Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's a pretty great deal from SSC. I don't know how many of these HT made, but there seems to be a lot of them around. I really love this figure, too bad I paid full price on it, but it was 2 years ago now.

Definitely a great deal. I may have to jump on this soon. I really have bee wanting this for a while.

Definitely a great deal. I may have to jump on this soon. I really have bee wanting this for a while.

For the price, it's a great deal, especially when you consider what the IM armours costs these days. This one is a monster when you see it next to other figures, as big as Iron Monger.

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

32BE4489-3301-4603-A570-F7C92D2C416A.jpg

looks good, ok movie, just couldn't pull the trigger. I guess it's the fact that he would look out of place on my collection.

Considering how poorly these sold, what are the chances hot toys will make figures based on the sequel?

I'd nearly be sure it sold poorly because people knew they wouldn't make Neytiri. Self-fulfilling prophecy scenario. Then again, I don't blame those people either.

I'd nearly be sure it sold poorly because people knew they wouldn't make Neytiri. Self-fulfilling prophecy scenario. Then again, I don't blame those people either.
Thing that makes me wonder, is just how many of these damn things did they make? Can't believe how much they must've overestimated demand. I thought the whole purpose of pre-ordering was to make a pretty precise estimation of what the run should be. Really nothing should be stinking around as long as this figure has (and heavily discounted for a long time, too). Same with cult stuff like Eric Draven. Figure like that should be sold out almost as soon as it starts shipping. I tend to think of HT as having great abilities to forecast demand, but this Spook is sure making it obvious how much seems to be guesstimation when it comes to their run sizes.

Can anyone who ordered yesterday or today with the S33YOU code tell me how many rewards points are pending on your account? I only see 198 on mine, which is the standard 1 point per $1, not the extra rewards that this was supposed to have.

Ow.ly - image uploaded by @collectsideshow (SideshowCollectibles)
When I talked with a Sideshow rep, they advised the points will often appear that way until the figure's shipped and the points drop (I think 30 days afterwards). At that point, you'll see the true double or triple reward in the newly updated balance. If you want to be sure, I'd IM or call to confirm.

Last edited:
I wish this would go for triple rewards during spook! I would totally buy this if this was triple rewards and the code.

I would jump on this but I have other things I want at the moment. If they put him on sale again for Black Friday or Christmas than I'll jump on him.

At the discounted retail prices being offered, this figure rocks.. it really does look excellent on the shelf, I have absolutely no regrets about having purchased one.

I agree that sometimes Hot Toys demand/production forecasting seems to be based more on wishful thinking, than logic.. but this, the Crow and Mime Joker are all awesome figures.. it may simply be, that to hit certain manufacturing economies of scale, HT have to do a minimum number of figures, even if that is going to mean some shelf warming at retail.

I made a comment quite early on in The Crow thread, that I thought that although the figure was great, I was surprised that HT had gone for such a niche, cult license.. because I really wasn't sure that the sales were going to be there, no matter how brilliant the figure is.

A film can have a strong cult following, without this meaning lots of those fans collect 1/6 figures.. indeed working out which licenses will have a strong figure collecting fan-base must be extremely difficult, for licenses that have little or no track record for high-end figures

I don't think HT are the only producer to face this conundrum and it explains the enthusiasm for the almost guaranteed sales of franchises like Iron Man and Star Wars... but it was the huge delay in producing this figure (long after the Avatar hype had died down) and no Neytiri, that caused the problems, the figure itself is excellent.

Back