1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up, I put together a forum for folks that love to talk about Zack Snyder's DC films. Please come on by and hang out! thesnyderverse.proboards.com

Moderators, I promise will only post this in the threads that feature Zack's characters!

Trying my hand on a custom wired cape since I'm too cheap to buy one. Lol
20200903_211630-01-01.jpg

One of my favorite figures but I've decided to part ways with it. Im selling my BvS supes(sideshow exclusive) if anyone is interested. Pics are posted in the market section of these forums.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

北京国安;10402691 said:
0993509ed6bf0ca739d9e7e76a050802.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Is this custom it official!? This so far looks like
The best Henry Cavil sculpt I?ve seen.

Looking forward to the painted version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, best Cavill sculpt out there, although I dread to think how much it costs. Sigh.

Yeah, best Cavill sculpt out there, although I dread to think how much it costs. Sigh.

I've seen a few recently for a reasonable price. I personally still prefer the JL suit over this one but if I already had this one, I wouldn't buy the other one. Other than Batman, I only wanted one of each of the Trinity. I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me sell the JL Batman and just keep the BvS one. Lol

I've seen a few recently for a reasonable price. I personally still prefer the JL suit over this one but if I already had this one, I wouldn't buy the other one. Other than Batman, I only wanted one of each of the Trinity. I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me sell the JL Batman and just keep the BvS one. Lol

I love how you have to convince your wife to keep one when most of us have to convince our?s to get one lol.

“That’s how it starts... the fever... the rage (of spending/collecting)...”

Tell me about it. I started out just wanting the DC trinity. But I got interested in collecting too late to get the BvS figures at retail. The only figure available at retail at the time was BvS Battle Damaged Armored Batman. So I got him and JL WW and waited for what seemed an eternity for JL Superman.

A couple years ago I did pay $300 for a new BvS Batman because I kept finding YT review videos that praised him so highly, showing him in custom capes, etc., so I had to have him.

But anyway by now I have four Batflecks:

BvS Battle Damaged Armored
BvS standard (I bought the sniper rifle separately)
JL Tactical suit
JL standard

I just rotate them out from time to time in the trinity display.

Have to pinch myself from time to time at what a great sport wife has been about this hobby!

I love how you have to convince your wife to keep one when most of us have to convince our?s to get one lol.

Oh trust me, it goes the other way for me too! It's just in this case, she like the JL Batman better for some reason. I guess I could do what you do Alter and rotate the two out with each other but I only have 3 Detolfs and I'm already Batman heavy with the 66, 89, and the two Batflecks now

?That?s how it starts... the fever... the rage (of spending/collecting)...?

Tell me about it. I started out just wanting the DC trinity. But I got interested in collecting too late to get the BvS figures at retail. The only figure available at retail at the time was BvS Battle Damaged Armored Batman. So I got him and JL WW and waited for what seemed an eternity for JL Superman.

I think this is true no matter what lines/franchises you collect. You start out small thinking you only want a certain few and then you have a good handful to a full display case and beyond. I?ve downsized and upsized back and forth so many times. I downsized last year and was out for awhile and now I?m back again. But I think each time, I zone in on what I really want and not what everyone else?s thinks is cool and hot at the time. For instance, I?m going back and collecting many Star Ace Harry Potter figures that most would say suck and subpar, but I like them (even if I have to customize them).

I think this is true no matter what lines/franchises you collect. You start out small thinking you only want a certain few and then you have a good handful to a full display case and beyond. I?ve downsized and upsized back and forth so many times. I downsized last year and was out for awhile and now I?m back again. But I think each time, I zone in on what I really want and not what everyone else?s thinks is cool and hot at the time. For instance, I?m going back and collecting many Star Ace Harry Potter figures that most would say suck and subpar, but I like them (even if I have to customize them).

Yeah I share the same attitude of just following your own drummer. Like if any company ever made 1/6 figures for the Baldur’s Gate games (BG1 and BG2) I’d be all over it, lol.

In the same vein, I’ve always wanted to build a scale model Greek trireme or bireme warship. Like even if it takes years to complete working one it slowly an occasional hour at a time here or there. There’s even a little nook in my office/mancave where I could add a little table to take it on. Maybe one day!

I love this figure. The sculpt is great and personally I like the BvS suit the most. I don't have the figure, but I do wish he was still available at retail.

Hello guys!
After a LONG (like, year long) deciding which Sups to get, I decided to pull the trigger on the BvS Superman, since I like the S emblem way more. With that beign said, may I request any tips, or information on how to repaint this figure? I'm from south America so ask a painter a comission on this mission is our of the question for me lol (my figure wont even arribe until May, is coming from Australia lol).
I've seen repaints by Cola and Owen, but I do not know how to contact them, and most of the Instagram artist just wont share any info on him. What I would like to do is brighten the suit a bit and fix the emblem since that blue outline just bothers me.
Id like to achieve something like this, and I cant even find any social media of this artist, dont know how to reach him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Z2Ewh2qbU

Any leads on how to get the job done will be greatly appreciated, thank you!!!!

Back