Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I wasn't sure what he was asking there. Yeah the lights coming out the bottom of the wheels while in flight mode are still way too dim. Almost seems like HT has the leds facing the wrong way or something.
Unfortunately that’s exactly what’s going on. I’m guessing they’re going for the “let’s light it all up” so it’s less boring on top. I actually like the lights on top even if it’s inaccurate but I do wish there was light directly facing down.

Hmm…. Next mod idea! As you can see, LOTS of room to add LEDs facing out/down.
1685813170324.jpeg

Unfortunately that’s exactly what’s going on. I’m guessing they’re going for the “let’s light it all up” so it’s less boring on top. I actually like the lights on top even if it’s inaccurate but I do wish there was light directly facing down.

Hmm…. Next mod idea! As you can see, LOTS of room to add LEDs facing out/down.
View attachment 642574
What is that white on the top side? Paper? Paint?

ok, I just check the tire lights and are working fine in both positions, not too much bright, but it works in a dark room and I’m planning exhibits in hovering position, so not big problem.

It’s literally a piece of paper.
So you can remove it and make it clear? (or put it on the opposite side?)
Or it's glue to the plastic?
Only problem removing it will show the lights as blobs of light. i.e non diffused. That's of course what the paper does.

But you could perhaps replace the paper with opaque contact or something to still diffuse the light somewhat, but be brighter than the paper.

Paper is a good stencil if you can remove it easily.

Looks like this person also has one of the new mechanisms on theirs too.

Yep, clearly the new version with the circular indents.

He was also obviously aware of the issue as he was checking them out closely.

Interestingly during the change to hover mode, 2 of the wheels he tried to rotate down when not pulled out all the way.

Earlier versions were cracking when people did that. So must be a more robust fixed solution now.

That really makes me breathe a sigh of relief !! It's FIXED !!!!

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 13.06.35.png

Here's a picture of the Batmobile in a Moducase DF120 (Batmobile measures almost 3 feet), it might give you an idea of the proportions. You can have one custom made, if you like. I absolutely love those Moducase displays and the people manufacturing them are awesome to deal with.

View attachment 564048
Did you need to upgrade the DF120 to the 30kg capability? I'm wondering if that upgrade is necessary on either vehicles or maybe an Ironman display with all that diecast.

Hi, any idea about how to remove these shelves with out damaging the vehicle? I want to make both of these shelves more accurate. Thanks.
IMG_3411.jpeg

Yep, clearly the new version with the circular indents.

He was also obviously aware of the issue as he was checking them out closely.

Interestingly during the change to hover mode, 2 of the wheels he tried to rotate down when not pulled out all the way.

Earlier versions were cracking when people did that. So must be a more robust fixed solution now.

That really makes me breathe a sigh of relief !! It's FIXED !!!!

View attachment 642671
All the ones I saw broke when the wheel was slightly further out where the rim of the tyre would only just make contact with the chassis and then pop the plastic joint. Being 99% out but not fully was the issue.
What he did here is what I've done with mine a few times. 80% out, not far enough to fold and not too far to let it start entering the wheel arch so the tyre fights the chassis.

All the ones I saw broke when the wheel was slightly further out where the rim of the tyre would only just make contact with the chassis and then pop the plastic joint. Being 99% out but not fully was the issue.
What he did here is what I've done with mine a few times. 80% out, not far enough to fold and not too far to let it start entering the wheel arch so the tyre fights the chassis.
OK. Either way it did look more robust to me. But I'll definitely be careful when doing my wheels.......when it finally ships !

Has anyone else received their DeLorean in the last 1-2 weeks ? Any wheel joint issues ?

Screenshot_20230609_000344_Messenger.jpg

Passenger door alignment was poor on mine that I just received. The hood is also off on the driver's side and there's a noticeable gap between the body panels on the passenger rear wheel well (ignore the dust on the tire lol)

Screenshot_20230609_001052_Gallery.jpg

I bought it from an authorized Sideshow dealer and I sent him images to provide to Sideshow. I'm hoping for a replacement as it should be better for the money this costs.

On a positive note the revised wheel brackets seem sturdy and convert back and forth without any issue.

I was originally thinking about getting this and then I changed my mind thinking that I wouldn’t after the issues. Kind of back on side of wanting it again with the improvements.

Floated the idea to my fiancée too and other than the fact it’s a lot of money she doesn’t seem to hate the idea of me getting it. Told her no guarantees it won’t show up. :lol

Someone on FB converted their Part 1 version into a Part 3, and while it's a bit rough in places (the wheels are, um, not great), it really makes me want to try the same thing. Since it's such a fun look and would breathe some life into a vehicle I've grown pretty bored with in the collection. And I just have serious doubts HT will ever give us one.

346641595_1316767522554437_4237614333059129789_n.jpg

I gotta say that actually looks really good overall. From a distance, it’s definitely legit!

Someone on FB converted their Part 1 version into a Part 3, and while it's a bit rough in places (the wheels are, um, not great), it really makes me want to try the same thing. Since it's such a fun look and would breathe some life into a vehicle I've grown pretty bored with in the collection. And I just have serious doubts HT will ever give us one.

View attachment 644914
I'd hold off a bit. I'd almost bet good money that the Ep3 will be put up for pre-order when the 1/6 Ep3 Marty + Doc release. They know not many people would order all 3 at once, so why not introduce the 3rd expensive "character" when the others have been paid off.

Also means they can develop the differences in the meantime and potentially adapt or use the current mould for the V3.

Lot's of logical reasons that it's still coming imo.

Last edited:
Back