Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Robin Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure just doesn't look quite right. The colours make it look like Robin but when you compare to screengrabs it sure looks off. One would definitely hope it's just a prototype. It needs work.

- edit - despite previous posts don't think I had actually commented on the figure itself.

The amount of butt hurt over this figure for simply existing is hilarious and far more entertaining than Batman Forever actually is.

Haha. Quite agreee. There's a lot of figures I don't give a crap about, I have no need nor time to go and express my dislike constantly. I think this figure is so ugly it is funny (not the sculpt, the design). I would buy it in a heartbeat. I am so glad that Hot Toys are doing something else. I never thought I wanted a Batman Forever Robin. But now I do. Hope Kilmer is on his way and the likeness is good.

What I enjoy about Batman Forever is it was a spectacle to me as an 11 year old kid. It was directed to me as an 11 year old and had cooler suits and was "larger than life." I love Batman Returns and always have considered Keaton as "my Batman" but 8 year old me thought it was neat to see Batman in 1992 but 11 year old me loved seeing all the gadgets and larger-than-life spectacle that was Batman Forever compared to Returns.

I wasn't responding to the fact that 11 year old you or 8 year old you enjoyed one or either movie. I wouldn't expect anyone to have a very critical eye when they were a kid. The fact that you enjoyed them as a kid is not at all surprising.

I was responding to your statement that the Burton movies do not hold up today. Looking at these movies with the critical eye of an adult, the Burton movies are light years ahead of the Schumacher films (including Forever) and most certainly do hold up.

The fact that you enjoyed Forever more as a kid than Returns is also unsurprising - Returns is most definitely not directed at kids, and Forever is.

Agreed. People have blind love to 1989 and while it created the foundation for Bat films it doesn't really hold up nowadays.

Tbh I grew up with returns and forever and Batman and Robin so I have nostalgia for those movies. B and r was awful but I watched it all the time cause I was a kid and it was colorful and it had Batman in it and I didn’t know any better

I wasn't responding to the fact that 11 year old you or 8 year old you enjoyed one or either movie. I wouldn't expect anyone to have a very critical eye when they were a kid. The fact that you enjoyed them as a kid is not at all surprising.

I was responding to your statement that the Burton movies do not hold up today. Looking at these movies with the critical eye of an adult, the Burton movies are light years ahead of the Schumacher films (including Forever) and most certainly do hold up.

The fact that you enjoyed Forever more as a kid than Returns is also unsurprising - Returns is most definitely not directed at kids, and Forever is.

Batman and Robin is awful, forever is better but still not good. Burton's films nailed the visuals and style, that is my gotham on screen. I'm not blinded by nostalgia though and I don't think think they hold up either in 2019.

If you want a good / great batman film then look at begins and dark Knight. They will hold up forever, but that doesn't mean I prefer them as a definitive look. I thought that was going to be batfleck but we didn't get his standalone film sadly

Batman and Robin is awful, forever is better but still not good. Burton's films nailed the visuals and style, that is my gotham on screen. I'm not blinded by nostalgia though and I don't think think they hold up either in 2019.

If you want a good / great batman film then look at begins and dark Knight. They will hold up forever, but that doesn't mean I prefer them as a definitive look. I thought that was going to be batfleck but we didn't get his standalone film sadly
Bingo.

I'm not discrediting the Burton films but they're typically looked at through a biased lens.

They were the "first" attempts and while I do love them I think people are, as you said, blinded by nostalgia.

89 and Returns do not hold up but especially 89. I watched it a bit ago and while I got the warm and fuzzies I thought to myself "damn, this would be considered horrible today." For the time it was good but so was Forever. It was a different take on it and I do absolutely agree with most the criticisms that people have but to say 89 and Returns hold up is just foolish.

Hell I think a Returns holds up way better than 89.

Last edited:
What do you even mean "doesn't hold up"? I see this term used a lot but it's just another overused cliche thrown around.

Batman 89 was a great film when it was made, it's still a great film today. Forever was and still is very average.

This suit could have been incredible !

heres-what-michael-keatons-batman-3-costume-looked-like

I think they should've done a Kilmer Bats instead of just this random Robin (or at least in addition to, Bats would sell)

The big question is if/when they do one which one of Kilmers suits will it be and which would you prefer?

It would make sense to be the suit from later in the film, but like the old Mega Drive (Genesis to my American friends) BF game I would rather they make the Panther suit with the yellow emblem.

As for the other ongoing conversation, nostalgia for me makes Forever a guilty pleasure but Returns is my favourite of the original 4 for a lot of reasons.

I got the quad pack of films for Christmas a few years back and I a watch through I happily watched the first 3 and then gave up on B&R by the time Freeze shows up and instead watched Batman Begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An O'Donnell robin without a batman? A Hot toys DC figure announcement?

Cyborg. 1966 batmobile. Caesar Romero Joker. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

I'd say this has a much greater chance of happening than Cyborg right now.

An O'Donnell robin without a batman? A Hot toys DC figure announcement?

Cyborg. 1966 batmobile. Caesar Romero Joker. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

That's it basically. Hot Toys has earned the major skepticism it receives at every non-Marvel reveal.

Back