Hot Toys Apologise for 1/6 John Connor (Head sculpt problems)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget this. looks incredible :rock
2009315353465.jpg

Hot Toys are a great company but I dont think they are losing money on this. I reckon they got the factory that screwed this up to foot the bill. Otherwise if they were losing money (ie truly their fault), it probably would've gone un-apologised for and collectors would've put up with it, then they'd have done a 2nd release with a better sculpt and paint job and that would've been seen as the right to all previous wrongs...

Yeah, you won't see Sideshow making a move of this magnitude!

Sideshow is replacing as we speak the hands of their Stormtroopers to who ever writes them about the problems - paint rubbing off the hands. It might not be a big problem as the head of Connor but still... I wish other companies would do similar things

Yes, yes, bravo, Hot Toys. My question though: why were these allowed to go out in the first place if they knew they were bad? Or did they only release that comment after hearing that people weren't impressed? Glad I've forgone getting the earliest releases through eBay anymore.

Sorry if I sound synical, but Hot Toys has proven untrustworthy with first releases, often providing something better coming soon once everybody has already dropped big bucks to get the first, less spectacular by comparison, figure. Now they've one upped themselves by creating a situation for everybody that got the earliest releases on this.

Sure, it's nice they are offering a replacement head, but do you know how hard it is for a non-dealer to get a response out of these guys in the U.S.? I feel for all those guys who have been on eBay all last week winning these defects, especially because they went through another HK based vender. They are pretty screwed.

Last edited:
apology not accepted until they also apologize for their alien warrior/dog sculpts.

Sideshow is replacing as we speak the hands of their Stormtroopers to who ever writes them about the problems - paint rubbing off the hands. It might not be a big problem as the head of Connor but still... I wish other companies would do similar things

Dude, i would rather have paint rubbing off the hands on that figure then the helmet look the way it does on that figure,what that figure needed was a new improved helmet sculpt..direct scan from the movie used one.

To clear things up the letter stated that there was a mistake in the factory's manufacturing process. They didn't say exactly which or what process, but at least it will guarantee stricter quality control for the later batches.

I wish SS would do this for the Celtic Bio, an additional lens or something....

Damn, if Sideshow or Medicom did this they would have to replace about 80% of their figure heads!! :lol

This does remind me of the Faramir incident... in which it was admitted that it looked like ^^^^, but nothing was done. Either return the figure and get your money back or stick it out with a very subpar paint job.

Very cool of HT to do this, especially when even the "f'd-up" head looks better than 90% of the figures out there :lol

Strange, be interesting to find out what the problem was... but the 'sub par' heads could end up pretty valuable us collectors always want those rarities!

Dude, i would rather have paint rubbing off the hands on that figure then the helmet look the way it does on that figure,what that figure needed was a new improved helmet sculpt..direct scan from the movie used one.

Unfortunately only Gentle Giant and partially Kotobukiya managed to get the right design for their Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers helmets...:eek: SS needs to learn from these guys...

Unfortunately only Gentle Giant and partially Kotobukiya managed to get the right design for their Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers helmets...:eek: SS needs to learn from these guys...

And we can't forget Marmit who did these like years and years ago.

And we can't forget Marmit who did these like years and years ago.

Yeah, but Marmit weren't perfect either and they were too short for non-Medicom 1/6. Why does it seem that no matter how good a company does at making something, there is always something glaringly obvious wrong with it to the real fans? Is there some kind of cosmic thing that would cause the universe to explode if somebody just did it totally right in one damn figure.

Like the Predator1. It should have been the ultimate Pred. Everything was looking great, but it has the wrong lenses in the helmet (forgivable) and it's now the shortest Predator, hardly bigger than Dutch (unforgivable). What is the friggin' deal?

Back