Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding price, again, price was listed much higher on the announcements for the SDCC figures than was ultimately the case, and apparently this is Hot Toys' MO. So, I would not expect these to initially cost as much as it says on the announcement.

I'm actually hoping for this scenario. If that happened before, then it could happen again. I'm not familiar with how prices of SDCC exclusive figures go.

It's ok. Maybe now we see a decent CM headsculpt show itself here amongst those that can craft one. At long last, motivation!
Not getting the set. Might try for a parted out straitjacket for my custom though.

The straight jacket, I mean Madhouse uniform, looks terrific!

They will probably put out a Cillian Murphy head with their next truetype body.

It's so fustrating as they have bought out so much great stuff recently, and when they get to the one figure i've always wanted more than anything they leave out a cillian HS and this is the sort of character where 2 HS's is a necessary, probably more than most of the one's that do come with 2 HS's.

Well which would you rather have jim, no Scarecrow figure at all or a Scarecrow figure that doesn't come with a Crane head?

Cillian headsculpt is pretty unnecessary IMO. Not many people would pose him that way unless he was being strangled by Bat-Demon. And if HT gave him that expression, as Buttmunch said in the other thread, people would be pissed that they couldn't do kit-bashes with his head. It would be a nice thing to have, but most fans of the film aren't gonna be swayed much by the lack of unmasked Scarecrow head IMO.

Plus, yeah, I wouldn't be shocked to see a True Type released with that head down the line.

It's really a bummer that there's no Cillian Murphy head sculpt. That's probably the biggest strike against this set. But, that said, it's certainly not a deal-breaker for me. I'm glad these figures are coming. Hopefully I'll be able to find them.

Unlike a lot of you guys, I'm actually pretty psyched about the Demon Batman figure. It's obscure, of course, but it's actually one of the figures I'd always wished they'd make. When Hot Toys moved on to all the Dark Knight stuff, I never thought they'd turn back to Begins. So color me very happy!

My only real complaint with that one is that his design is so pedestrian from the chest down. I realize we only ever see his head in the movie (and, of course I know this is a quick cash-in by Hot Toys so I should expect some recycling), but I always thought it would be cool to see what the rest of that character design might look like. Tallons for feet? Bat wings?

Or maybe this is the design Warner Bros. and Nolan came up with. Anyhow, I wish it went a little further with the craziness, but it's still pretty cool in my book. :clap

It's so fustrating as they have bought out so much great stuff recently, and when they get to the one figure i've always wanted more than anything they leave out a cillian HS and this is the sort of character where 2 HS's is a necessary, probably more than most of the one's that do come with 2 HS's.

They took the easy way out there alright didn't they. a good CM headsculpt would have made this a more essential purchase. You can't fully recreate the demon Batman scene without it.

I'd rather have a Ducard/Wayne League of Shadows 2-pack.

Just a repost of my Seb scarecrow - Fabric mask and Seb weathering FTW.

And here we have my Elvis1976 Scarecrow (note the clothes require a lot of futzing still, along with Tie and belt which I need to find) with the full TDK rogues gallery.

The Joker had custom hair added by Lforigno, and the Two Face as shown above is also a Elvis1976 custom.

Sorry for crappy pics - used the kitchen as it had better lighting, and my camera is really bad!

vich83.jpg

2d4bp2.jpg

14cy3jl.jpg

hx6qgl.jpg

apk3nk.jpg

2psf81d.jpg

rm5fu1.jpg

v2vkh5.jpg

ehhmcj.jpg

Honestly, most alternate heads that Hot Toys includes are abandoned by me.

To date these are the extra heads I've actually used,

- Bank Robber head
- Harvey Dent head
- Donut Hole T-1000 head

as opposed to the ones I haven't,

- Sonar Eyes Batman head
- Healing Split Head T-1000 head
- Bruce Wayne OC head
- Bruce Wayne TDK head

If this Scarecrow had the Crane headsculpt, I doubt I'd use it. I'd either put it at it's feet on the display stand or it would be left in the box or drawers.

Scarecrow the character with the mask is much more important to me than the portrait of Cillian Murphy, the actor.

Now if it's a bonus like the upcoming 1984 T-800 or the wishlist options we conjure up (mostly battle damaged heads) then yeah, I use those. But I'll almost ALWAYS use just the regular versions of the head unless I find it really unique and cool (Donut Head, Joker with his Bozo mask, Terminator with his wounded eye etc.).

I'm just glad we're getting Scarecrow. The only other things I would have liked is the gas pump, alternate pair of dress shoes, his sweater vest (so it's actually unique compared to the other suited figures I own) and maybe a brief case.

EDIT:

Really? I don't think this,

2psf81d.jpg

is better than this,

BatmanBegins_BatmanDemonScarecrowCollectibleFigureSet_PR16.jpg

36070_446341037343_58690437343_5750498_2363928_n.jpg

Agreed. Though understandably, your milage varies from person to person. Hardcore Scarecrow fans would probably buy 3 Scarecrows if the alternate head was included--1 masked with suit, 1 masked with "madhouse" garb, 1 unmasked with suit. That's how crazy I plan to be with the T1 Terminators, for instance. I'll very likely have 4-5 versions of the character on display, even though only 2 figures are likely to be released.

Yeah, that's what I did with the T-1000 and what I plan to do with the T-800.

I did it with the DX Batman and DX Joker as well. But for Scarecrow I just can't fathom it. Especially when all you have to do is take off the straight jacket and BOOM, "regular" Scarecrow.

Really, I'm just happy we got an official Scarecrow at all. I really never thought Hot Toys would make one.

Agreed. Though understandably, your milage varies from person to person. Hardcore Scarecrow fans would probably buy 3 Scarecrows if the alternate head was included--1 masked with suit, 1 masked with "madhouse" garb, 1 unmasked with suit. That's how crazy I plan to be with the T1 Terminators, for instance. I'll very likely have 4-5 versions of the character on display, even though only 2 figures are likely to be released.

Daaaam, want to share the wealth with those less fortunate.:wink1:

Back