Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Marty McFly MMS616

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God that’s a good idea, I’ve never really contemplated that before. The tailoring on the various outfits looks ****** marvelous!

It has to be done. Both figures have at least two desirable looks included. Someone has already mentioned a toy fair Marty with pink shirt and I would have to buy that too.

For Doc I could only see myself having him in the duster. The check coat and bow tie would be kitbash potential for a foppish character.

With Marty I like both looks - coat and poncho. But I'm imagining the poncho over the coat, flipped over one shoulder.

These look fantastic. Will PO both. I hope the DeLorean isn't just for the photos. I really like the idea of releasing and deluxe version with swap out accessories for BTTFI, II & III. I'd probably end up getting 2. I'm guessing HT will reissue BTTF2 Doc and Marty.
They could instead release those prototype Pt2 50’s versions instead of the 2015 versions again. I do need a 2015 Marty though :(

So I’m not exactly clear. Are the hats non-removable on these? The pictures don’t show them without them or the hats as separate pieces, but that seems a bit strange.

I suppose I wouldn’t take them off anyways, but if I wanted to swap a sculpt onto a different figure or something it wouldn’t work obviously.

So I’m not exactly clear. Are the hats non-removable on these? The pictures don’t show them without them or the hats as separate pieces, but that seems a bit strange.

I suppose I wouldn’t take them off anyways, but if I wanted to swap a sculpt onto a different figure or something it wouldn’t work obviously.
Yea I mentioned this before too. It seems that there are no swappable hair pieces as I would imagine they would have shown that in photos. Really disappointing if that is the case, but even so, I don’t see myself swapping these faces in other versions. At least with these new heads there will probably be recasts.

Getting removable 1/6 hats to look right is really tough and they often look terrible so I think this is a good thing. Maybe they could have done two entirely swappable hair pieces.

Yeah, that’s what Hot Toys have done many times in the past. Unless they’re not showing that there are separate hair pieces for some reason.

Yeah, that’s what Hot Toys have done many times in the past. Unless they’re not showing that there are separate hair pieces for some reason.
I have a feeling this is their way of getting people to buy the other figures, at least of Marty since the faces look very very similar.

I have a feeling this is their way of getting people to buy the other figures, at least of Marty since the faces look very very similar.
But Doc was probably an easy sell. Also it makes me wonder why in this case they did a new sculpt for Doc, but the other they didn’t. Also these have newer style display stands, but the part one figures have the old style ones. Kinda some odd choices with these figures. Regardless I’m happy to get them.

But Doc was probably an easy sell. Also it makes me wonder why in this case they did a new sculpt for Doc, but the other they didn’t. Also these have newer style display stands, but the part one figures have the old style ones. Kinda some odd choices with these figures. Regardless I’m happy to get them.
My assumption is they wanted to use scene specific sculpts, mainly that “shocked” gasping expression Doc uses during the Twin Pines Mall scene. For Pt3, they are not going that route, so they had no choice but to do a new sculpt. The Marty is def the same as the new 2.0 with a new hair style. In regards to the stands, I have no idea lol.

I have spent many years regretting not picking up the previous BTTF figures so these are all musts for me. But good lord they absolutely cannot sculpt Michael J. Fox or Christopher Lloyd to save their lives still even today. The delorean, at least in some form, is a given since they have been showing it in so many of the shots, so I am super stoked about that. I think swap-out parts to make the hover delorean is probably a bit much to expect though. Bigger question for me is if they would actually re-issue the BTTF2 figures that a lot of us would actually want to get now to go along with the others.

These two are definite preorders for me. I have all the others either in hand or ordered too, so will actually end up with a Doc/Marty pair for each movie and an extra part 1 Marty. So he can go with my delorean!
The only dilemma will be if they do a swappable parts Delorean, can I buy two to complete the trilogy without getting a divorce too (And will I have to sell body parts to pay for them)

It's funny they way they list the sculpts in the specifications:

- Newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly in Back to the Future III
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture
- Highly-detailed brown short hair sculpture with cowboy hat (non-detachable)

- Newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Emmett Brown in Back to the Future III
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Highly-detailed grayish white hair sculpture with cowboy hat and accessories (non-detachable)

You could read that as separate head and hair/hat sculpts, but there isn't any non-hat hair listed separately. So the specs are just padding out the work they've done on the figures.

it's a crying shame, they will make these hats non-detachable...WTF? they did it with the BTTF II Marty, so what's the problem? I want to be able to switch the heads with my other figs.... effing Lazyness by HT.

WHAT THE ****?!?!

I was told Hot Toys didn't care about Back to the Future .... what is this??

I'm shocked, I never thought HT would do part 3 figures! A pleasant surprise!

Back