Hot Toys Apologise for 1/6 John Connor (Head sculpt problems)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazukijun

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hot Toys just issued an apology to those who got their John Connor. Apparently the head sculpt had some manufacturing problems, they also stated that they will be sending replacement to those that have already collected their John Connor.

For now they will stop releasing anymore John Connor until the head sculpt problem is solved.

Those who collected their John Connor should contact Hot Toys and they will likely receive the replacement head in July.

The new batch of John Connor will also be ready by July.

Source https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16370&extra=&page=1

If you can read mandarin to click on the link & read the full letter, as I just did a quick summary of it.

So far, I believed only Hong Kong customers are affected. But if you have got an early batch, please do contact Hot Toys on how to go about getting the replacement.

Specifically what are they saying is wrong with the sculpt. Did some people have defective/damaged sculpts or are they just saying it was supposed to be more detailed?

here is some of them :D
R0016509.jpg

poor guy, he got the ugliest one :D

Yes I love the way Hot Toys is right on top of the situation. Customer complaining, they respond. They could have dragged their feet or try to secretly fix it without saying anything, like other companies. But no ! TELL THE PEOPLE ! KEEP COMMUNICATION OPEN !

Hot Toys....:monkey2

Perhap HT not pleased with the face paint job and the weird eyes or they have received complaints.

I hope they get us a better sculpt along with fixing the problems. And include the black outfit and destroyed T-600 base. But that's just wishful thinking. :D

This is fantastic news!! I lost faith in getting this figure, that painted head sculpt was just terrible even with good photography, so bland it looked like the face had mascara make up on.
With Hot toys correcting this problem, they are just simply fantastic.

So what was the problem? Paint isn't stellar... but still better than most other figures on the market :lol

Pretty damn impressive on HT's part but you'd have to imagine this dipping into their overall profit margin. Good thing they spotted the problem while it surfaced in Asia and not the rest of the world.

I don't see the big issue with that one pictured, but the likeness to Bale is a major selling point for this figure, so I can see them going to lengths to make sure that it pleases fans. Cool that they are not a Hasbro when it comes to customer service :rock

Back