1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That display base is so glossy and ripe for scuffing :LOL: i wonder if the embossed logo/topper really is metal like Guy mentioned in the unboxings? And I’m guessing the lights don’t work on this as well and are just forever part of the mold.

It's ****Ing ridiculous they can put this much effort into something new but we get that begins batman for the 4th time with no cowl update for the same price.
It has us all scratching our head. I mean they were able to do both moving eyes AND a swap out eye plate for the sonar head on this but can’t be bothered for either on a new Begins cowl

I'm guessing this and Robin were probably developed years ago and put on the shelf. It was probably originally designed to come with PERS. With Doc, that figure was probably mocked up around the same time as BTTF 2 Doc. With BB, they were eBay watching - remember the previous version use to go for a pretty penny - and figured people were satisfied with that and decided to get in on the cut. All of these figures are lazy it's just this one turned out best.

I'm guessing this and Robin were probably developed years ago and put on the shelf. It was probably originally designed to come with PERS. With Doc, that figure was probably mocked up around the same time as BTTF 2 Doc. With BB, they were eBay watching - remember the previous version use to go for a pretty penny - and figured people were satisfied with that and decided to get in on the cut. All of these figures are lazy it's just this one turned out best.
They probably thought the reissue of the Batmobile would create people who wanted this too, but IMO it should have been cheaper given the reuse. If it was close to $200 primarily as an accessory to the Batmobile it would be more forgivable. At full figure price it's an embarrassment and its clear why there's no blogger photos.

The Batman Forever is more or less a DX release by today's standards.

This Batman doesn’t look too lazy to me. Robin yea as he doesn’t come with anything but hands. They even gave him a hand to just hold his cape :lol but no weapons regardless of if he did or didn’t use any bat-gadgets in the film (which I don’t think he used in Forever).They had had full on arsenals in the Schumacher films that including some for Robin wouldn’t of been a negative thing to do

This Batman doesn’t look too lazy to me. Robin yea as he doesn’t come with anything but hands. They even gave him a hand to just hold his cape :lol but no weapons regardless of if he did or didn’t use any bat-gadgets in the film (which I don’t think he used in Forever).They had had full on arsenals in the Schumacher films that including some for Robin wouldn’t of been a negative thing to do
Lazy in the sense that all of the figures mentioned are old in various states of completion with this one being the best/most complete. Still they could have done more like a couple more faceplates but they never got around to it before putting it on the shelf. Then they took it off the shelf, gave it a newer body, added the rolling eyes update, gave it a better paintjob on the suit. Robin is a early draft. With BB, they gave it a newer body, a new paintjob on the suit and a new HS. With Doc, they just straight up gave us the mock complete with cardboard case:lol

Sadly, despite my nostalgic need for this 1995 "gem", without Riddler and Two-Face I just have no need for this shiny Bats and his red-breasted ward.

Fortunately, I feel 3rd party versions of the nasty twosome coming very soon... very soon indeed...
So you didn’t jump on the PO for Crazy Attorney by toyztrubostudio?
C82B9DEA-D52F-4CD9-A391-97EAEE662B78.jpeg

Riddler will be next!
F27CF071-C560-4F43-8935-F7E04EEF1EB8.jpeg

Anyone ordered from kghobby?
I PO’d with them and won’t expect to be seeing Batman or Robin till early Q2 23. That’s just how things are with KG and Hot Toys.

Yep, I do have that filed. More than a year ago, totally forgot. If the end product looks as good, I'd happily snatch that up.

I wonder who Toy Turbo is, and where is their Riddler?

Back