1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going through my parts bin and as an interesting find, I noticed that my spare first batch exclusive BvS superman suit had a pinker \S/ and more dull blue whereas my second batch regular BvS suit has much more rich colors. I also remember the second batch body not having as dark/tanned skintone as my first batch. Just something trivial I noticed while deciding which parts to sell in these tough times (I'm not selling these suits so don't ask please).

Didn't really want to pick up a Superman, but do you guys think this is an easy fix?

hot_toys_bvs_superman_1594738360_12245d43_progressive.jpg

There have been many people who have repainted several figure?s outfits. Tiny Mei does that a lot. Might want to reach out to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s easy to do. Take the suit off first, use multiple very thin coats (watered down) of dark blue paint (I mix black with navy blue), so it doesn’t gunk up the fabric. It requires patience as you need to let each coat pretty much dry before applying the next, but it’s easily done. I’ve done it 3 times now

Last edited:
It’s easy to do. Take the suit off first, use multiple very thin coats (watered down) of dark blue paint (I mix black with navy blue), so it doesn’t gunk up the fabric. It requires patience as you need to let each coat pretty much dry before applying the next, but it’s easily done. I’ve done it 3 times now

Should I spend $250 just to get one for repairs? :gah:

Mine doesn't look as bad as the above maybe because its been displayed this whole time not sealed up(the brown shows up more in pics than in person)

Attachments

• 15965083842164609319748230461015.jpg
    15965083842164609319748230461015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Has anyone figured out what causes this? I dont own one, but I have 2 JL and 1 MoS. Nothing like his has happened to any of mine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Should I spend $250 just to get one for repairs? :gah:

not sure I sold pretty much my entire HT collection last year with the exception of a few SW and Depp figures. I wouldn't buy it, but that's mostly b/c I was never entirely satisfied with HT capturing his physique accurately enough. This figure (and the JL for that matter) look off to me no matter how much work you put into them. They look nice enough, but not for me to own. Your mileage will vary. I know I'm in the minority.

not sure I sold pretty much my entire HT collection last year with the exception of a few SW and Depp figures. I wouldn't buy it, but that's mostly b/c I was never entirely satisfied with HT capturing his physique accurately enough. This figure (and the JL for that matter) look off to me no matter how much work you put into them. They look nice enough, but not for me to own. Your mileage will vary. I know I'm in the minority.

I collect Batflecks and have ordered the Justice Mobile from Jazz Inc, I really want one as a companion piece tho. But it just doesn't justify to pay that amount to repair it imo.

Mine doesn't have any of that brown **** on the color and I've had him since he shipped in a detolf. I wonder if it has anything to do with direct sunlight or heat or the figure being exposed to more extreme elements playing a role in this. Do you guys live in extremely hot states like California, texas or florida with poor air conditioning or direct sunlight throughout the house especially the collection room?

Back