Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
___k ye anyway Toys2! Now I'm forced to decide whether I really want this or not. I don't happen to be in a Nolan Batman mood at the moment so that has me thinking 'no'....but one day when I am in a Nolan Batman mood again I could regret not getting it and missing something from my HT BB/TDK collection. I've bought everything so far.....

Yeah!! its here!!!! :hi5: pics with my poor camera :rotfl

IMAG0859.jpg

IMAG0860.jpg

IMAG0861.jpg

IMAG0862.jpg

IMAG0863.jpg

Don't know who it was, but someone showed how much folks were actually paying in Hong Kong for these, and it was extremely low. Like, less than we pay for new Hot Toys releases in the rest of the world.

Not sure about that. I had my friend check at Toy Hunters and he said the retail price was about $260 US. So that is about right, I think, for these 2 figs. They are only worth about $130 each. But factor in the "exclusive" factor, import fees (seems like these will be flown in rather than shipped in if he gets em early next month), and demand and the cost drives up considerably.

Toys2 (Eric) is probably either buying em at retail cost or like someone mentioned, having to purchase from a go between. Seems odd though as he is their North American Official Distributer. Seems like he would have got the VIP status.

I know. But from what I hear, no COA in the HK sets. Not that it matters.

What's a COA :huh

Last edited:
Here's the post I was referencing:

Post this on the MJ beat it thread:

Hot Toys official Toy Hunter Pre Order for local HK and VIP customers. Heres the screen shot:

Picture1.png

crappy connection, but the price on the bats/crow is $1980HKD.

$1980 HKD = $248 USD

You figure that's $124 per figure, then that's lower than almost anything we get here in the states from Hot Toys.

Not sure about that. I had my friend check at Toy Hunters and he said the retail price was about $260 US. So that is about right, I think, for these 2 figs. They are only worth about $130 each. But factor in the "exclusive" factor, import fees (seems like these will be flown in rather than shipped in if he gets em early next month), and demand and the cost drives up considerably.

Toys2 (Eric) is probably either buying em at retail cost or like someone mentioned, having to purchase from a go between. Seems odd though as he is their North American Official Distributer. Seems like he would have got the VIP status.

Well, I would not expect a retailer to adjust their price based on the "exclusive" factor or the demand for the figure. But if he's getting them from a go-between (who got them at retail cost), that's a different story.

What's a COA :huh

Certificate of Authenticity. Because, you know, when looking at your brand new Scarecrow figure, the first thing you'll be wondering is if it's a bootleg knock-off production, right?

Here's the post I was referencing:

$1980 HKD = $248 USD

You figure that's $124 per figure, then that's lower than almost anything we get here in the states from Hot Toys.

Keep in mind though that that price doesn't include import fees that we would pay.

I think the figures are priced where they should be around $130~$140 bucks per.

The hype and chance of not getting it is what's pushing up the price. Remember that gun metal Mark III? :slap

Well, I would not expect a retailer to adjust their price based on the "exclusive" factor or the demand for the figure. But if he's getting them from a go-between (who got them at retail cost), that's a different story.

Certificate of Authenticity. Because, you know, when looking at your brand new Scarecrow figure, the first thing you'll be wondering is if it's a bootleg knock-off production, right?

Well, I think I've read in other threads that Eric usually charges more for asian exclusives. Right, wrong or indifferent...I think he's done it before.

Ohh, ohhhh....I want a knock off! :lol

Though. . .folks in the U.S. don't really have to pay import fees (though we may be taxed for Eric's Canadian import fees. . .) :monkey3

I'm not saying that any of us should expect to pay what VIP members are paying in Hong Kong or whatever, I'm just trying to demonstrate why I think the nearly $400 asking price for this set we are seeing is a bit high to me. I understand market forces, as well, and though (to beat a dead horse) I think 4,000 means the prices are going to go down more before they go up, I know we're gonna have to pay a premium of some kind to get these here in the West.

$350 shipped would seem quite fair to me, which was what I was hoping for with that "too good to be true" eBay auction yesterday.

___k ye anyway Toys2! Now I'm forced to decide whether I really want this or not. I don't happen to be in a Nolan Batman mood at the moment so that has me thinking 'no'....but one day when I am in a Nolan Batman mood again I could regret not getting it and missing something from my HT BB/TDK collection. I've bought everything so far.....

Yep, I'm in the same boat.

I'm just going to say ____ it until I see a better price. If I don't, no big deal. I'd love to have Scarecrow represented as a 1/6 figure in my collection but he isn't a main priority.

If Hot Toys was smart, they'd make a regular release available to everyone. They'd surely profit.

I understand exclusives and I'm not that upset, but why make a desirable and essential character like Scarecrow a limited convention exclusive only available in one part of the world?

That's a low move. Demon Batman I could see, a repainted figure, I could see. But a brand new figure?

Whatever. I have 2 versions of Batman, 3 versions of Joker, Two-Face, Harvey Dent and plenty of duplicates. I'll get over it.

Just don't make '89 Batman and '89 Nicholson Joker convention exclusives, limited to Asia, or I'll terrorize your company Hot Toys.

Though. . .folks in the U.S. don't really have to pay import fees (though we may be taxed for Eric's Canadian import fees. . .) :monkey3

I'm not saying that any of us should expect to pay what VIP members are paying in Hong Kong or whatever, I'm just trying to demonstrate why I think the nearly $400 asking price for this set we are seeing is a bit high to me. I understand market forces, as well, and though (to beat a dead horse) I think 4,000 means the prices are going to go down more before they go up, I know we're gonna have to pay a premium of some kind to get these here in the West.

$350 shipped would seem quite fair to me, which was what I was hoping for with that "too good to be true" eBay auction yesterday.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I don't expect to pay the same as HK natives, but there's a lot of room between $260 and the $420 Toys2 price.

I'd like to see it go down to low 300s, but I might be willing to pay as high as $350 shipped.

I've broken down and ordered the set from Toys2. If Hot Toys comes out with a second Scarecrow I may kick myself but at least right now I have a Demon Batman. Also if the price drops below $350 THEN i'll be kicking myself hard in the nuts.

I've broken down and ordered the set from Toys2.

...........sigh...:lecture Ordered.

I suspect I would one day, after having a Nolanverse Batman marathon, regret not completing the HT collection

TDK Original suit Batman
TDK 'new' suit Batman
The Joker
Bank Robber Joker
Two Face/Harvey Dent
DX Joker/cop joker
DX Batman
Batpod
The Tumbler
>Demon Batman & The Scarecrow<

:lol You don't have the Predators "Poyce" figure by any chance do you? :lol

I've decided I'm gonna pass on these two. They just aren't worth the asking price.

The Demon is cool, but not exceptional and the Scarecrow doesn't look great in the in-hand pictures that are surfacing.

This whole situation leaves a sour taste in my mouth, loyal fans that have bought this entire line so far shouldn't have to pay these prices, especially for such an iconic character in Scarecrow.

Back