Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far this show has proven to be very budget-friendly to me, with only Fennec currently PO'ed (due to her performance in The Mandalorian, definitely not BOBF) and the Black Krrsantan on the wish list. I have no desire picking up incompetent Boba. But things sure could change drastically during the course of remaining episodes.

Agreed. Just before, when Din entered the Mandalorian hideout I was wondering how that thing didn't get stuck behind small hatches and whatnot. So I wasn't too sad to see that thing go. Also, he wouldn't have any room to store it on his new starship.

I like the look of the N1 one a lot. But it isn't very practical IMO. The Razor Crest was like Din's mobile home. His own personal Eagle 5 so to say. This new one, while awesome, has less to no room for weapon storage, cargo and sleeping quarters. You know who will ride shotgun in the droidbay, though. ;)

But the first flight scenes in yesterday's episode were epic. Definitely goosebump material and a nice throwback to the podrace in Episode I. The whole time I had Anakin's words in my head: "Now this is Podracing!"
Agreed, the first flight scene was awesome!

I will always long for him to return to the Razor Crest though. The Starfighter looks great and is incredibly fast however it feels more like a weekend ride - much more suited for when he takes Grogu on days out during his days off. :bounce The Razor Crest was more of a Monday-Friday vehicle for the day job. :lol

Now that would be awesome!

You definitely wouldn't say that when watching the show. It almost feels like The Mandalorian is his true passion project. And Boba as a sidecharacter in the Mandalorian was exceptional.

I'm getting a feeling the whole Book of Boba is something that is pushed on him from higher up or something. It feels very different from The Mandalorian and the current day story is almost non-existent since it's been mostly flashbacks so far and now an entire episode without the titular character.
Yeah there might be something to the rumour that they decided to push Mando S3 back due to whatever reasons, and thought a show on Boba would be cool. Maybe Faverau really had no time to think about it properly and threw something together ?

I dunno as I write this I'm thinking that sounds like a convenient excuse, but something just doesn't add up ??

I'm sure I'm way off here but what if this last episode was the planned first episode of the Mando show and they threw it into BoBF in order to bump up the show's lackluster status?

I'm sure I'm way off here but what if this last episode was the planned first episode of the Mando show and they threw it into BoBF in order to bump up the show's lackluster status?
I mean it ties into BOBF at the end, so I doubt it

Yeah there might be something to the rumour that they decided to push Mando S3 back due to whatever reasons, and thought a show on Boba would be cool. Maybe Faverau really had no time to think about it properly and threw something together ?

I dunno as I write this I'm thinking that sounds like a convenient excuse, but something just doesn't add up ??
I don’t understand the confusion. Artists are human. You won’t like everything they make. Everyone’s favorite band has at least one bad album in their body of work.

I know that since 1999 we’ve all been desperate to know in advance whether we’re gonna like “the next one”, but the sad truth is we just have to wait and see. Even with good track records you just never know.

The rumor for Boba was 6 episodes for his first season, when the show was officially dated, a month or so before the premiere, it was listed at 7 episodes, might be safe to say that they included a Mando episode to let the audience know what the character has been up to since the end of S2 due to the 2 year wait in-between episodes, and have the end connect to the current Boba show.

It wasn't a quick "lets catchup with Mando" for the first 15 minutes and then move onto Boba, it was a full on Mando episode between the cold opening, meeting up with the Armorer, finding a new ship with the Mos Eisley mechanic that is a supporting character for Mando and testing out the new ship, with the last 30 seconds rolling into what is happening with Boba.

I don't think it had anything to due with how they felt the Boba season was going (disappointing to most it seems) but just an episode to let us know where Mando has been up to before S3.

Not possible from a timing perspective. They don't just have an episode of Mandalorian finished and sitting around ready for release; these episodes take months in advance to make in order to meet the weekly release schedule. By the time we see the first episode of one of these series, the remainder are already completed or getting finalized; they're not making changes based on reception.

Boba needs to go postal next week.

Postman-Pat.jpg

Local deliveries only though.

(He prefers walking).

Considering yesterday's episode, that might not be a bad thing.

I am actually wondering what way they will go next week. The way this episode ended, I'd be inclined to say we'll get Mando visiting his friend only to later return to Boba. And I think that could be the right direction. Yesterday's episode kinda proved that Din is a much better character for a main role than Boba is. Boba is an excellent sidecharacter like in Mando S2, but his own story is severely lacking. I can't recall the last time I saw a show where the main character didn't show up for a whole episode and his story basically got suspended for that episode. It really confirms to me that the actual current day story for Book of Boba isn't much of a story (book) at all and could've been told in three episodes.

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking. There’s not much story at all to Boba’s present timeline story. Most of the first 4 episodes dealt with flashbacks.

Boba needs to go postal next week.
Nah next episode is just gonna be more recruiting (maybe we'll even get a whole hour devoted to Cobb Vanth or Mayfeld). Boba won't actually go postal until like the last 10 minutes of the last episode. And even then it'll probably be his Rancor doing most of the damage.

Unless the pikes with their plan (according to Boba will take over the planet) which could lead to spice runs through his lil town. He’s the last teased Mando figure yeah? Besides the Grogu pack
I’m had considered them telling him about the pikes, still think he thinks he could keep them out of Mos Pelgo himself. Only way I’d see him agreeing was if Mando was the one asking.
If we see Cobb in BoBF this seems the most likely scenario, with Mando swinging by Mos Pelgo (probably off-screen) to recruit him in the season finale and they show up together at a key point in the final battle. Mos Pelgo citizens showing up in force with Tuskens to help drive out the Pykes' goons (and avenge the massacre of Boba's tribe) is also a slim possibility and would build on the tenuous alliance forged when killing the Krayt Dragon in Mando S2 Episode 1. And you just know that one female Tusken from Boba's tribe will pop up sooner or later.

Back