1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also wonder if the body will not get damaged over time.

I have a very bad experience with an identical material on a ThreeA figure.

When pics released of the training version shortly after I saw the solo film, I immediately saw the likeness of Gal on the training version. I went back to look at this BvS version and agree with many on here that the likeness to Gal is way off. I really wanted a WW figure after seeing the film, but I just couldn't justify having this head sculpt, hence the waiting for a hopeful solo film version. If we don't get one then oh well, but the first thing that popped into my mind was that this is not Gal Gadot

Hoooray, lets wait another year for the training version and then maybe another 4-9 months for a cloak version
and then another 9 months for the JL version. and we have no idea if the actual final headsculpt will look like the training prototype. :D

At first I thought I was looking at Charlotte Rae, but now I think I see more Oprah Winfrey in this sculpt. FAKE HEAD SCULPT! :)

Agreed. I usually spend a couple of hours on just the pose alone, and I know other collectors do to. And those same collectors will then complain about the 30 minutes or more it takes to fluff up some hair that already comes pre-styled and with product in it, because they still believe rooted hair = Barbies, and that Barbie = cooties.

Which is ironic, because Barbie does rooted hair better than Hot Toys.

My main issue with rooted hair is the time it eats to style properly. I took three different runs at Avengers BW's hair, and at this point it's pretty much perfect but it ATE several hours to get there. :lol

You are really negative. She really looks like Gal Gadot.

Maybe the half-open mouth was not the best choice, the face looks exactly like Gal Gadot, but most of the images on the net are photoshoped or one brightens that really highlights the actress.

There, we also notice that according to the angle, our reaction varies between "Wow it's Gal Gadot!" To "Is it really her?"

Look at these pictures, good angle, she look like Gal Gadot :

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys/ph...1498916221./10154636968327344/?type=3&theater

But you watch the unboxing, you say "Oh, it's weiiiird".

She looks just like Gal- this thread is already pointless as far as discussion of HS- easily HT has done a superb job on this figure...if you pass that's fine

Maybe the half-open mouth was not the best choice, the face looks exactly like Gal Gadot, but most of the images on the net are photoshoped or one brightens that really highlights the actress.

There, we also notice that according to the angle, our reaction varies between "Wow it's Gal Gadot!" To "Is it really her?"

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys/ph...1498916221./10154636968327344/?type=3&theater

:exactly:

She looks just like Gal- this thread is already pointless as far as discussion of HS- easily HT has done a superb job on this figure...if you pass that's fine

Whoop...whoop conversation and head sculpt policy have spoken :). They did OK for their "first time" and it's a matter of individual perspective whether OK is good enough. Let em talk officer...

I tried to make a quick PS edit on the headsculpt..
IMHO, for me, HT missed few important elements on her face.

edited%20HT%20WW_zpsuibrc2zu.jpg

Now that someone mentioned Baccarin, I can't unsee it. Maybe that's why I dig it. I think she's hotter than Gadot and therefore, I'm more inclined to like this more lol.

I see a lot of unwarranted negativity on this release. Facebook is even worse when the non-collectors chime in.

This is not a perfect release - none of them ever are. But it's the most realistic version if the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman in a posable figure format currently available. For that reason, I'll take it. There's always a culture of not good enough this or not good enough that. People are living in the reality of what's currently available and not some fantasy standard of a character that is ultimately unattainable (because everyone has different ideas about what works for them for that particular character).

This was probably the best that Hot Toys was capable of given the materials and current demands for this release. I agree it's not a perfect likeness and maybe even that the Training Version has a better likeness...however, this is still a strong likeness. The complaints on the teeth sticking out are also pretty silly and overly exaggerated.

When will these figures ever be good enough? Several years back, Sideshow was the standard. Now, it's Hot Toys. The demands for heightened realism/photorealism in the sculpt/clothing/paintwork of figures seems to grow day by day, but when will that ever be enough?

Back when I was a kid, the small Star Wars figures were good enough. Today, there's a certain stylization they're known for which gives them a kind of charm that feeds our nostalgia. I think that, ultimately, is more important than any blatant display of the kind of generic realism/accuracy that's so common these days in the 1/6 scale figures.

I agree with most of what you stated. :goodpost: +1

Agreed. I usually spend a couple of hours on just the pose alone, and I know other collectors do to. And those same collectors will then complain about the 30 minutes or more it takes to fluff up some hair that already comes pre-styled and with product in it, because they still believe rooted hair = Barbies, and that Barbie = cooties.

Which is ironic, because Barbie does rooted hair better than Hot Toys.

I only own one figure with rooted hair, CA:TWS - Black Widow, and I didn't have to fidget with it out of the box. I'm curious on how to make the hair look natural; any tips?

Thanks

I agree with you that the portrait looks great; if Freaks pass because they don't like the portrait then that's okay.

It's all subjective anyway.

I've never heard of this Baccarin that keeps being mentioned here so means nothing to me. :lol
Looks plenty like Gadot when posed the right way. I accept it looks off in some poses especially with the hair forward but certainly not enough to stop me buying. The best looking regular armour WW we'll see for the next 18 months and she'll look great with Bats and Supes.

When pics released of the training version shortly after I saw the solo film, I immediately saw the likeness of Gal on the training version.

Yeah same here I was blown away.

I went back to look at this BvS version and agree with many on here that the likeness to Gal is way off.

Personally I don't think it's way off buts still off to some degree, the proto on the other hand looked way off.

Exactly like her? Are you kidding?

I think this comparsion picture set here shows how off the likeness is in the face, the eyes mouth and nose are out of proportion and the lips should be thicker.

19553964_10154924251446234_5348969918475638613_n.jpg

However, this set also shows what they did get right like the sharp angular jawline with those prominent cheek bones.

Looking at those pics I can tell it's her but it doesn't blow me away like the training sculpt does.

Last edited:
I tried to make a quick PS edit on the headsculpt..
IMHO, for me, HT missed few important elements on her face.

edited%20HT%20WW_zpsuibrc2zu.jpg

Looks better I see u got rid of the overbite and changed the shape and size of the eyes. Still doesn't look as good as the training sculpt though.

I've never heard of this Baccarin that keeps being mentioned here so means nothing to me. :lol

I had never heard of her either but she played Deadpool's girlfriend in that movie and she is exoctic looking like Gal.

Last edited:
Looks better I see u got rid of the overbite and changed the shape and size of the eyes. Still doesn't look as good as the training sculpt though.

Thanks. Yeah, it's just a quickie.. also, I tried not to change the expression, just tried to improve the likeness by fixing the distances and shapes. The training sculpt looks more like her, indeed, the expression helps a lot to get the likeness, IMHO.

I had never heard of her either but she was Deadpool's girlfriend in that movie and she is exoctic looking like Gal.

I've not seen Deadpool so explains why I've not heard of her.

For a first attempt WW I'm very happy with this figure. Future sculpts will be improved and in time probably make this one look pretty average. These things obviously take a great deal of skill to produce. Constructive criticism is good but I think at times some people choose to focus on the few negatives instead of enjoying all the things these figures get right. I'm still blown away by how realistic they are.

Back