Hot Toys Apologise for 1/6 John Connor (Head sculpt problems)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but Marmit weren't perfect either and they were too short for non-Medicom 1/6. Why does it seem that no matter how good a company does at making something, there is always something glaringly obvious wrong with it to the real fans? Is there some kind of cosmic thing that would cause the universe to explode if somebody just did it totally right in one damn figure.

Like the Predator1. It should have been the ultimate Pred. Everything was looking great, but it has the wrong lenses in the helmet (forgivable) and it's now the shortest Predator, hardly bigger than Dutch (unforgivable). What is the friggin' deal?

Whatever about scale, since people just used dragon bodies on the Marmit kits but, i mean more the helmet and how awesome they did with that, even having separate molds for both Hero and Stunt.

Yeah, but Marmit weren't perfect either and they were too short for non-Medicom 1/6. Why does it seem that no matter how good a company does at making something, there is always something glaringly obvious wrong with it to the real fans? Is there some kind of cosmic thing that would cause the universe to explode if somebody just did it totally right in one damn figure.

Like the Predator1. It should have been the ultimate Pred. Everything was looking great, but it has the wrong lenses in the helmet (forgivable) and it's now the shortest Predator, hardly bigger than Dutch (unforgivable). What is the friggin' deal?

The Vader figure for example was done right as the prototype. If they wouldn't have deviated from that, then no one would be complaining. But it's like this with all there figure's. It's like SS's modo should be "lets make a prototype that we can't deliver on" What's that about?

And I know there are sometimes some changes done in production, but they should be subtle changes and not the so damn obvious one's!

And how we will know that we are buying the fixed version?? :rolleyes:

It would be interesting to know was wrong to be vigilant and dont buy a wrong version... :eek:

I'm guessing this is just about the paint application. On some of the sculpts the hair line was a little sloppy, thats probably all it is. On the other hand why would that require a public statement?

I'm guessing this is just about the paint application. On some of the sculpts the hair line was a little sloppy, thats probably all it is. On the other hand why would that require a public statement?

To make it apparent to anyone who bought one already that they will be entitled to a replacement head.

On the other hand why would that require a public statement?
Probably because of the backlash every time they put out a figure, just to rub collectors noses in it by releasing a second superior version a short while later. This could be a new marketing ploy to pre-empt that likely backlash.

So will we get an English statement, possibly in a Sideshow or Hot Toys newsletter, explaining what exactly the problem is? Looks like they're looking after the Asian market. Really this sort of apology should have surfaced in their own newsletter first, with the method of replacing those heads that happened to ship worldwide as well as locally.

They're big enough now to start a customer service section to cater for the problems inherent in their product. Hopefully this is the start of something good.

thats what you call backing up their product and admiting to their mistakes thanks HT you got my business. now i got more confidence in buying their product ...

thats what you call backing up their product and admiting to their mistakes thanks HT you got my business. now i got more confidence in buying their product ...

Now if only they would replace their Robocop mistakes, I love Hot Toys, but they aren't angels. I do hope they fix their customer service.

Now if only they would replace their Robocop mistakes, I love Hot Toys, but they aren't angels. I do hope they fix their customer service.

You mean the stupid RoboCop 3 with flightpack, as some of the heads had a flakey finnish to it right?.

I wish SS would do this for the Celtic Bio, an additional lens or something....

I think alot of people want this, sales depend on it so it's in their interest.... Are we listening sideshow???

Good of hot toy's to do this though, it's sure to buy them a little customer loyalty as if they need it.

Well since they made this public statement, it means about 99% of the people who bought Connor will be send theirs in for a replacement. Which means Hot Toys was willing to take a loss on the sculpts they already produced to correct this problem, whatever it is. Which means it must be something obvious that customers would notice. Something more than just sloppy paint apps. Maybe they actually skipped a process in the mold( Like the skin texture) which would have significantly altered the appearance. :confused:

why is everyone puzzled?... it's obviously the paint. compared with what HT dishes out these days the paint job would fall under the pre yulli era for hot toys.

HTT4JohnHead.jpg

just look at the eyes.. the paint job is completely identical to the prison break releases.

Where's the public apology for the Spirit figure then? Haha... i forgot nobody cares about the spirit.

Back