Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Marty McFly MMS616

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you take the hat off 🤔

Unlikely from the description.

The hat and hair are combined and non-detachable.

- Highly-detailed brown short hair sculpture with cowboy hat (non-detachable)

They're likely to be separate sculpts glued together, so you could force them apart to do some modifications.

I think that is the pt 1 Marty 2.0. It just looks different with hair and hat.

If not that’s pretty close.

Last edited:
This looks fantastic and I'm shocked. I also wish the hats came off for other display options, but I'll take what I can get. The outfits look sooooo good.

I also am regretting passing on BttF2 figures, but I didn't have the first Marty and thought it'd be weird to just have those on display. Now that there's a pair per movie, I may pay out the ass for those figures sometime lol.

This is the problem with Hot Toys and their total lack of transparency and communication - you pass on stuff because you never know if it'll be followed up on with companion figures/other versions etc.

I hope they don't release just a part 3 Delorean. A deluxe that comes with switch out part 2 and 3 pieces would be perfect. 90% of the time I'd just want the part 1 mall set up with radiation suit Doc.

Definitely getting these figures, the tailoring on the outfits looks perfect.

I do hope they get round to making Biff. Need the main villain for any sense of completion. 50s and 1885 Biff ideally.

Would be wonderful if HT also revisit the Terminator license.

...I am in awe.

Hot Toys..... you sons of bitches.... you surprised me.

These are freaking fantastic.

Take my money please.

Attachments

• 241759416_397541511767167_999360910525270077_n.gif
    241759416_397541511767167_999360910525270077_n.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 116556251_586168032070828_7203516491866852744_n.gif
    116556251_586168032070828_7203516491866852744_n.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    462.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:
This is the problem with Hot Toys and their total lack of transparency and communication - you pass on stuff because you never know if it'll be followed up on with companion figures/other versions etc.

Why I almost never pass on a figure of something I really like just because a line may be incomplete. Take Star Wars for example. A complete 1/6 lineup is impossible but partial completion is better than nothing at all.

For Doc I could only see myself having him in the duster. The check coat and bow tie would be kitbash potential for a foppish character.

With Marty I like both looks - coat and poncho. But I'm imagining the poncho over the coat, flipped over one shoulder.

I'm the opposite. I don't really see much point in displaying Marty without the badass poncho on, but Doc looks equally as cool in both the duster and in his old timey professor outfit.

I hope they don't release just a part 3 Delorean. A deluxe that comes with switch out part 2 and 3 pieces would be perfect. 90% of the time I'd just want the part 1 mall set up with radiation suit Doc.

Definitely getting these figures, the tailoring on the outfits looks perfect.

I do hope they get round to making Biff. Need the main villain for any sense of completion. 50s and 1885 Biff ideally.

Would be wonderful if HT also revisit the Terminator license.

I can't see them releasing just a Part 3 version given it's not a huge favorite. If they release anything, it'll be either the Part 1 or 2, or one with switch-outs to create all 3.

Last edited:
I had no hopes for these, but here we are! :)
The only major downside to these two is that the hats are permanently on. Marty's expression looks a bit too serious / stern, which IMO doesn't quite fit the character. Still, really glad HT is making them.

it's a crying shame, they will make these hats non-detachable...WTF? they did it with the BTTF II Marty, so what's the problem? I want to be able to switch the heads with my other figs.... effing Lazyness by HT.
I don’t think it’s laziness. It is 100% as planned on purpose. They know people want to swap heads. This is there way of trying to make you buy the other figures, especially the Marty, to get the “non hat” version. I wish there were swappable hair pieces too, but at this point I know Hot Toys isn’t “looking out for/taking care of” fans interests.

Thinking back on it, didn't people complain about the hair seam on the part 2 Marty without the hat? I know I have always had my part 2 Marty with the hat on and I'm sure the same will be true with these part 3 figures. Swap out hair would have been nice but not something I am terribly concerned about myself.

Back