Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just look at some of the comments on Reddit and you’ll know exactly the audience this show is pandering to. The whole High Republic was designed for the holier than thou TLJ/Rian Johnson/Kathleen ‘Godess’ Kennedy crowd. I hate this attitude of just because you dislike the ST and High Republic that you’re a toxic fan. Yet they attack the PT, A New Hope, George Lucas and Dave Filoni every opportunity they get.

Seriously read these comments and try not to vomit…

..... This sounds like the kind of show for me to NOT watch, again and again.

"Its a show about high-school-age padawans! Oh, goody! That sounds wonderful, High Republic rules!!!!!!"

🤮

and again I say unto you: 🤮

Here's an actual comment, not something I blueskyed: "I feel like this is a very reasonable and mature take. What’s the rush for content if it’s going to be average or subpar? Like, most everyone agrees that it’s worth it to wait for high quality content if it ends up being really f***ing good. I know it sucks during the interim, but there’s a whole world of cool **** out there to focus on and experience in the meantime!"

*LAFF!* High quality content!!!

Last edited:
So surely we'll get a new 1/6 announcement for BOBF this coming week.

Normally I'd say Cobb Vanth has a good chance considering they have the prototype and have been working on the headsculpt / approval in the meantime no doubt.

But if that last scene means he could get some sort of robo shoulder/arm then maybe HT will hold off until he next shows up ?? I really hope they don't put him on hold for that reason. He doesn't seem like a character they would do multiple versions of somehow.

OK, I'm probably over thinking it :lol
I don't think you're overthinking it. I'm also worried that they decide to punt and delay this figure and then we get robo-sheriff :(

I think HT knows that any figure with a Mando helmet is basically the SW version of Iron Man so I doubt they'd cancel Mando Cobb in favor of whatever currently unknown look that might show up in a TV show 1-2 years from now.

At this point, Hot Toys would have to pay me to get any figures from this terrible series.

I wouldn't mind the Boba from The Mandalorian as he was somewhat likeable in those episodes. He retained a grain of his mystique and kept his helmet on for the most part. He seems like a completely different character in his own series. I have zero interest in man-of-the-people, lover of puppies, employer of wayward youths, bumbler grandpa Fett.

Normally I would say I would be more interested in getting aliens and creatures, like Sideshow used to do, but New Star Wars can't even get that right. The Gammorreans look bad, the Twileks look bad, the Trandoshans look bad, The Niktos look terrible, The Klatoonians etc etc. Cad Bane, yeesh. The Wookie looked alright I guess, but I've never been a fan of the ridiculous football player Wookies like him, that were introduced in ROTS. The Wookies in Solo looked much better. Gangly and ugly, they actually look like Chewie's race. The ROTS and BOBF Wookies make Chewie look like a teenager. Only the Rancor survived with it's OT look intact.

We got axe woves before bespin han. What happened to the world?

Forget about Bespin Han. He's not happening. Its just not gonna happen. The thing most likely to blame is not HT, but the fact that Harrison Ford is an @sshat.

I feel sorry for you guys but its just not going to appear. Nor do I expect ANY new Harrison Ford figures, not from Indiana Jones, not from anything he ever does again. Notice we got nothing from that Blade Runner sequel a few years back! That's what happens when an actor is an @sshat.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe HT just doesn't want to make Han Solo after he broke the ANH figure on live TV.

Lucasfilm only license Indy when a new film is coming out, hence Hasbro announcing they have been able to renew it recently.

NECA were able to make Deckard from Blade Runner 2049. The reason no one made him in sixth scale is because no one wanted to. They saw the film bombed and moved onto 2018 film licences.

I dont know what I'm talking about...? Perhaps not, but we have one massive bit of evidence pointing to this conclusion: Not only no Bespin Han, but NO new representations of Ford, from ANY FRANCHISE from Hot Toys.

I mean, whatever. Keep hope alive. There's a contingent of people ensconced in some park somewhere right now, convinced John F Kennedy Jr is about to part the ground and emerge from the land of the dead as a new Conservative messiah, too. That has about as much chance of happening as Bespin Han does.

Dont shoot the messenger!

Really hope they don't do Robo-Cobb.

But it's Disney, we know what they are capable of !
You have to ask yourself what's the easiest thing in the world for Hot Toys to do to bump up the price? The answer is include the seagull poop Boba armour. It's already made and readily available, instantly appeals to Boba Fett fans/collectors, and bumps up the price due to Boba tax.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe HT just doesn't want to make Han Solo after he broke the ANH figure on live TV.

Lucasfilm only license Indy when a new film is coming out, hence Hasbro announcing they have been able to renew it recently.

NECA were able to make Deckard from Blade Runner 2049. The reason no one made him in sixth scale is because no one wanted to. They saw the film bombed and moved onto 2018 film licences.
I agree. There are several Han Solo figures that have been made over the past couple years. It's kind of silly to think Harrison Ford has any control at this point. Didn't they all sign their likenesses away in 1977?

My finger is hovering over the cancel button on the Fett Throne version. I am just not sure I need this iteration of Fett in my collection (granted it is technically from Mando...but still)
I like the throne design but this is a lot of $$$s in CAD that I can place elsewhere...

Back