Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dimensions have been discussed previously. You just need to scroll back a few pages.
I tried looking but I couldn't find anything about how much room was in the interior in terms of fitting figures (with the doors closed) and just how short a figure has to be to fit, I could only find the dimensions of the whole car. I might have missed it though! But shells075 answered my question, so it's all good!

Last edited:
I tried looking but I couldn't find anything about how much room was in the interior in terms of fitting figures (with the doors closed) and just how short a figure has to be to fit, I could only find the dimensions of the whole car. I might have missed it though! But shells075 answered my question, so it's all good!
Sorry yes I meant exterior. Interior is probably as bad as the original.

Who you going to put in it ?? Batman ? :p
The Thing
25C998B5-F080-4841-B0F9-86625C7934DB.jpeg

OMG this thing just arrived at my office and is ridiculously (and somewhat embarrassingly) beyond enormous- plus if there were any doubts about it being respectable legit mail, the PHOTO of the vehicle and "BACK TO THE FUTURE II" is slapped all over the dang box... God knows when I'll get this monster out... and I guess sneaking it into the house without the wife (or 5 year old) noticing is probably out of the question.

I COULD set it up on the end of my desk and pass it off as a car statute (lots of car geeks around here) - but, that spot is already reserved for Smaug... who is going to be possibly even larger. What the hell was I thinking ordering so much huge stuff *smack's forehead*

I think more vehicles probably come up for sale as people realize what a huge and pricey thing this is and cancel their orders at the last second... (I almost did)

Seriously look at this thing- almost killed one of the poor little clerks who had to drag it to my office... haha

Last edited:
OMG this thing just arrived at my office and is ridiculously (and somewhat embarrassingly) beyond enormous- plus if there were any doubts about it being respectable legit mail, the PHOTO of the vehicle and "BACK TO THE FUTURE II" is slapped all over the dang box... God knows when I'll get this monster out... and I guess sneaking it into the house without the wife (or 5 year old) noticing is probably out of the question.

I COULD set it up on the end of my desk and pass it off as a car statute (lots of car geeks around here) - but, that spot is already reserved for Smaug... who is going to be possibly even larger. What the hell was I thinking ordering so much huge stuff *smack's forehead*

I think more vehicles probably come up for sale as people realize what a huge and pricey thing this is and cancel their orders at the last second... (I almost did)

Seriously look at this thing- almost killed one of the poor little clerks who had to drag it to my office... haha

off topic, but which smaug statue / figure are you ordering?

Looking forward to getting this, but the qc issues concern me as well. Reviewer on YT had two broken hover conversion axels.

Looking forward to getting this, but the qc issues concern me as well. Reviewer on YT had two broken hover conversion axels.
I think danoby broke the wheels when he tried to roll it and use a drill on it

It look like the car can not be turned into the first version from danobys video. The back part is not removable.

You might have noticed it, but the one of the wheels is defect. It won't extend out fully, so I can't fold it like other 3 wheels.
Sent Sideshow request. I'm not sure how they gonna handle the issue.
View attachment 625941
Contacted Sideshow for replacement. Sending it back.
I could have unscrew some parts and tried to fix myself, but why bother with this price..
Hopefully next one doesn't have any issues.

I was kinda planning to replace the wheel struts on mine anyway, since the HT ones aren't remotely accurate to the movie. But it still sucks seeing them break so easily right out of the box.

I wonder if it might be possible to loosen some screws first before rotating them down, just to be safe.

Back