Hot Toys Black Widow - Black Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spaghetti like plastic and the coloring of the hair looks atrocious, IMO. Does nothing for the sculpt, which also looks a bit rough to me.

CW is still the best Widow.

So, this should be the final BW with a skin tight suit. I think they consciously switch to a more realistic (less sexy) military style grab for Yelena…So don’t ever expect a midriff baring, comicbook accurate outfit for Yelena…LOL

The spaghetti like plastic and the coloring of the hair looks atrocious, IMO. Does nothing for the sculpt, which also looks a bit rough to me.

CW is still the best Widow.

CW is an outstanding figure with a slightly questionable likeness and at times hard-to-handle hair. I still think this one looks like the best one yet, but I'll reserve final judgement for the production run. No way that sculpt will look that hard when it hits retail.

I personally think CW has the best likeness.

My favorite hair and suit remain TWS version - the suit is far more durable and makes for safer posing and I love the straight hair, she's just a bit too skinny looking. CW Widow has a better shape, and I've never seen a CW Widow that had horrible hair out of the box. I think it looks great.

Even if the face sculpt softens, which I also think it will, that hair kills this figure.. It needs to be improved too. And the color looks terrible.

I'm so happy they're making this as it's my favourite widow suit they have ever given her. I do agree the paint job on the headsculpt is a little off though, Hair is far too bright and red, eyebrows are a totally different colour, and the lips are also way to bright red. If they changed those it would be fantastic.

I do really wish the Widows would come with some electric effects for the gauntlets like the AOU one did. These ones would be red too so would have looked so striking.

I'm so happy they're making this as it's my favourite widow suit they have ever given her. I do agree the paint job on the headsculpt is a little off though, Hair is far too bright and red, eyebrows are a totally different colour, and the lips are also way to bright red. If they changed those it would be fantastic.

I do really wish the Widows would come with some electric effects for the gauntlets like the AOU one did. These ones would be red too so would have looked so striking.
Stingers were red too :horror

Maybe they will fix up her hair later? A la Wandavision Scarlet Witch?

I am so glad that with this “final” ScarJo BW, HT finally decides to include more expressive hands at long last! Instead of just the usual - fist, holding weapons and open palms! Thank you!

Maybe they will fix up her hair later? A la Wandavision Scarlet Witch?

I am so glad that with this “final” ScarJo BW, HT finally decides to include more expressive hands at long last! Instead of just the usual - fist, holding weapons and open palms! Thank you!
They had to make her swan song iconic with the right pose hands

Last edited:
Stingers were red too :horror

Yeah I said that, it would have been so damn awesome to have had some cool electric red stinger effects! Would stop the usual complaints that the Widow figures never come with many accessories too. It was one of the best parts of the AOU Widow figure, I wonder why they never did them again.

I know I should just roll with it, but how exactly does she control/shoot those stingers? I wasn't aware that her suit also came with an AI courtesy of Tony Stark. :lol
Maybe she has a pressure sensor/button within the suit on the palm of her hands, kind of like MCU spidey's first suit.

Maybe she has a pressure sensor/button within the suit on the palm of her hands, kind of like MCU spidey's first suit.

I was thinking that too, but if she's doing anything in that scene above maybe she's squeezing her fists a bit tighter. How she doesn't accidentally shoot stingers when she's punching someone is beyond me. :lol Note to self: No handjobs from BW unless she takes off her gloves. :chase

Yeah I said that, it would have been so damn awesome to have had some cool electric red stinger effects! Would stop the usual complaints that the Widow figures never come with many accessories too. It was one of the best parts of the AOU Widow figure, I wonder why they never did them again.
But this still puzzles me..red?

every film they were blue

that’s why I’m wondering if it was indeed ..Melina’s outfit Nat was wearing

But this still puzzles me..red?

every film they were blue

that’s why I’m wondering if it was indeed ..Melina’s outfit Nat was wearing
I actually always wished they had been red, as it's much closer to the comics and overall fits her colour scheme and look much better in my opinion. I was hoping they had an explanation as to why they were now red though, as it could have tied into the *other red stuff* (spoilers!) that is a big part of the film. Either way I am happy, as I always wanted them to be red even if there isn't really a reason why.

I actually always wished they had been red, as it's much closer to the comics and overall fits her colour scheme and look much better in my opinion. I was hoping they had an explanation as to why they were now red though, as it could have tied into the *other red stuff* (spoilers!) that is a big part of the film. Either way I am happy, as I always wanted them to be red even if there isn't really a reason why.
I’m thinking Scar being a exec producer and being her last swan song probably suggested to make the movie more like the comic character

I’m thinking Scar being a exec producer and being her last swan song probably suggested to make the movie more like the comic character
Agreed, and I think in the film you can tell. Big black widow fan here, so I have read all her solo comics from over the years and they did add a lot of small aspects from her comic-book character that hadn't really been a part of the films until this point. Made me very happy!!

Back