. It was cool seeing him back to back with Din in the initial shootout.
Well said. Just goes to show that despite what contacts or leakers say about the "part" of the show they have seen, it's never really known what it's going to be like until the final edit. I can remember so many actor panels at comic con where they would get out of their seat and watch a trailer themselves for the first time. Even they had no real idea how it would all stitch together.

So yeah, it's the same for me. Mando Fett on throne is where he stays for me. What happened after that.........I forget the details.

I'm actually in the process of making a Jabba stone edifice for the throne to sit on. With room for a couple of characters around him Fennec, Gamorrean, Black K and Cad Bane would be a decent visual display.

Last edited:
EXACTLY, why drag poor Jango into this?! Jango has been dead for decades by this point.

To me this would be like everyone selling their Luke Skywalkers after TLJ came out. What?!

You have FOUR life-size Fetts? You are my display-space hero, man. I want to grow up and do likewise lol
Well Jango went and got his head cut off, which caused Boba to became a lame ass. So yeah it's totally Jango's fault that we got a crappy Disney+ show !! :p

You should check out Darth Dennis' display room thread !!! Epic to say the least !!! Here's a link;

Darth Dennis? Man Cave

I think SS is planning to re-issue the Gamorrean guards. For the people that hate the new skinnier versions, it might be good news.
Seriously, that would be great !! I'd be totally in for a SS Gamorrean vs skinny Mando/BOBF Gamorreans.

So long as the joints are decent and they can stand up !

Well Jango went and got his head cut off, which caused Boba to become a lame ass. So yeah it's totally Jango's fault that we got a crappy Disney+ show!! :p

You should check out Darth Dennis' display room thread!!! Epic to say the least!!! Here's a link;

Darth Dennis? Man Cave

Jeebus. My hat is off. Take a bow, Dennis.

The rest of us can only dream of such. I'm trying to imagine the average 3 year old loose in there, lol.

Seriously, that would be great !! I'd be totally in for a SS Gamorrean vs skinny Mando/BOBF Gamorreans.

So long as the joints are decent and they can stand up !

I'm hoping for the skinny Gamorreans from HT.

For the people that want it, you can go on the Youtube video and leave a comment to push that through lol. I hope they do the Boushh Leia.

Jeebus. My hat is off. Take a bow, Dennis.

The rest of us can only dream of such. I'm trying to imagine the average 3 year old loose in there, lol.
LOL! The door has a lock...and not one of those bathroom "poke it with a coat hanger" locks, I'm talking a full tumbler key lock. I need to update my display picks as I just sold a ton of marvel stuff and refocused my work area to Boba and Mando... I've also decided to build a Holiday Special and a Post-Sarlacc damaged life size Fett. Then I'm done...I swear! :)

I'm hoping for the skinny Gamorreans from HT.

For the people that want it, you can go on the Youtube video and leave a comment to push that through lol. I hope they do the Boushh Leia.
I did exactly that. I myself prefer the OG Gamorreans, and the SS version is pretty damn good imo.

Here's a link for people to add their comments.

The popularity of Star Wars is not an invitation to dimwits like Rian Johnson and Robert Rodriguez to come in and put their "spin" or agendas into it. Stranger Things is popular and Star Wars is popular so why not combine the two? :slap

The popularity of Star Wars is not an invitation to dimwits like Rian Johnson and Robert Rodriguez to come in and put their "spin" or agendas into it. Stranger Things is popular and Star Wars is popular so why not combine the two? :slap
I think we can almost guarantee this will be nowhere near the quality of Stranger Things. It’ll be to Stranger Things what the Godfather was to BOBF. Funny though the directors that came to mind when thinking who could make this were Robert Rodriguez and Rian Johnson. It’s not like they could ruin their reputation with SW fans any further at this point.

I don't think Hot Toys is going to dive deep with this **** show. But I guess couple of figure will soon be announced and that 1/4 Boba was quite surprising though.

1/6 BOBF Boba is pretty much inevitable at this point
Cad Bane
Black Wookie (or no?)
Training Luke ninja black outfit with backpack

And the most exciting news of all-time, a High Republic kids show is in the works. Described as Stranger Things in space. It’ll be every bit as 💩 as it sounds I’d imagine.

OH MY GOD

Calling it now: that right there is going to end up making Book of Boba look like freaking "King Lear" by comparison.

It would be funny, if it were not so sad.

I don't think Hot Toys is going to dive deep with this **** show. But I guess couple of figure will soon be announced and that 1/4 Boba was quite surprising though.

1/6 BOBF Boba is pretty much inevitable at this point
Cad Bane
Black Wookie (or no?)
Training Luke ninja black outfit with backpack
Definitely 1/6 Boba, hopefully his complete final look (re-armored + gaffi), otherwise the Tusken 2-pack will just become that much more indispensable.
I agree on Cad Bane and Black Kimono Luke w/Grogu.
I don't think we'll see Santo (too complicated)
One or two different Pyke looks would be cool
There are others I'd like to see (8D8, Cobb, Trejo, Black Tuskens, even the infamous kitchen droid) but I think anything past the above is just wishful thinking.
OH MY GOD

Calling it now: that right there is going to end up making Book of Boba look like freaking "King Lear" by comparison.

Oh without question I know that will be true, lol.

OH MY GOD

Just look at some of the comments on Reddit and you’ll know exactly the audience this show is pandering to. The whole High Republic was designed for the holier than thou TLJ/Rian Johnson/Kathleen ‘Godess’ Kennedy crowd. I hate this attitude of just because you dislike the ST and High Republic that you’re a toxic fan. Yet they attack the PT, A New Hope, George Lucas and Dave Filoni every opportunity they get.

Seriously read these comments and try not to vomit…

If it is aimed for kids, I see no problem with it and they're trying to push High Republic, so it makes sense for them to go into television territory after the books and games that are coming.

I'm not interested in that era so I probably won't tune in but there is no problem with them doing a show like this.

So surely we'll get a new 1/6 announcement for BOBF this coming week.

Normally I'd say Cobb Vanth has a good chance considering they have the prototype and have been working on the headsculpt / approval in the meantime no doubt.

But if that last scene means he could get some sort of robo shoulder/arm then maybe HT will hold off until he next shows up ?? I really hope they don't put him on hold for that reason. He doesn't seem like a character they would do multiple versions of somehow.

OK, I'm probably over thinking it :lol

So surely we'll get a new 1/6 announcement for BOBF this coming week.

Normally I'd say Cobb Vanth has a good chance considering they have the prototype and have been working on the headsculpt / approval in the meantime no doubt.

But if that last scene means he could get some sort of robo shoulder/arm then maybe HT will hold off until he next shows up ?? I really hope they don't put him on hold for that reason. He doesn't seem like a character they would do multiple versions of somehow.

OK, I'm probably over thinking it :lol

Worst case scenario: Mando Vanth with no head sculpt so they force you to buy the next one.

Back