Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hathaway was terrible. Not sexy like Pfeiffer was at all.

I'm quite shocked that Hathaway is 30. Yes, they were both a year younger. At times seeing her in the film it made me think she was 21 - 24. Even the scene at the end it felt like Bale was sitting with someone who was 16 years younger. Not 9 years younger.

Where as Michael Keaton was 40 and Pfeiffer 33. Yet they looked similar.

Hathaway was terrible. Not sexy like Pfeiffer was at all.
Hathaway was better than I thought she would be (my expectations of her were really low), but like you said, she wasn't nearly as sexy as Pfeiffer was. Only remotly sexy part was the "cat got your tongue?" scene, everything else was meh. However, Hathaway had the thief aspect down which was missing from Pfeiffer's otherwise perfect performance.

They should just give up the license and hand it over to enterbay or blitzway.

Ha. HT would prefer to see a license they have die before it ever begins rather than give it away to someone else

I fixed Hot Toys announce poster for them...

Sallah

You forgot the footnote: Unless WB goes back and retroactively inserts Iron-Man. In which case, Coming This May!!!

Post these on HT facebook :lecture

Gawd, even Batman can't get a look-in with the HT Iron Man bandwagon, what hope do other yet to be revealed licenses and figures have.

Post these on HT facebook :lecture

Gawd, even Batman can't get a look-in with the HT Iron Man bandwagon, what hope do other yet to be revealed licenses and figures have.
:goodpost::exactly:
and by the time they show all the IM armors and go back to do diecast ones, Avengers 2 and IM4 will be on the way :slap

Lol the last non iron man post on HT facebook was the 28th of feb lol. Sadly posting the pic on FB would just get over looked :(. That singer fella was posted on the 14th but other than that it's been dominated by IM :gah::gah:. I want a MP catwoman and penguin DAMMIT HOT TOYS

I bet this line was dropped.

Even though the '89 version was a huge success, why would they bother making an armored Keaton Batman when you can make another armor clad hero?

Iron_Batman_by_K4IS3RxKH40S.jpg

I was hoping that this would be announced by the time the 1989 Batmobile gets released. But we still haven't seen backstage pictures even.

Maybe HT is not putting this on priority knowing that it would sell decently anyway, and afterall, we've waited 2 decades for this, that they think a couple more years won't hurt, so...

... they made ones that they're not sure would sell unless released before or soon after the showing of the movie it's based from -- like GI Joe.

Both the DX 08 and DX 09 are still readily available, as is the Christopher Reeve Superman. I think its safe to assume that the interest in these older movies isn't as high outside of these boards. If the DX09 had sold out Im sure we'd we would have something from returns by now.

Anne will be forgotten, nearly is now anyway.

Michelle IS Catwoman.

That's so stupid. :slap

Pfeiffer and Hathaway portrayed two very different characters, representing two fundamentally different interpretations of a comic book character who has been depicted in so many different ways.

Hathaway was the independent, morally gray anti-heroine who follows her own path but is, deep down, fundamentally decent - the Catwoman of the past 20 years.

Pfeiffer was the sexual, self-destructive villain, searching for identity - more akin to portrayals in the years before the modern era than Hathaway was.

Neither interpretation is Catwoman any more than the other, just as neither actress is Catwoman any more than the other.

It saddens me how so many fans of some of these movies have such terrible tastes in cinema and are so blinded by their devotion to one interpretation that they fail to see the wonderful merits of any others.

Both the DX 08 and DX 09 are still readily available, as is the Christopher Reeve Superman. I think its safe to assume that the interest in these older movies isn't as high outside of these boards. If the DX09 had sold out Im sure we'd we would have something from returns by now.

The DX09 did sell out, everywhere. So did Reeve Supes.

Anne will be forgotten, nearly is now anyway.

Michelle IS Catwoman.

eyeroll.gif

That's so stupid. :slap

Pfeiffer and Hathaway portrayed two very different characters, representing two fundamentally different interpretations of a comic book character who has been depicted in so many different ways.

Hathaway was the independent, morally gray anti-heroine who follows her own path but is, deep down, fundamentally decent - the Catwoman of the past 20 years.

Pfeiffer was the sexual, self-destructive villain, searching for identity - more akin to portrayals in the years before the modern era than Hathaway was.

Neither interpretation is Catwoman any more than the other, just as neither actress is Catwoman any more than the other.

It saddens me how so many fans of some of these movies have such terrible tastes in cinema and are so blinded by their devotion to one interpretation that they fail to see the wonderful merits of any others.

:goodpost::exactly:

I think Hathaway did an amazing job, very hard to forget. Her and Heath Ledgers performance were the best part of the Nolan movies IMO. I have the Hathaway Catwoman on PO and I'm looking forward to having her on my shelf. If and when they make a Batman Returns Catwoman I will be one of the 1st to PO.

The DX09 did sell out, everywhere. So did Reeve Supes.

Sold out where? In China and Hong Kong they are readily available, at knock down prices. I can buy three brand new Reeve Superman's for the same price as a DX11. They may have sold out in the States, but as time goes by it becomes more obvious to me that HT cares more about the asian market.

Are you talking about places like Toy Hunters?

Aren't they always well stocked? What figures have sold out over there? I've seen pictures where it looks like they have boxes upon boxes of figures. And yeah, all three of them sold out in stores in the United States and Canada.

Back