Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Marty McFly MMS616

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My assumption is they wanted to use scene specific sculpts, mainly that “shocked” gasping expression Doc uses during the Twin Pines Mall scene. For Pt3, they are not going that route, so they had no choice but to do a new sculpt. The Marty is def the same as the new 2.0 with a new hair style. In regards to the stands, I have no idea lol.
They kept the old stand so anyone who had say the old Marty 1.0 could still buy Doc 2,0 now and the stands would still match.

If only Hot Toys had announced back in 2016 that in 5 years they would make Back to the Future III figures! Unbelievable! Total lack of communication!
Sarcasm detected.

I didn't say I was expecting specific announcements for 5 years out in the future.

The point I was making is, Hot Toys are not like NECA who communicate with the fans on an ongoing basis. With NECA you have a fair idea right at the outset of a line of what their intentions are. Their line only started in 2020, they've got a range of figures from Pt 1 and 2 with plans for 3 if it remains successful. And if it doesn't look like that's going to happen afterall you will find out about it from the horse's mouth. With Hot Toys this return to BTTF was very much out of the blue. No one would have predicted the new Pt1 figures let alone the Pt 3 ones based on Hot Toys' reputation for ditching lines and licenses without a word.

People routinely skip figures from Hot Toys when they have no faith that logical follow-on figures will actually get made. Look at The Matrix ''line''. One figure, with such obvious companion characters that **** knows will ever happen.

Last edited:
People routinely skip figures from Hot Toys when they have no faith that logical follow-on figures will actually get made. Look at The Matrix ''line''.

People routinely don’t skip figures from Hot Toys when they have no faith that other figures will be made. It cuts both ways. What an individual chooses to buy or skip is on THEM not the company. Neo is cool alone. So is Marty.

And the company shouldn't want to maximize how many people buy their figures? Because oftentimes in the past it really has seemed like Hot Toys doesn't.

Look, in any case, my earlier post wasn't intended to be the beginning of a rant. Like everyone else I think these are a terrific reveal.

And the company shouldn't want to maximize how many people buy their figures? Because oftentimes in the past it really has seemed like Hot Toys doesn't.

Look, in any case, my earlier post wasn't intended to be the beginning of a rant. Like everyone else I think these are a terrific reveal.

HT will release a new Kyle Reese figure, from Salvation, just to torment you. :lol

Agreed. I can see that, Hot Toys has made some interesting choices over the years to be sure. For whatever reasons, those choices can make more sense internally to the company than the consumers and while it would be nice to hear explanations for a company’s business decisions it’s usually rare. They’ve made it this far without my input.

With 3 and a half new figures, I’m going to guess they release another Delorean. Cost? $880!

Last edited:
Not trying to knock anyone in particular, but I always have found it kinda funny when people whine about certain franchises not getting releases. The Back to the Future Trilogy (at the time at least) and Batman Returns being examples I can think of off the bat. Then Hot Toys makes them, but because they’re not making a full lineup or whatever it’s not worth buying.

If you’re a fan of the film it’s worth supporting whatever releases as long as the quality is decent in my opinion. Skipping out only to have regrets later on is a personal problem.

Also Hot Toys has been rectifying that somewhat with re-releases, but then that gets people upset too.

I just don't see MJF in that sculpt at all. And I find it odd that they cast him as some sort of action hero in those images.

These BTTF figures would really benefit from including two different expressions, but that's just preaching to the choir.

And that’s just the estimate. Who knows when these will actually be out. Things seem so backed up all the time. Especially lately.

Back