Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Marty McFly MMS616

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that’s brave lol. They could announce reissues for the BTTF2 stuff here at the next event in October.
Well I figured based on the trajectory of pricing and release windows, a possible Part 2 reissue/2.0 would be in the $300s (with all original accessories) and not release until 2023. So there is always the chance I could be waiting for a reissue for a long time for it to never happen while the P2 Marty keeps going up in price.

Even if the announce a reissue tomorrow, I won’t regret my purchase because I will have mine in a few days. All part of the collecting game as we all know. It is what it is.

Well I figured based on the trajectory of pricing and release windows, a possible Part 2 reissue/2.0 would be in the $300s (with all original accessories) and not release until 2023. So there is always the chance I could be waiting for a reissue for a long time for it to never happen while the P2 Marty keeps going up in price.

Even if the announce a reissue tomorrow, I won’t regret my purchase because I will have mine in a few days. All part of the collecting game as we all know. It is what it is.
Yep. Not knocking it, wish I had those two BTTF2 figs myself! Plus we all know Hot Toys and the fact that we all want those reissues but they aren’t Marvel/Star Wars probably means they’ll never come lol.

Yep. Not knocking it, wish I had those two BTTF2 figs myself! Plus we all know Hot Toys and the fact that we all want those reissues but they aren’t Marvel/Star Wars probably means they’ll never come lol.
No worries! Didn’t take it as a knock. It was brave lol. I would have preferred not doing it! But BTTF is my all time favorite franchise. After POing the Part 3 Doc and Marty, the only figure missing was the Part 2 Marty. So I had to decide do it now or hold out and see of a reissue. And on top of that, idk if they would have done a reissue or just release the 1955 versions, so I just wanted to secure a 2015 Marty while I could.

No worries! Didn’t take it as a knock. It was brave lol. I would have preferred not doing it! But BTTF is my all time favorite franchise. After POing the Part 3 Doc and Marty, the only figure missing was the Part 2 Marty. So I had to decide do it now or hold out and see of a reissue. And on top of that, idk if they would have done a reissue or just release the 1955 versions, so I just wanted to secure a 2015 Marty while I could.
I was just mentioning in another thread that I kinda still want to get the 1.0 Marty now even though I have the new one on PO, if I can find the EX for a good deal now maybe from someone wanting to upgrade to the 2.0. Have regretted not picking up any of these for years at this point and it’s hard not to still want that one even with the new version coming out lol.

I was just mentioning in another thread that I kinda still want to get the 1.0 Marty now even though I have the new one on PO, if I can find the EX for a good deal now maybe from someone wanting to upgrade to the 2.0. Have regretted not picking up any of these for years at this point and it’s hard not to still want that one even with the new version coming out lol.
I have the 1.0 so I skipped the 2.0. I posted this previously, but I don’t see MJF in the new head. I see Eddy Furlong from T2. I know what they were trying to go for with the new head, but I just still didn't see MJF in it. The 1.0 head I see MJF, but a little older, so still not perfect. Other than that, everything else is the same besides some accessories.
Still happy for those able to get the 2.0. Here is hoping they continue a long line of BTTF stuff. My pipe dream is the Part 3 train, which will never happen lol. That thing would be the size of an adult lol.

Plus the reissue will be missing an accessory just coz

Just bought a part 2 Marty off ebay. :banghead :lol

It's well worth having I think, with an arguably better sculpt than either of the others they've made. Only annoying part is the way they have him looking off to the side in a creepy sort of way. Lol

And be careful about those red circles on the sides of the jacket as they can be really gooey for some reason. Before doing anything else I would first drop a bit of Mod Podge on top to seal in the paint.

It's well worth having I think, with an arguably better sculpt than either of the others they've made. Only annoying part is the way they have him looking off to the side in a creepy sort of way. Lol

And be careful about those red circles on the sides of the jacket as they can be really gooey for some reason. Before doing anything else I would first drop a bit of Mod Podge on top to seal in the paint.
Sounds good! I don’t mind the eyes since I feel it works better for a hoverboard pose

I’m a ‘there can be one figure representing a character in my collection’ type of guy. If I’m going to pull the trigger on a Marty McFly, it’s going to have to be the iconic BTTF 1 version. However, this version just looks way cooler to me.

I’m a ‘there can be one figure representing a character in my collection’ type of guy. If I’m going to pull the trigger on a Marty McFly, it’s going to have to be the iconic BTTF 1 version. However, this version just looks way cooler to me.
That's my gameplay too. Iconic is best imo. But I know what you mean, can be difficult sometimes stopping at one :)

I do break the rule sometimes for Luke Skywalker, or Batman for example. More than one of those guys snuck into the collection somehow !

Back