1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, what would be a good HT body to replace this seamless one with? I don't need double-jointed elbows or knees, but a ball-pin would be nice.

None I would use a Phicen seamless. Plenty of articulation no joint's exposed

Wow, I freakin love it!! The likeness may not be quite 100%, but it still does more than enough to capture the actress and character. And personally I love the expression as well. It has some actual warmth and sexiness to it, and doesn't look nearly as blank and lifeless to me as something like the Black Widow or Gamora heads.

:exactly:

You summed up my thoughts exactly.

While WW looks good from some angles (and not so accurate from others), there seems to be more life to her expression than the dead stare from the recent Black Widow(s) or Scarlet Witch. I would say Wonder Woman bares a stronger resemblance to Gal Gadot than the Black Widow figure to ScarJo.

As far as I can tell, there's no SSC exclusive for WW so no need to worry about missing out on an extra accessory. But I want to watch the BvS movie first before I go all-in on these figures.

I guess the lasso won't be a huge factor in the film if HT didn't do really anything with it..damn this Trinity concept, I want a functional lasso with these figures :gah:

I pre-ordered it. Whether I like BvS or not, I am glad we got a cool Batman and Wonder Woman figure out of it. Should make for a nice display.

There is no base figure price. Never was. The last couple figures where 200-220. This is an entirely new body and HS and costume.
Hawkeye (and Drax and Winter soldier) is 219. I didn't see anyone saying the base price went down.

As for how to estimate and not using a new body or Licensing. It does matter. But there's 700 other things that factor in also. From the potential for reuse (Drax will be in gotg2 for example) to spreading out the cost of the movie license across multiple figures (BvS has four figures so far, six for gotg ect) to number of expected sales to how long it takes to paint, to complexity of the packaging and a lot more.

Wasn't aware you had a relationship with HT...thanks for the update. Tell Chan, Hawkeye is overpriced, the stealth armored bats is a nice re-issue, the reproduction of SW figures is a classic move BUT the community is onto his games. :wink1:

I have not kept track of Lee So Young's sculpts lately, but the ones I knew So Young sculpted I was really impressed with. I think this could be her weakest work to date -- not saying it's a terrible sculpt but So Young's always been a hit on my book. I hope they tweak it for the better as the rest of the figure looks really impressive.

Seamless body's always been a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation for HT, but from the pictures what's undeniable is that it's a beautifully sculpted body. The shape and the proportions look great.

Really tempted but will try my best not to PO at moment and just wait for the final product. Not much pressure as there'd most likely be another release from her solo film anyway just in case I miss out on this one :)

That Barbie thing is silly to me. The only thing a Barbie and this have in common is they are both female. I don't see people calling the male figures names that evoke 60s era gi Joe (or similar) figures. And that would be the same comparison. It's just not even close to a Barbie. Outside of both being female.

I'm not saying it's like a barbie I just know my wife will liken it to a barbie, as a lot of people who don't know about hot toys would, as in its a 12 inch "toy" woman
I think I only get away with my batman figures because she knows Iv always been a massive batman fan.
I'm buying it though, i want this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sculpt needs work imo

attachment.php

More defined cheek bones and thicker lips and eyebrows please Hot Toys.

wonder-woman.jpg

Agreed. Sculpt looks almost nothing like Gadot.

Other than that, fantastic figure. The armor texture and paints look fantastic. Even the hair looks great if HT can keep it that way for the final production piece.

Excited for this! Overall, I think it's a great looking figure.

I agree with some that I would prefer her likeness be a least a little closer to Gal for the final product. And I think her eyes have a blank expression in the proto which I'm not fond of. But, even if she looked exactly like the proto, I would probably still get her.

I'm newer to HT so this body worries me a little even though it looks really good.

The head sculpt isn't quite there for me. It's definitely close. However these are just prototype pics, so I'd imagine HT will try to nail it like the Cavill sculpt. Everything else looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back