Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm gonna have to knock my search on the head for a HT Scarecrow, just so expensive on eBay, I was hoping OneSixthBruce would get them in but I've not heard anything about that in ages. Oh well. I still don't understand why HT made such an iconic character an exclusive. The only people who seem to have benefited from this is the eBay traders

Geil and emceerice do you know whether or not Toys2 charges you right away for pre-orders or do they charge you when they are ready to ship?? I want to pre-order right now but I dont have the money in my account until Friday.

Sorry I pay hard cash when I get the goods :p

Does Toys2 usually sell their figures above MSRP like that?

TH prices are usually $40-50 cheaper than Toys2 prices and considering the shipping cost as he airships it's within reason. Though I do hate that US Freaks have access to some crazy deals on figures that come through SSC that cost less to begin with as it's shipped by sea I assume :( I don't even mind the wait but GoHastings don't sell to us up here, besides shipping to Canada brings the price right back to T2 level so I gave up after a few attempts :(

Their supplier is probably Hot Toys, which would mean they should be able to sell at or below MSRP and still make a good profit (since the manufacturer usually sells to retailers at far below MSRP - hence the definition of MSRP).

These being exclusives could mean that they are not getting typical wholesale prices though but not like we would ever find out :( From what I can tell Eric is getting these direct from HT though.

Been doing it for a long time. Its kinda the norm for me for 2 figures in one order from Toys2. I actually wasn't all that shocked.

yeah and shipping out of Canada much like anything you pay for here in the freaking cold is more than in the US :( sorry I have to repeat myself but invade us already !!!!!

TH prices are usually $40-50 cheaper than Toys2 prices

The difference between $260 and $380 is far more than $40-50.

and considering the shipping cost as he airships it's within reason.

Why air ship it? It's not like he's getting these on the release date, so there's no rush.

From what I can tell Eric is getting these direct from HT though.

I would assume as much, unless we specifically hear otherwise.

sorry I have to repeat myself but invade us already !!!!!

You're far too polite for us. Besides, not sure you'd like our backwards, insane health care (non)-system.

The difference between $260 and $380 is far more than $40-50.

Why air ship it? It's not like he's getting these on the release date, so there's no rush.

I would assume as much, unless we specifically hear otherwise.

You're far too polite for us. Besides, not sure you'd like our backwards, insane health care (non)-system.

That's why I am saying that exclusives HT/TH is cutting out any middleman where possible to make more money directly from the customer and whoever wants to sell these may have to pay retail just like any other poor SOB..
As for shipping by sea you can only really take that option if you ship skidloads. Smaller packages don;t benefit from that option and besides one of the reason Toys2 is getting a decent chunk of business is that slight edge over the SSC as common none of us Freaks are really that patient...
Polite? More like whipped or just too cold to argue as we need to burn all of our energy for warmth. :lol besides I do think our taxes are quite high on top of it all :( So my sincerest request to get invaded still stands :monkey3

AmiAmi says 33000 yen

which is $397

$400 give or take is what this set's gonna cost you right now.

But it will come down in price once all the gotta-have-it-now types are satiated.

I'm hoping I'll be able to just pick up a head for the scarecrow off of ebay eventually. I'm sure that will cost double also.

I still want the demon batman.

There are few things on this board more boring than people who can't resist announcing how they're glad they have zero interest' in a figure because they can save their pennies.

But damn, am I glad I have no interest in these figures! All the trouble people have to go through with determining what they should reasonably pay and when simply because HT has restricted availability.

20th Century Friend I can understand... but these two ought to have been a general release. Good luck to everyone hunting for one or both of these guys.

Back