Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Art of Books are the standard for Marvel/SW. Every live-action move/show have gotten them. Even these Marvel shows this year get one.

Plus it’s merchandise that will have the name Boba Fett on it. That basically guarantees they have to do it:lol
Yep, for me it's also an acknowledgement to the artists who come up with all this cool stuff. Everything from costumes to set designs and world building.

There are so many movie shots which are taken 1:1 from the concept art.

To me they are the unsung heroes.

That Mando S2 artbook is a must have! :rock

I love to draw and books like these are a great source for inspiration. This will be a nice addition to my collection!

Anyone been watching Star Wars Visions on DIsney+ ?

It's been OK, but pretty much filler for me until the main event - Book of Boba !

I've only watched about half of them though. Gotta say the first one grew on me more and more after seeing 2,3 & 4.

Loved the artistic style in the first one.

The first one is the best. I found 3 insufferable and 2 isn't far off. 7, The Elder is another good one.

The first one is the best. I found 3 insufferable and 2 isn't far off. 7, The Elder is another good one.
Yep totally agree. 3 was terrible. Something like a Fineus and Ferb episode. And that's offensive to F&F !!

Haven't made it to 7 yet.

While it's a nice gimmick to try and get asian buy-in to Star Wars, Kennedy is trying to get Star Wars to fit to any genre. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that.

Only watched three episodes so far, 1, 2 + 5, mainly because every time I sit down to watch it Disney+ goes on the blink (it’s been like that all week). The first one was good, the animation was beautiful. The second was a huge pile of crap, and everything I feared this show would turn into. God awful! The fifth one was very middle of the road, and very forgettable. I’d heard that was the second best episode, so I can’t say I’m too excited to sit down and watch the rest of them. I’ve found, with it being anime, it helps to watch them in Japanese with English subtitles. I can’t stand the American accents with anime.

As for new SW releases, so much for all these guys and their HK sources telling them Rex and Ahsoka were coming this week. At this point some of these guys are looking like pure chancers.

Only watched three episodes so far, 1, 2 + 5, mainly because every time I sit down to watch it Disney+ goes on the blink (it’s been like that all week). The first one was good, the animation was beautiful. The second was a huge pile of crap, and everything I feared this show would turn into. God awful! The fifth one was very middle of the road, and very forgettable. I’d heard that was the second best episode, so I can’t say I’m too excited to sit down and watch the rest of them. I’ve found, with it being anime, it helps to watch them in Japanese with English subtitles. I can’t stand the American accents with anime.

As for new SW releases, so much for all these guys and their HK sources telling them Rex and Ahsoka were coming this week. At this point some of these guys are looking like pure chancers.
Yep. It's so easy to say every week they're coming. If it works out they'll remind us all how good they were.

Speaking of that where's Ducky ? He had a 100% track record. Sorely missed.......

Yep. It's so easy to say every week they're coming. If it works out they'll remind us all how good they were.

Speaking of that where's Ducky ? He had a 100% track record. Sorely missed.......
Not going to lie I’m kind of missing him... in a way.

I watched the classic stuff in the 80's and 90's, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, Monster City, Violence Jack, Vampire Hunter D etc etc, I've got a soft spot for Studio Ghibli stuff and older Dragon Ball stuff but I've really grown to dislike the anime from the last 25 years. Can't stand modern anime. Therefore I've skipped this Star Wars anime thing.
I was tempted to watch the Boba episode but I particularly dislike the art style used for that episode.

I watched the classic stuff in the 80's and 90's, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, Monster City, Violence Jack, Vampire Hunter D etc etc, I've got a soft spot for Studio Ghibli stuff and older Dragon Ball stuff but I've really grown to dislike the anime from the last 25 years. Can't stand modern anime. Therefore I've skipped this Star Wars anime thing.
I was tempted to watch the Boba episode but I particularly dislike the art style used for that episode.
Love Ghost in the Shell. Always liked my anime with more of a sci-fi/horror twist. Favourite film = Perfect Blue, favourite series = Serial Experiments Lain + Neon Genesis Evangelion. That first episode of Visions reminded me of Vampire Hunter D the most. I always thought an Old Republic anime done in the style of Vampire Hunter D would be something to behold.

The Duel, The Village Bride, The Ninth Jedi, The Elder and Lop & Ocho were all really good imo.

The Ninth Jedi is definitely the best though, would have been a much more interesting premise for the Sequel Trilogy. People still follow the Jedi and Sith ideals, but it’s so far in the future that many of their arts such as Lightsabers have been lost to history.

Hmmm nothing today. I think the next announcement will be Fennic around the Book of Boba trailer release. I think HT is focusing on the new show on the horizon. Sadly, the further we get away from Mando season 2, the chances for Cobb, Koska etc seem slim unless they are in the Book of Boba.

October 7th is New York Comic Con. They may have an exclusive for that. Clone Wars Obi-Wan would make the most sense considering the re-use of parts and with CW Anakin on his way soon.

Well despite not being an anime fan I decided to give Visions a chance. The first episode was decent enough. The second one, with Boba was pretty bad. Got half way through the 3rd and gave up. I'll skip what's left of the 3rd and see if any of the others are any good.

Well despite not being an anime fan I decided to give Visions a chance. The first episode was decent enough. The second one, with Boba was pretty bad. Got half way through the 3rd and gave up. I'll skip what's left of the 3rd and see if any of the others are any good.
I'd recommend at least The Ninth Jedi, then The Village Bride, The Elder and Lop & Ocho. The rest aren't anything special.

Yea 2nd and 3rd were the worst for me. The last one too.

Back