Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn.. that sucks. Might need to put down the NRD just to make my decision in case it sells out.

I know numbers were cut but part of me is wondering if this one is FOMO though. I mean it’s been up for like a year. Seems to be before production numbers were cut back. Just suddenly before it’s about to ship it goes to low stock? Seems a bit suspect.
Just jump on the waitlist and you’ll be fine. Personally I was hoping to wait a bit for a bunch more of my pending rewards to be available. Retailers like BBTS and Alter Ego have this set for a July release so it still might be a couple months before SS even starts shipping, so it seems pretty early for it to hit waitlist. Do people really think HT dug out their old molds and did all these little tweaks just to sell a handful? Nah, they rerelease items because it is cheap money. What was the last vehicle they rereleased that didn’t sit in stock at SS for at least a year?

Also I am usually very suspect of weekend waitlists, those are the ones that typically come back up for regular PO within days. It’s like they have nobody there on the weekends just to hit a key on their keyboard to update their system numbers.

Still up at Popcultcha btw, if stuff sells out there that’s when I get legit worried lol.

Just jump on the waitlist and you’ll be fine. Personally I was hoping to wait a bit for a bunch more of my pending rewards to be available. Retailers like BBTS and Alter Ego have this set for a July release so it still might be a couple months before SS even starts shipping, so it seems pretty early for it to hit waitlist. Do people really think HT dug out their old molds and did all these little tweaks just to sell a handful? Nah, they rerelease items because it is cheap money. What was the last vehicle they rereleased that didn’t sit in stock at SS for at least a year?

Also I am usually very suspect of weekend waitlists, those are the ones that typically come back up for regular PO within days. It’s like they have nobody there on the weekends just to hit a key on their keyboard to update their system numbers.

Still up at Popcultcha btw, if stuff sells out there that’s when I get legit worried lol.
I put myself on the waitlist. I don’t necessarily believe it’s truly sold out. To me the timing just seems oddly coincidental. It was available to pre-order for a year and right before release it suddenly sells out?

Yes the pictures came out and people saw the improvements over the first version and other figures have released (although many aren’t fans of Doc due to the sculpt).

In a way it feels like a ploy by Sideshow to lock people into a high ticket item. Since on a waitlist you can’t do payment plans.

And the people on FB who claim to have inside knowledge or basically act like they are smarter than the rest of us because they *know* SS isn’t playing games are, well, just completely insufferable. Went back to comment on a few posts and of course those people had deleted them lol.

Anyway, glad I’ll be able to hoard some more rewards before plunking down on this! Also showing $44 shipping for me which seems unexpectedly reasonable actually.

So what are the chances of Marty being re-released for this?
Possible. They have been very random with the BTTF license and just when we thought they had dropped it completely they announced what? 3 new figures, a redo and this. If this stuff is selling they will do more.

They’ve released Marty from the first film twice now. Plus a version from each of the sequels. I can’t see them doing him again. Either find one of the two already released or there is the third party version.

Just got my Sideshow final email that the payment will be processed on the 22nd. I preordered last month, so as usual, it's not first come first serve, unless they really didn't sell out the first batch.

I preordered a year ago so doesn’t appear to be first come first serve. Also got the email.
“Your DeLorean Time Machine item will be arriving into our warehouse in a few days. Your final payment is scheduled for 02/22/2023. We expect the piece to ship within the next 10 business days. Please review your shipping information and make any changes through your online account by 02/21/2023.”

I preordered a year ago so doesn’t appear to be first come first serve. Also got the email.
“Your DeLorean Time Machine item will be arriving into our warehouse in a few days. Your final payment is scheduled for 02/22/2023. We expect the piece to ship within the next 10 business days. Please review your shipping information and make any changes through your online account by 02/21/2023.”
The only recent email about the delorean I received was another installment payment, not final payment. Guess I'm not going to be one of the first to receive it.

It’s crazy how prices and required online taxes changed things.

My total including shipping back in 2015/2016 for the Delorean was $709.08 USD total.

The total now with tax and shipping for this new one is $962.55 USD total.

1677290442900.png

Mine shipped.

Same. Shipped sooner than I expected! Tracking says it won’t be here until next Thursday. Now hoping for safe delivery!

Back