Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t worry too much. My shipped email came not too long after seeing “preparing to ship” which means they received the return. So that’s good news! I’d be more worried if your replacement got delayed along with the other folks here to May.
OK. I just got the shipping notice. It's coming this Friday. Crossing my fingers!

I wouldn't cancel for the wheel design change. I was getting this any way to pose on its wheels. That said I would much rather have the brittle mechanism that I have to be careful with or repair than have the wheel hang as low as they did.

Last edited:
Just received this email:
My final flex payment is scheduled for tomorrow (3/10) and I received two emails yesterday saying the same thing as above, with email subjects of "Sideshow DeLorean Time Machine item will be delayed" and "Your item from Sideshow is arriving late".

I chatted with an ambassador on their website and they said this email is automatically sent out when the release date changes on the product page. (Which happened last week from what I know.) They also stated my DeLorean is still scheduled to ship in the next couple days once payment is received.

The rep said the QC issues were from user error/people not reading the instructions. Obviously, different reps are going to say or know different things. And I wouldn't expect a support rep/ambassador to announce a product recall before it's announced by Hot Toys or official Sideshow channels. It's a game of wait and see for now.

I just received this email myself earlier today. Maybe they realized too many people were complaining about the build and they are fixing issues.

Actually, this is just Hot Toys delay- all of their products suddenly have delays. According to Sideshow- there is no issued identified by Hot Toys or offered. They will replace broken ones.

I just received my replacement and I should say I’m not surprised to report new issues. But thankfully no cracked joints. I unscrewed each joint so that the rotation was completely loose without any stress.

So other than some pieces coming loose I’ll need to glue back, the rear passenger wheel can’t be folded down. The cable that leads to the wheel lighting is…. Get this, too short! I can only pull the wheel out half way before the tightness of the wire stops me. Any more and the wiring will snap. I’ve tried wiggling it to possibly loosen it up but to no avail. At this point, a broken axle that can be glued back would’ve been “better”.
A2E91B64-451E-434E-88F8-35F2C34C77DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Just noticed that Timewalker put this on Imminent Arrival but isn't expecting it til May/June. So guess they didn't get any of that first Sideshow batch. But that's alright, after just shelling out 1K for the Inart Joker I'm perfectly fine with the longer wait.

I just received my replacement and I should say I’m not surprised to report new issues. But thankfully no cracked joints. I unscrewed each joint so that the rotation was completely loose without any stress.

So other than some pieces coming loose I’ll need to glue back, the rear passenger wheel can’t be folded down. The cable that leads to the wheel lighting is…. Get this, too short! I can only pull the wheel out half way before the tightness of the wire stops me. Any more and the wiring will snap. I’ve tried wiggling it to possibly loosen it up but to no avail. At this point, a broken axle that can be glued back would’ve been “better”. View attachment 627227
I didn't know the wire is exposed like that. Didn't notice on mine. Maybe that's why one of the wheel didn't extend out fully on mine. Anyways, I'm getting my replacement tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!

So other than some pieces coming loose I’ll need to glue back, the rear passenger wheel can’t be folded down. The cable that leads to the wheel lighting is…. Get this, too short! I can only pull the wheel out half way before the tightness of the wire stops me. Any more and the wiring will snap. I’ve tried wiggling it to possibly loosen it up but to no avail. At this point, a broken axle that can be glued back would’ve been “better”.

Oh man that's too bad the replacement has issues too... I guess they definitely rushed the wheel change on this one.

The way I see it, if you’re going to be turning the lights on, why not do it with some style? Besides, the stainless steel construction made the flux dispersal….. actually, it’s as simple as tape and a piece of a single peg round Lego that sits on top of the button. Now let’s see how long before this ends up on another YouTuber video 🤣.

If you touch the hood repeatedly in the same spot, you'll end up wearing away the paint in that area.

Here’s another observation for those that wish to power on their Delorean lights via an external switch:

If you hold/tape the power button down, you can turn off USB power and back on and the light will come back on. Unfortunately it only works on Mode #1 and you’d have to press it again for hover lights. I plan to put this behind an acrylic case so I’ve been tinkering with how to get around the restriction and this seems to work with a limitation.

Back