Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who's interested, Blue Ridge Laser (Stoney's Stands) on FB is offering an acrylic hover stand for $75 that will let you display this either at a "low hover" or "flight mode".
This is exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't see how to order but dropped them an email. Appreciate the referral!

I just received mine from SS. This is a thing of beauty. Much larger in person.
IMG_3521.jpeg
IMG_3524.jpeg
IMG_3522.jpeg
View attachment IMG_3516.jpegView attachment IMG_3519.jpegView attachment IMG_3517.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3516.jpeg
    13 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3519.jpeg
    13.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3517.jpeg
    13.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yes. Sideshow shipped mine out just last week, so they definitely got some of the new batch in.
That's great news. Went to check mine and noticed something odd. Should I be worried that there's still a remaining balance and the "Pay remaining" is missing? Best I can tell, it seems the Tax + Shipping hasn't been charged yet as the two numbers in the bottom left add up to the remaining balance. Anyone else get this?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
Good point i didn’t think you’d be able to see the indentation on those shots. But clear as day.

Modifications are a real thing !!!

Weiter that they didn’t mention anything.
I doubt Sideshow or Hot Toys wants to trigger a bunch of first batch returns by officially acknowledging an inferior product.

Got my shipping soon notice. YAY!
Literally just got mine after completing the remaining payment. I'd almost forgot I only put the $80 down, which maybe worked out in my favor, keeping me in the second/fixed batch.

I received mine from Sideshow two weeks ago.. I just got around to setting up my budget display:

IMG_1196.jpeg

No issues with my Delorean so far. Wheel mechanism is the new design. Wheels come out and fold nicely. I haven’t tested the electronics yet though. Overall the vehicle looks great but feels very fragile and putting the trim on the front bumper was nerve racking.

I still haven’t figured out the rear bumper cables/cord yet. Anyone have a pic of how they’re supposed to look? I’m also unsure if I put the roof cables in right or not..

Just received mine this weekend, only three days after my "pay later" processed as I'd almost forgot to do that. Being so late to the party, I hope that means most of you have received yours by now or are at least being processed. I've got a complete unboxing album here but what was most important was checking the wheels.

Thankfully, mine seemed to be okay and have the new circular indents on the updated mechanism. Pulling the wheels out is still a bit finicky and I can see how someone would easily think they'd pulled it out far enough when they really hadn't. Additionally, pushing them back in feels a little whimsical if you're not careful but overall it seems to work great. The cables themselves do tend to hang/get in the way a bit (in fact, one was crimped out of the box) but with how infrequently I'll be converting it to hover mode, I don't see it as much of a problem.

GEAR3.jpg

GEARCRIMP.jpg

Overall, fit and finish was a acceptable after seeing some door jambs and minor issues on other reviews. No major issues to report here beyond what appears to be a minor scuff on the rear bumper seen here.
DAMAGE.jpg

Some stray observations from the unboxing/assembly:

-It's HUGE. This is my first 1/6th scale and I'm sure you Mark I folks know already but no amount of pictures/videos prepared me for just how big it is in my arms.
-The main box being what they ship it in is a bit of a bummer but mine came in decent shape and I took pics of all the corners anyway.
-I found it funny the hardest assembly step is the FIRST ONE, putting the front bumper piece on. Those first two snap ins are the scariest and I found that centering them with gentle force/wiggling was the best way to get them in. Hooking one side in completely and hoping to "squeeze/force" the other side just wasn't working and felt like it'd snap them.
-Having a heat gun as many recommended would be ideal but I was able to bend/stretch the wires without too much difficulty to install them.
-For the rear wiring, I debated going Doc Brown "garage mechanic messy" versus tidying things up and ended up going with the latter. By crossing them and routing a certain way, the excess was mostly hidden and once my heat gun arrives I'll even things out a bit.

30.jpg

All told, I'm VERY happy with the purchase and I'm glad I stayed in despite the early initial issues. Big thanks to everyone here who shared their cars and their opinions, it was a huge help. While I don't quite have a good display spot yet (I hoped to have a new house by now), I do have a Blue Ridge Laser "Hover Stand" on the way and will re-arrange some things to give it a proper home in the near future.

DISPLAYED.jpg

Just received mine this weekend, only three days after my "pay later" processed as I'd almost forgot to do that. Being so late to the party, I hope that means most of you have received yours by now or are at least being processed. I've got a complete unboxing album here but what was most important was checking the wheels.

Thankfully, mine seemed to be okay and have the new circular indents on the updated mechanism. Pulling the wheels out is still a bit finicky and I can see how someone would easily think they'd pulled it out far enough when they really hadn't. Additionally, pushing them back in feels a little whimsical if you're not careful but overall it seems to work great. The cables themselves do tend to hang/get in the way a bit (in fact, one was crimped out of the box) but with how infrequently I'll be converting it to hover mode, I don't see it as much of a problem.

View attachment 647848
View attachment 647849

Overall, fit and finish was a acceptable after seeing some door jambs and minor issues on other reviews. No major issues to report here beyond what appears to be a minor scuff on the rear bumper seen here.
View attachment 647850

Some stray observations from the unboxing/assembly:

-It's HUGE. This is my first 1/6th scale and I'm sure you Mark I folks know already but no amount of pictures/videos prepared me for just how big it is in my arms.
-The main box being what they ship it in is a bit of a bummer but mine came in decent shape and I took pics of all the corners anyway.
-I found it funny the hardest assembly step is the FIRST ONE, putting the front bumper piece on. Those first two snap ins are the scariest and I found that centering them with gentle force/wiggling was the best way to get them in. Hooking one side in completely and hoping to "squeeze/force" the other side just wasn't working and felt like it'd snap them.
-Having a heat gun as many recommended would be ideal but I was able to bend/stretch the wires without too much difficulty to install them.
-For the rear wiring, I debated going Doc Brown "garage mechanic messy" versus tidying things up and ended up going with the latter. By crossing them and routing a certain way, the excess was mostly hidden and once my heat gun arrives I'll even things out a bit.

View attachment 647851

All told, I'm VERY happy with the purchase and I'm glad I stayed in despite the early initial issues. Big thanks to everyone here who shared their cars and their opinions, it was a huge help. While I don't quite have a good display spot yet (I hoped to have a new house by now), I do have a Blue Ridge Laser "Hover Stand" on the way and will re-arrange some things to give it a proper home in the near future.

View attachment 647852
Great pics and tips 👍🏼

Does this 2nd batch of DeLoreans have the paint speckling on the wheels? I hope not.
Yeah the speckling is still there unfortunately. I don't keep my DeLorean in a brightly lit room though so it's not something that I ever really notice. But I definitely plan to experiment around to see if something might remove it.

Does this 2nd batch of DeLoreans have the paint speckling on the wheels? I hope not.

They do but as others have said, it's actually not that obvious (thankfully). I was toying with the idea of trying to remove it using a chemical or by scuffing it (testing on the back side first of course) but decided not to mess with it as it's only visible in bright light/flash photography.

I still think it was a weird decision though.

Back