Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, in fairness, we don't know how much Toys2 is having to pay their supplier. But chances are that they are not making profits hand over fist with this like some of the HK sellers did.

Their price isn't actually too bad to me (if you consider retail price for a commonly available HT figure nowadays), but it is a bit high. And when I factor in shipping to the U.S., it becomes quite a bit higher than I would like to pay.

Well, in fairness, we don't know how much Toys2 is having to pay their supplier.

Their supplier is probably Hot Toys, which would mean they should be able to sell at or below MSRP and still make a good profit (since the manufacturer usually sells to retailers at far below MSRP - hence the definition of MSRP).

But chances are that they are not making profits hand over fist with this like some of the HK sellers did.

True, but they probably didn't go to the Toys Hunters store and pay full MSRP for them like the HK sellers did.

Their price isn't actually too bad to me (if you consider retail price for a commonly available HT figure nowadays), but it is a bit high.

It's not as high as Ebay sellers, but it's still bad, when you consider how far above MSRP it is. When brand new HT figures come out, they usually go for MSRP or less.

And when I factor in shipping to the U.S., it becomes quite a bit higher than I would like to pay.

Yes, but to be clear, I was just talking about the base price - I wouldn't hold it against them for charging extra for shipping to the US.

Ordered a set from Toys2. $220 per figure shipped is cheaper than the prices on eBay and about $50 cheaper than it would cost to buy them from that retailer in Japan. Plus, I get to stop looking for them and don't have to worry about any potential eBay shenanigans.

Their supplier is probably Hot Toys, which would mean they should be able to sell at or below MSRP and still make a good profit (since the manufacturer usually sells to retailers at far below MSRP - hence the definition of MSRP).
I'm pretty sure that Hot Toys itself is not supplying Toys2, since they said they are not selling any of these in "the West." Their supplier is probably an intermediary that has to take a cut, meaning that Toys2 pricing may actually actually approach the "MSRP" (that actually isn't a reasonable suggestion anyone really follows based on historical evidence) listed on HT's site without them being able to make a huge profit themselves.

From the evidence we have seen here, no one buying these directly from Toy Hunters is paying the "MSRP" listed on HT's site, either.

I can't justify $420 shipped for this set so I'm not going to buy it from toys2. If it were below $400 in the $390ish range, I'd do it but $420 is way too much.

Other than those 2 $300 BINs on ebay (which were also too good to be true), I haven't seen a good deal on these yet. I have atleast a dozen on watch and all these ____ers bid them up to unreasonable amounts.

I'm just going to let it go. I'd love to have Scarecrow but not for $210. I've bought much better figures than this Scarecrow and Demon Batman (T-1000, both T-800, DX Joker, DX Batman etc.) for less than $200.

Toys2 pricing may actually actually approach the "MSRP" (that actually isn't a reasonable suggestion anyone really follows based on historical evidence)

MSRP is usually a high estimate, so if there was just the Hot Toys supplier (no intermediary) and the retailer, we'd expect something on the lower side. It reflects the cost of getting it from the supplier (not necessarily the cost of production).

From the evidence we have seen here, no one buying these directly from Toy Hunters is paying the "MSRP" listed on HT's site, either.

What makes you say that?

Ordered a set from Toys2. $220 per figure shipped is cheaper than the prices on eBay and about $50 cheaper than it would cost to buy them from that retailer in Japan. Plus, I get to stop looking for them and don't have to worry about any potential eBay shenanigans.

Bill were you charged right away??

There's a pending charge on my account, but Toys2 won't process it until they ship and the pending charge should disappear in a couple of days.

Hot Toys doesn't like westerners, especially the americfag (Hot Toys' own words) types. It's obvious to me now.

How come? :huh

I'd rather spend that money on other stuff.

Batman is my favorite character in the entire history of world fiction, but I have remarkably little interest in owning anything more than comics. One Hot Toys figure is worth nearly 20 trade paperbacks.

If I'm going to buy toys and statues, I much prefer that they be Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, G.I.Joe or beautiful women.

Don't know who it was, but someone showed how much folks were actually paying in Hong Kong for these, and it was extremely low. Like, less than we pay for new Hot Toys releases in the rest of the world.

Ah, I thought you were implying the other way around.

Hot Toys doesn't like westerners, especially the americfag (Hot Toys' own words) types. It's obvious to me now.

When did they call us that?

Back