Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the first time I think we’ve seen the Hutts be that intimidating and even quite scary. They’ve always been built up that way by reputation, but generally come across in live action and animation as just more grotesque than intimidating. From the whole ominous drum beat, the dramatic entrance, the creepy way the twins had their tales wrapped around each other, it all just made one uneasy package. Because of their extreme wealth and galactic territorial control they’re near untouchable, and it actually came across really well here.

I'd like to see Fett turn his flame thrower on them... and melt the pair into one big grotesque lump. :devil

But I don't think this is that kind of show.

Then of course there was Black Krrsantan, who I think blew nearly everyone away. That thing was flaming terrifying! Can’t wait to see him go at it with Boba. I also think it’d be cool to see him go at it with Bossk, who is so obviously coming.

He was menacing. The kind of Wookiee you definitely let win at holochess, no matter how much he was cheating!

That’s the first time I think we’ve seen the Hutts be that intimidating and even quite scary.
I didn't see it that way and found it lacking, but like yourself I quite liked the drumming and the unsettling, amoral alien-ness of them.
Then of course there was Black Krrsantan, who I think blew nearly everyone away. That thing was flaming terrifying! Can’t wait to see him go at it with Boba. I also think it’d be cool to see him go at it with Bossk, who is so obviously coming.
He was well done. Star Wars these days is weird because it's a high tech, blaster-heavy environment which almost continually relies on melee combat and weapons. At least in Dune they have shields to explain this (plus the catastrophic interaction between shields and lasguns). In Star Wars it used to be just the odd fossil whipping out a melee weapon, now everyone's got one. :LOL:

Gone are the days when Solo would just shoot someone in the face.

Fennec vs Qi’ra
Both fan favourites in their way. I can't imagine a definitive loser there.

Was it @Otomofan that wanted a pillow fight? Fennec vs. Qi'ra -- no matter who loses, we all win. 😂

He was menacing. The kind of Wookiee you definitely let win at holochess, no matter how much he was cheating!
Dude, I wouldn’t even step on the same planet as that thing never mind take it on at holochess :p

I'd probably get the Hutt twins if produced. Maybe they will be shown in a more ornate environment and the CGI won't look as bad. Would also get the black Wookie.
Cad Bane is no doubt coming.

He reminded me a bit of the Uruk Hai from LOTR. I think it was the eyes.

In ANH Chewbacca was presented as a fearsome beast, even with his baby blue eyes.

peter-mayhew1977.jpg

They went all out with Black Krrsantan.

vlcsnap-2022-01-05-17h37m08s068.jpg

:panic:

He was well done. Star Wars these days is weird because it's a high tech, blaster-heavy environment which almost continually relies on melee combat and weapons. At least in Dune they have shields to explain this (plus the catastrophic interaction between shields and lasguns). In Star Wars it used to be just the odd fossil whipping out a melee weapon, now everyone's got one. :LOL:

Gone are the days when Solo would just shoot someone in the face.
Has Boba even used his blaster rifle yet? :lol

That snarl! Boy oh boy is that gruesome!! Is he taller than Chewie? He looked it. It may've been because he looked more jacked, like he'd been on the Wookie 'roids. Also, who played him, do we know?

There isn't any recorded height on Wookieepedia, and there wasn't any real way of telling in the episode. But they made him look big by filming from low down.

He gave Boba a long side eye and snarl as he departed!

vlcsnap-2022-01-05-20h12m16s037.jpg

You know .. I don't think he has. Just the ol' wrist rocket. He did draw down on the mayor but that's all I remember.
This show now feels too Western for me. Drawing from it too much. Is Boba going to have Fennec paint the town red for him?

Fennec is like Kif from Futurama - trying to bring sense to the idiot commander Zapp.

That wookie Kristina or Krystian or Kristofferson looks better than Disney Chewie appearances.

[/QUOTE]

I LIVE FOR THE MOMENT! We see Bossk and Black Krrsantan snarling at each other from across a room!

This is one reason I don’t want to see Boba destroying everyone within moments of declaring himself the new Daimyo. Give all these groups an intimidating entrance (I feel Crimson Dawn and Black Sun are yet to be introduced), let the story unfold, and end the last episode in a total massacre/bloodbath with all groups going head on with each other.

Final showdown prediction =

Boba vs Cad Bane
Fennec vs Qi’ra
Black Krrsantan vs Bossk

Crimson Dawn is to Black Sun what your local 7-11 is to the Walmart franchise: very, very small potatoes. Frankly I think a little Outer Rim wasteland like Tattooine is far beneath Black Sun's notice.

I dont see Bane showing up at all here.

I dont get where everyone has this idea Qi'ra is some unstoppable badass. Fennec would grill her shortbreads for lunch on Boba's barbeque pit.

I dont want BK and Bossk fighting seriously, because I want both of them to live.

There isn't any recorded height on Wookieepedia, and there wasn't any real way of telling in the episode. But they made him look big by filming from low down.

He gave Boba a long side eye and snarl as he departed!

View attachment 554162
If Hot Toys do make him and include one of those little brushes, like they did with Chewie, I’d be too scared to brush him in case he bites.

Seriously though he’d be a shelf-stealer if they make him. I just hope Howard hasn’t been put off making any more furry Wookies after the TFA ‘Honey Monster’ Chewie.

Back