Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much doubt Filoni is the man. President needs business and finance skills as well. Not saying Kennedy has those, but she's been around the block and knows the movie business and system. Filoni just got his first gig in live action TV. Plus he's a humble guy always saying how much he learnt from his live action experience etc. He's better in creative at the moment, where he can keep his focus on the Star Wars product and making sure it's good with the SW knowledge he has.

I would see Faverau more in the President role. He has a lot more experience. Has directed full films, knows a lot more people across the full Disney business and is mega smart imo. What he has done with Mando is pure evidence of creating something wildly successful and essentially saving Star Wars. I wouldn't be surprised if this was seen as a test in management eyes, which he clearly passed.

So I'd pick Faverau if I was Bob Chapek. However that's if he wants it. There could be others as well of course.

Now I'm sure this is where a Kennedy fan will step in and say she's not going anywhere. But I'm sure they've heard the fan outrage and know how crap the ST was managed.
I should have realized Favreau would be the better choice but I keep thinking about how Filoni was Lucas’ protege and sorta became the spiritual successor. I agree he is great in his role as a creator. We need lots of great talent to make SW reach its highest potential just like with OT it wasn’t all just one person. Hopefully with Favreau or someone of equal skill/merit in charge they can recruit the talent needed.

I should have realized Favreau would be the better choice but I keep thinking about how Filoni was Lucas’ protege and sorta became the spiritual successor. I agree he is great in his role as a creator. We need lots of great talent to make SW reach its highest potential just like with OT it wasn’t all just one person. Hopefully with Favreau or someone of equal skill/merit in charge they can recruit the talent needed.
Yep at the end of the day even the person at the top (of Lucasfilm) needs to understand the iso and know what fits, what is good, what the fans want, what will make money etc etc.

This is why Faverau and Filoni are such a good team. They "get it" and make it happen.

At the moment is someone who doesn't get it, therefore she needs to go.

FFS we’re going to get Vasectomy Han before Bespin Han, aren’t we?

No. Birth control does not seem to be a thing in the SW universe. I dont know why! We got cybernetic limbs and body parts, we got bacta tanks, we got med droids and free healthcare [or almost free] and if you get cut in half, cool beans. We just take the top half of you and stick that on a mechanical lower body and you are good to go! We can't figure out how to stop a pregnancy, tho. Nopers. And if you have a difficult delivery, we also dont know anything about that.

"She's dying!"

"........ [no real response]"

So Han is safe from vasectomies. lol

No. Birth control does not seem to be a thing in the SW universe. I dont know why! We got cybernetic limbs and body parts, we got bacta tanks, we got med droids and free healthcare [or almost free] and if you get cut in half, cool beans. We just take the top half of you and stick that on a mechanical lower body and you are good to go! We can't figure out how to stop a pregnancy, tho. Nopers. And if you have a difficult delivery, we also dont know anything about that.

"She's dying!"

"........ [no real response]"

So Han is safe from vasectomies. lol
But remember Padme had nothing medically wrong with her, it was meant to be more losing the will to live or dying from broken heart. ;)

I always liked the theory that Palpatine drained the life out of her to give life to Darth Vader. Not sure if that was rubbished. Still, I love the idea and that’s what happened in my head canon.

Slight change of topic. I see one guy posting Baze Malbus pics in Hot Toys FB page comments.

If we want a Baze to go with Chirrut then Cassian will be the closest bit of hype we will get.

Need to "like" to send the message to Hot Toys ! I still can't believe they left him and Cassian out !

Last edited:
Slight change of topic. I see one guy posting Baze Malgus pics in Hot Toys FB page comments.

If we want a Baze to go with Chirrut then Cassian will be the closest bit of hype we will get.

Need to "like" to send the message to Hot Toys ! I still can't believe they left him and Cassian out !

No point since I'm never finding Chirrut for a decent price anymore :lol

I've been hounding their Facebook for years with Baze. These days I split it between him and Mace Windu. Maybe we should try the Alanneh ''Reissue Mark 46'' Cryztiane approach.

Slight change of topic. I see one guy posting Baze Malgus pics in Hot Toys FB page comments.

I have nothing against HT finally manifesting Malgus, if they do cool.... But that guy on FB reposting Malgus is verging on Eugene Wong-levels of obnoxiousness. (For those who dont follow HT on FB, Wong is the guy who reposts a Shazaam! Gif every five minutes on every single HT post. I seriously wonder if he is quite right in the head.)

If they do Baze I would almost guarantee they would re-issue Chirrut in a two-pack. Or just only do a two-pack to screw all the other owners lol.

That Eugene Wong guy has issues. His spamming is scary.

Its the obsessiveness that makes me wonder. Okay, you can spam a thread for giggles or, every now and then, a little spamming to make a point.

This isnt that. This is months and months of spamming the same exact image like, fifty times a day throughout every thread HT creates. Hmmmm.

Its the obsessiveness that makes me wonder. Okay, you can spam a thread for giggles or, every now and then, a little spamming to make a point.

This isnt that. This is months and months of spamming the same exact image like, fifty times a day throughout every thread HT creates. Hmmmm.
Yeah, I guess it becomes an obsession at some point.

Not all people on FB are "grown ups" either.

Could be a 14 year old asian kid who gets giggles and cred with his friends by posting every release ??

The Mk46 guy has taken it to the next level though, posting on every single picture !

Back