Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, let me get this right, people are moaning about Favreau, Tem, and Rodriguez’s portrayal of a character who everyone complained for the last 40 years had absolutely no character? Makes perfect sense.

He was a bounty hunter with a reputation of being mysterious, feared, ruthless, deadly, and proficient. Even Vader knew of him and respected him. He hung out in Jabba's Palace so likely not exactly a good guy who valued respect. He didn’t care about right or wrong, only which side paid the most. He fought with lots of tech gadgets, blasters, and a jetpack. He wore wookiee scalps as trophies. So absolutely nothing like what we have seen...

This idea that some people have been spouting that he has no origin story is complete nonsense.

He was a bounty hunter with a reputation of being mysterious, feared, ruthless, deadly, and proficient. Even Vader knew of him and respected him. He hung out in Jabba's Palace so likely not exactly a good guy who valued respect. He didn’t care about right or wrong, only which side paid the most. He fought with lots of tech gadgets, blasters, and a jetpack. He wore wookiee scalps as trophies. So absolutely nothing like what we have seen...

This idea that some people have been spouting that he has no origin story is complete nonsense.
He has an origin story in Legends, in canon he’s always been just a cool looking action figure. AOTC is the closest we’ve gotten in canon to giving him a backstory, and everyone whinged about that until the bloody awful ST came along. Hey, I liked that action figure and Boba Fett as much as anyone, but it would sure as hell would have been boring to base an entire series off. The guy needed a personality, and that is what they’re in the process of giving him. Not everyone is 100% good or bad, people can be both at the same time. Just have some patience and give it some time, you might be pleasantly surprised.

To be honest, I was hoping they'd wrap us this crime lord stuff and move onto something else for a second season (assuming they do a second season -anyone know what the ratings are like for the show?)
Finding the crime lord stuff quite dull so far.

I'm pretty sure Disney has never mentioned anything in regards to numbers of viewers for any of their shows.

He also died a comical death in E6 and that was it for many many years.

The fact is they want SW to be family friendly. How many people want to their kids to idolize a character who didn't care about right or wrong and values profit over everything else.

He also died a comical death in E6 and that was it for many many years.

The fact is they want SW to be family friendly. How many people want to their kids to idolize a character who didn't care about right or wrong and values profit over everything else.

Then don't make a show about him, it's who he is.

LOL, you are all in on the hate for this. Serious question: Are you still watching? If so, do you think the show can recover at all in your eyes?

Yeah I'm still watching but I don't think this nonsensical version of Morrison "Boba Fett" can or will be course corrected into anything that could ever be viewed as the actual Boba Fett as he was intended. I do still think we can get some cool moments on the show worth seeing and maybe even a HT figure or two worth buying. I'm interested in that Wookiee and gunslinger Cad Bane.

Here he is ladies and gents, this is how Lucasfilm/Morrison sees Boba Fett :slap

View attachment 555289

...Oh lordy, is the man not allowed to crack a joke? Do you not think he was as amused as anyone at the idea of having to teach Tuskens how to operate machinery? It was funny and he knew it was funny.

This stone-cold badass is slowly growing a heart. As long as they dont go hog-wild on that concept, I'm fine with it. I still expect a healthy dose of skullcracking, smack-talking and telling people what to do. I could listen to that voice issuing threats all day. *shrug*

p.s. Also, I am tired of ESB/RotJ comparisons. The Lucas version of Fett isnt what we're seeing now? Lucas did not care. Lucas threw him down that sarlacc like you or me balling up an empty potato-chip bag and aiming for the circular file with it. So much for his sacred Lucas-era past.

Last edited:
...Oh lordy, is the man not allowed to crack a joke? Do you not think he was as amused as anyone at the idea of having to teach Tuskens how to operate machinery? It was funny and he knew it was funny.

This stone-cold badass is slowly growing a heart. As long as they dont go hog-wild on that concept, I'm fine with it. I still expect a healthy dose of skullcracking, smack-talking and telling people what to do. I could listen to that voice issuing threats all day. *shrug*

p.s. Also, I am tired of ESB/RotJ comparisons. The Lucas version of Fett isnt what we're seeing now? Lucas did not care. Lucas threw him down that sarlacc like you or me balling up an empty potato-chip bag and aiming for the circular file with it. So much for his sacred Lucas-era past.

The long and the short of it is Morrison doesn't look or act like Boba Fett.

Last edited:
Turns out they were talking about Max Rebo, lol.
dbjfynl-9f185a6c-8a23-40c6-a227-9e79343e1c3f.gif

The long and the short of it is Morrison doesn't look or act like Boba Fett. Some people are so desperate to consume "Star Wars" content that they will lap up anything Disney offers up.

View attachment 555303

Many are the criticisms that can be leveled at me, but love me or hate me "weak minded" aint one of them. *unamused*

The long and the short of it is Morrison doesn't look or act like Boba Fett. Some people are so desperate to consume "Star Wars" content that they will lap up anything Disney offers up.

View attachment 555303
Or maybe you know it might be a case that people actually like it and you’re the one in the minority. Wild opinion, I know.

FOOLS!!! SO MANY FOOLS!!!! HOW CAN IT HAPPEN

:devilish:
So far for me the show has been a mixed bag, but there’s no way I won’t see out the season. I’ve not been particularly enamoured with the Tusken flashbacks, and the sarlacc escape was a massive let down, and really took the wind out of my sails for that entire first episode, but that street scene in Ep 2 where Boba confronts the hutts felt pretty much perfect to me, he was no nonsense, his voice sounded menacing, on par with Jason Wingreens portrayal IMO, and HE KEPT HIS DAMN HELMET ON! If this is the Boba we get over the next few episodes I’ll be happy. Mind you, two seconds after that scene he took his bloody helmet off again, so I’ll have to remain cautiously optimistic.

So my guess is that episode 3 and 4 will involve Fett discovering that his armour is being used by Cobb Vanth and then finding the wounded Fennec in the desert, no doubt drawn by the flares that Din and Toro we’re firing into the night sky to blind Fennecs sniper shot.
Then off to Jabba’s Palace to retrieve Slave 1.

Back