Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess with the revised wheel brackets that Sideshow is waiting for new stock to arrive?
Going to have to play the long game with this one and re-order once it goes "In-Stock"
on the website, since ordering from anywhere else will be a crapshoot to whether you
get an original version or the fixed one. *sigh*

I'd hold off a bit. I'd almost bet good money that the Ep3 will be put up for pre-order when the 1/6 Ep3 Marty + Doc release. They know not many people would order all 3 at once, so why not introduce the 3rd expensive "character" when the others have been paid off.

Also means they can develop the differences in the meantime and potentially adapt or use the current mould for the V3.

Lot's of logical reasons that it's still coming imo.
Yeah I suppose, since it would be an easier vehicle to produce with no rotating wheels to deal with. But I just never got the sense it was as beloved or popular a look, and that HT would feel there's enough interest.

Plus it would be far cheaper to scratchbuild an electrical box and some 50s tires than pay another $800 for a whole new car...

Yeah I suppose, since it would be an easier vehicle to produce with no rotating wheels to deal with. But I just never got the sense it was as beloved or popular a look, and that HT would feel there's enough interest.

Plus it would be far cheaper to scratchbuild an electrical box and some 50s tires than pay another $800 for a whole new car...
Yeah true from a custom point of view it's not too hard to modify I guess.

I’ve always kind of liked the DeLorean’s look in Part III. Those whitewall tires and the box of circuits on the hood make it look cool and obviously like something Doc had to really come up with to get it to work again.

The visual of the DeLorean racing through the desert and bouncing along on those big tires while being chased by Indians might just be my favorite of the entire trilogy. And I'm always a little bummed that the scene doesn't last longer.

Got my replacement today as I was lucky that my local Sideshow dealer had an extra on hand since someone bailed on their preorder. Fitment is good on this one, no issues. Such a cool piece to have in the display.
20230615_212916.jpg

Timewalker notified me yesterday that they'll start charging for these tomorrow and they will drop ship from their distributor shortly.

For anyone who's interested, Blue Ridge Laser (Stoney's Stands) on FB is offering an acrylic hover stand for $75 that will let you display this either at a "low hover" or "flight mode".

View attachment 645315

View attachment 645319

View attachment 645317

View attachment 645316
Now that's very cool. I mean I get Hot Toys wanting to show the lights on the underside and all, but it's not the best for posing with figures.

This could work with both.

P.S Is that green on the table due to the underside lights ?

Last edited:
Yeah the green lights underneath are pretty bright, although I'm sure the fact it's reflecting off a white surface is making it pop even more.
Yeah understandable with the white. What's your plan with the cables and hiding them ?

I was thinking perhaps to use another piece of wood as a base on top of my cabinets top. Then drill a hole in the base for the cable to go through and under. Ideally in a routed channel in the underside of the base board. Then it is almost invisible, and makes the top board still sit evenly on the underlying surface.

I was also thinking of making the top of the board into a type of road surface diorama for a bit of realism. But not sure about that. Need to get it first and see if that makes sense.

I do prefer clean setups, so a road diorama is not necessarily "clean". However I also don't like visible cables, so maybe it is still a good compromise.

Yeah understandable with the white. What's your plan with the cables and hiding them ?

I was thinking perhaps to use another piece of wood as a base on top of my cabinets top. Then drill a hole in the base for the cable to go through and under. Ideally in a routed channel in the underside of the base board. Then it is almost invisible, and makes the top board still sit evenly on the underlying surface.

I was also thinking of making the top of the board into a type of road surface diorama for a bit of realism. But not sure about that. Need to get it first and see if that makes sense.

I do prefer clean setups, so a road diorama is not necessarily "clean". However I also don't like visible cables, so maybe it is still a good compromise.
I'm still relying on the batteries and haven't thought much about a proper display yet. Once I get the cable ties and tire transfers from Mike Lane I'll start modding and replace the wiring, fix the wheel lights, etc.

That USB cable is going to be a pain to hide no matter what though.

Low hover mode looks awesome. Still on the fence with this one, been waiting to hear if the wheel mechanism was fixed in the new batch but no clear indication of that.
I can confirm the wheel mechanism is fixed in the new batch. I have it in-hand and the plastic feels very sturdy, I think they changed the material and the design to prevent any cracking.

Does anyone know if you leave the batteries in and then power it by USB is it drawing from the batteries still or will it default to USB?

I like the idea of having it powered by USB while it's on display but when I take it off display to play around with it or show it to someone I don't want to have the hassle of putting the batteries in and then taking them out again.

Back