1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys!
After a LONG (like, year long) deciding which Sups to get, I decided to pull the trigger on the BvS Superman, since I like the S emblem way more. With that beign said, may I request any tips, or information on how to repaint this figure? I'm from south America so ask a painter a comission on this mission is our of the question for me lol (my figure wont even arribe until May, is coming from Australia lol).
I've seen repaints by Cola and Owen, but I do not know how to contact them, and most of the Instagram artist just wont share any info on him. What I would like to do is brighten the suit a bit and fix the emblem since that blue outline just bothers me.
Id like to achieve something like this, and I cant even find any social media of this artist, dont know how to reach him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Z2Ewh2qbU

Any leads on how to get the job done will be greatly appreciated, thank you!!!!

That custom paint job for BvS Superman in the YT video looks awesome.

In your search for a custom artist have you tried One Sixth Republic on Facebook?

That custom paint job for BvS Superman in the YT video looks awesome.

In your search for a custom artist have you tried One Sixth Republic on Facebook?

Thanks for the respose, yeah I just joined a couple of days ago, gonna ask over there soon. I just need to know at least how to resolve the repaint og the emblem, and yeah the one form the video is amazing!

北京国安;10421469 said:
03e2f143c2a37a6d22639d162eb8b776.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I really like the face but that hairline looks a bit too receded to me on his right side

Looks like we?re getting a Superman movie, just not with Cavill, and not this iteration of Superman

Looks like we?re getting a Superman movie, just not with Cavill, and not this iteration of Superman

Despite mixed feelings of the Snyderverse, anything will top Josstice League. WB raped these guys. Give them a proper movie or series as well as Battinson and Val Zod. It'll be easy with WB's "mutliverse" format masking as damage control. If they even want to come back and deal with WB's incompetence. It's a long shot but Ben's return in Flashpoint gives me hope for series with Deathstroke.
20210228_134255.jpg

Despite mixed feelings of the Snyderverse, anything will top Josstice League. WB raped these guys. Give them a proper movie or series as well as Battinson and Val Zod. It'll be easy with WB's "mutliverse" format masking as damage control. If they even want to come back and deal with WB's incompetence. It's a long shot but Ben's return in Flashpoint gives me hope for series with Deathstroke.
View attachment 507505

Agreed. It?s very disappointing what they did to both of these actors. Cavill imo was the perfect Supes.

My Superman has a little bit of a loose knee. Its only on one side and its not completely loose, its okay for 90% of the knee movement,
but there is a little bit of room in the knee movement (when the knee is in neutral standing position) and its just enough to make him fall backwards
if i dont use any stand.
I can put him in a neutral pose and then if i touch him slightly with only one finger, one of the knees is wobbling a little bit.
Its probably only a room of 5 mm or something but thats enough to make him fall over in a neutral standing pose.
Is there anything i can do about that or is a stand the only solution?

My Superman has a little bit of a loose knee. Its only on one side and its not completely loose, its okay for 90% of the knee movement,
but there is a little bit of room in the knee movement (when the knee is in neutral standing position) and its just enough to make him fall backwards
if i dont use any stand.
I can put him in a neutral pose and then if i touch him slightly with only one finger, one of the knees is wobbling a little bit.
Its probably only a room of 5 mm or something but thats enough to make him fall over in a neutral standing pose.
Is there anything i can do about that or is a stand the only solution?

No idea how to fix the loose knee. There might be YT videos about it?

After avoiding stands for the first couple years (preferred that aesthetic) I gave in to using crotch grabber stands a couple years ago. These figures are just too valuable and vulnerable too pose unsupported. And I’ve had a couple falls which fortunately did not result in damage (except for one broken arrow with Asmus Legolas, which I repaired using superglue and placed in his quiver). I don’t really notice the stands now when I look at the collection. My brain focuses on the figures.

I can’t even find the post for the Hot Toys Man of Steel figure so I’ll just post this here. Pretty damn sweet overhaul to the original figure, right?

759AD76C-46AA-4358-9849-3800EC788D29.jpeg

C50ECD27-0661-4AC7-8A23-52D86767365E.jpeg

CF0150BB-BAA8-48A6-A098-99E311B01702.jpeg

B2FDF749-486B-47DF-B53D-BB16A3AD4350.jpeg

8F31AFD2-4026-4817-ABA6-BC4499615A38.jpeg

5FE5CE8A-D1E1-4067-BFF9-0262E6250D35.jpeg

A9F98B30-0AA3-46F6-BC3E-AFD17D18F84A.jpeg

Last edited:
Im starting to notice the yellowing of the neck area.
i suppose that a repaint of the inside of the suit would help or maybe just clean it with some product?
Anybody fixed it?
(not my pic)
isvdk2syx2051.jpeg

I don’t own the figure myself (I have just JL Superman) but I’ve read that this discoloration problem with BvS Superman is caused by glue that was used underneath. If that’s correct, only solution I can see would be to repaint the entire suit.

Back