Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People acting like we HAVE to wrap this up in one season. I am expecting a heavy cliffhanger at the end of these episodes, because the problems Fett faces are NOT going to be wrapped up in the next 4? episodes, not at all. We're gonna be free-falling till next year. Just like we were with Mando

View attachment 555274

Instead of expecting immediate resolution/gratification, I am doing what I can to enjoy the ride. YMMV.

To be honest, I was hoping they'd wrap us this crime lord stuff and move onto something else for a second season (assuming they do a second season -anyone know what the ratings are like for the show?)
Finding the crime lord stuff quite dull so far.

But it’s part of the Tusken culture, which Boba is being adopted into. I think it’s pretty cool, I have my problems with the show but the insight into the Tuskens is honestly the best part of it so far. This tribe are warriors, Boba is one too, as was Jango.

I'm among those that have usually been annoyed at Disney's half-hearted attempts at "inclusion", but I also really liked the way the show tied in the Maori with the Tuskens, who have been analogous to the Native Americans for both TV series. If you factor in the Mandalorians, they're all cultures with proud warrior traditions who've been marginalized by technologically dominant oppressors.

IMHO this is the kind of storytelling possibilities that should be explored in a continuing Star Wars series, not just action scenes, fast spaceships and explosions.

I say this gently and respectfully: this show is what it is. The producers are not going to yank it down and reshoot the whole thing because myself or anyone else happens to not like it. Are there things about it i would not have done? Sure. But it is what it is.

Frankly, I hated "Visions." Just hated it. Keeping in mind the sunk-cost fallacy, i quietly walked away after a few episodes. Other people loved it - okay, cool. But not me. Actually when Metallica changed their formula, i walked away from that music without a backward glance as well.

Love him, hate him: as it stands now, T. Morrision IS the face of Boba Fett. This wont be changing soon, either.

Progression happens. Only you can determine whether or not that progression erodes your interest to the point of your walking away. I walked away from SW for decades at the mere sight of an ewok: can relate.

After the first two episodes I do have one foot out the door which is bothersome because I thought a show about Boba Fett was almost guaranteed to be good. I just never imagined that legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett would become an inept Disneyfied character, silly me with Lucasfilm involved. Really the only thing stopping me from bailing is the third season of The Mandalorian that is still on the horizon. This show does have me very concerned about any Star Wars content going forward, including the aforementioned Mandalorian season three. If The Mandalorian third season sucks Star Wars will be dead to me after The Mandalorian season two. So far this doesn't feel like Favreau's Mandalorian at all, but it does remind me a lot of Marvel phase 4 laced with some Filoni.

We already know who they are and what they do. They are local savages who kidnap, murder, trade, and live off the land.
Apparently we didn't.
I'm among those that have usually been annoyed at Disney's half-hearted attempts at "inclusion", but I also really liked the way the show tied in the Maori with the Tuskens, who have been analogous to the Native Americans for both TV series. If you factor in the Mandalorians, they're all cultures with proud warrior traditions who've been marginalized by technologically dominant oppressors.

IMHO this is the kind of storytelling possibilities that should be explored in a continuing Star Wars series, not just action scenes, fast spaceships and explosions.
Agreed. I personally don't like the ST and TLJ least of all, mostly because of their "half-hearted attempts at "inclusion"". What they're doing in Book of Boba didn't even feel like an attempt but the writers naturally pulling from our real world history and cultures as inspiration which isn't anything new with SW.

Why are we wasting 2 episodes of a 7 episode series that is supposed to be about Boba Fett on Tusken/Morrison's culture. Nobody asked for this. We already know who they are and what they do. They are local savages who kidnap, murder, trade, and live off the land. Why is more elaboration needed, when do the Jawas get their turn, etc etc where does it end? This was supposed to be a highly anticipated show about the mythic and vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett that has inexplicably turned into a cultural show about "misunderstood" indigenous people starring Temuera Morrison's face as a bumbling Boba Fett.
It's 2 episodes of a 7 episode SEASON, not SERIES. Big difference if the assumption is it's a multi-season series but I would've liked to have had a bit less flashback and more current drama in the first two episodes. Again, I contend that watching Eps 1 and 2 as 1 big episode make it much more entertaining. The feeling at the end of episode 1 was major "meh". I'm still optimistic about where this will go...both during this season and across the series.

Turd, you gotta ride this out...LIKE A BANTHA! ;)

For me, this show is about the new Boba Fett that was "reborn" after he escaped the Sarlac. He has a 2nd chance at life and we're seeing what he's doing with it.

The "original" Boba Fett type character is still here. His name is Din Djarin.

Sorry but this is nonsense. Legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett punches through the side of a supposedly inescapable sarlaac pit, tunnels himself up out of the ground like a gopher(yeah right), gets robbed by the Jawas and suddenly has an epiphany that he wants to live like a sand person...but also a crime lord lol.

To be honest, I was hoping they'd wrap us this crime lord stuff and move onto something else for a second season (assuming they do a second season -anyone know what the ratings are like for the show?)
Finding the crime lord stuff quite dull so far.

I would imagine thats about to change. I think we are mostly done with the Tusken flashbacks, now the show will move forward to these new problems. I'm not sure Fett has really considered all the ramifications of what he's done, and this reality is about to come home to roost. IMO one of his biggest problems is that he did not already have a core of ten or so very serious people backing him up BEFORE he ever blew Fortuna's head off. You got to make people like Bossk an offer they cant refuse BEFOOOOORE the s*** hits the fan. Its not like bounty hunters do not form alliances of convenience all the time, when it suits them.

"Let's go to Tatooine. I got a score or ten to settle. This will be your cut. You in?"

Sorry but this is nonsense. Legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett punches through the side of a supposedly inescapable sarlaac pit, tunnels himself up out of the ground like a gopher(yeah right), gets robbed by the Jawas and suddenly has an epiphany that he wants to live like a sand person...but also a crime lord lol.

No, the trope of rebirth is NOT nonsense. This is a long-standing plot device.

I dont know how people are thinking that he was going to be down there for however long, and NOT be affected by the experience. That thing was eating him! Literally eating him. His flight suit does have about 15? minutes of air per the EU, IIRC but how long was he down there, breathing poison gasses? A day? A week? He didnt have water that whole time.

He's not General Zod or Black Adam. Anyone less is going to come out of there holding onto life by their fingernails. Fett is a badass but he is not a metahuman.

I mean he was living with the Tusken in the flashback and he wants to become a crime lord now. Something happened in between and I expect we will find out.

It's 2 episodes of a 7 episode SEASON, not SERIES. Big difference if the assumption is it's a multi-season series but I would've liked to have had a bit less flashback and more current drama in the first two episodes. Again, I contend that watching Eps 1 and 2 as 1 big episode make it much more entertaining. The feeling at the end of episode 1 was major "meh". I'm still optimistic about where this will go...both during this season and across the series.

Turd, you gotta ride this out...LIKE A BANTHA! ;)

Here he is ladies and gents, this is how Lucasfilm/Morrison sees Boba Fett :slap

img_2945.gif

Back