Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’ve been selling Boba repaints with less differences for 40 years. This is a good thing there’s actually noticeable changes between the re-armored and BoBF specific designs.

They’ve been selling Boba repaints with less differences for 40 years. This is a good thing there’s actually noticeable changes between the re-armored and BoBF specific designs.
Yeah I guess you're right. Glad we get the choice though. Still a big fan of the baggy look, rather than the "tight thigh" look.

I'm cheekily going to add the comparison pics again here. Nothing worse than going to the effort of making a comparison and a new page starts.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 20.29.15.jpg

boba-fett-repaint-armor-and-throne_star-wars_gallery_60ee5230c06cf.jpg

The more I look at that latest pic with the red boot spats and tight pants (top left), the more it looks like a Cosplayer fitting into a costume he bought 10 years ago.

Not feeling it at all. I'm sure it'll look fine in the show, just in that still he looks pretty average imo.

Looking at the title of the current version, I never really noticed. But they purposely named it "Repaint Version". So it's clear they will probably re-use the throne with the Book of Boba version.

I think I'll be keeping the repaint version imo.

I think that’s smart. I like the TM Season 2 repaint version as well. It didn’t get a lot of screen time but what it got were important scenes.

And there’s no guarantee they’ll make the throne available again for the TBOBF figure. I think it makes more business sense to keep the throne exclusive to the repaint figure to incentivize getting both.

Hardcore collectors would get both anyway, but it might keep some people from cancelling their orders to jump ship for the next big thing.

“You want the throne? Sorry. You gotta buy our Movie Masterpiece Boba Fett (Repaint Armor) and Throne Sixth Scale Collectible Figure!”

I don’t dislike the TBOBF outfit, but I’m not completely sold on it either. I’ll reserve final judgement for the show.

C70F4150-56EF-40B1-872D-B4375004F429.jpeg

I think that’s smart. I like the TM Season 2 repaint version as well. It didn’t get a lot of screen time but what it got were important scenes.

And there’s no guarantee they’ll make the throne available again for the TBOBF figure. I think it makes more business sense to keep the throne exclusive to the repaint figure to incentivize getting both.

Hardcore collectors would get both anyway, but it might keep some people from cancelling their orders to jump ship for the next big thing.

“You want the throne? Sorry. You gotta buy our Movie Masterpiece Boba Fett (Repaint Armor) and Throne Sixth Scale Collectible Figure!”

I don’t dislike the TBOBF outfit, but I’m not completely sold on it either. I’ll reserve final judgement for the show.

View attachment 548911
Yes true, they could play it either way. I was thinking more from the business perspective of paying for that throne tooling. But could go either way.

I'm starting to get impatient for Book of Boba....

giphy.gif

*crickets*

*tumbleweeds*

I dunno what HT is doing, but they better start justifying our love. No announcements in months. Not only no Fennec, we have an incomplete Bad Batch and no Nite Owls, no nothing.

*crickets*

*tumbleweeds*

I dunno what HT is doing, but they better start justifying our love. No announcements in months. Not only no Fennec, we have an incomplete Bad Batch and no Nite Owls, no nothing.
I think we'll see Fennec and rain boots Fett around the release of the first episode of BoBF...with a Q4 2023 release... It is going to be interesting to see how they manage the onslaught of Spidey figures and BoBF. They had a pretty dedicated run of Infinity War and Endgame figures followed by Mando stuff. I don't recall what the overlaps looked like during those timeframes but this is pretty much directly aligned with each other. Could be hurtful for our wallets...

I think we'll see Fennec and rain boots Fett around the release of the first episode of BoBF...with a Q4 2023 release... It is going to be interesting to see how they manage the onslaught of Spidey figures and BoBF. They had a pretty dedicated run of Infinity War and Endgame figures followed by Mando stuff. I don't recall what the overlaps looked like during those timeframes but this is pretty much directly aligned with each other. Could be hurtful for our wallets...
Some of the D+ Marvel shows ended first then HT released the figures. I doubt that fate for Fennec, but possible for Boba unless they have something else down the pipeline.

Of course Marvel is the focus atm, that's what's on tv and in the cinemas. Hot Toys is a business after all, they want to capitalise on what's fresh and trending. We can't really complain when we've had 20+ Star Wars releases this year and only had one so-so animated show to represent the brand. Next year is Star Wars' year, we'll probably end up seeing 30+ figures with all these shows, with the odd sprinkling of OT, PT, CW, and Mando s.1/2 figures here and there.

Of course Marvel is the focus atm, that's what's on tv and in the cinemas. Hot Toys is a business after all, they want to capitalise on what's fresh and trending. We can't really complain when we've had 20+ Star Wars releases this year and only had one so-so animated show to represent the brand. Next year is Star Wars' year, we'll probably end up seeing 30+ figures with all these shows, with the odd sprinkling of OT, PT, CW, and Mando s.1/2 figures here and there.
Exactly. Get that Spider stuff out of the way now, and watch the Marvel crowd complain about too many Book of Boba Figures, then too many Bad Batch figures, then too many Obi Wan Figures, then too many Andor figures, then too many......OK you know where I'm going with this....

HT just teased on their Chinese social media asking which of the 3 Spiderman villains people want figures of. Marvel is on the front seat at the moment.

What are people saying, are they saying Doc Ock? They better be saying Ock. OMG thats gonna be an $800 figure :p I actually expect Marvel to be in the catbird seat atm, its just that it should not be the -only- seat. But what do I know....

Trips: We can't really complain when we've had 20+ Star Wars releases this year

YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE LIMITLESS COMPLAINING I CAN DO! Its a feature not a bug, lol

I really think we need to see daylight with some of the Fett preorders current now, before they put up any more Fetts. I do think we will get BoBF Boba, but he will be later. As in, maybe midway next year.

Im super curious about what other, non-Fett and non-Fennec characters/figures this show will hold for us - should be interesting.

Back