Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold out where? In China and Hong Kong they are readily available, at knock down prices. I can buy three brand new Reeve Superman's for the same price as a DX11. They may have sold out in the States, but as time goes by it becomes more obvious to me that HT cares more about the asian market.

I can confirm this. I just went on vacation to Hong Kong and Shanghai. Checked out both of these cities for Hot Toys. Superman Reeves was in most of the stores readily available at a reasonable price. Batman was all gone.

Are you talking about places like Toy Hunters?

Aren't they always well stocked? What figures have sold out over there? I've seen pictures where it looks like they have boxes upon boxes of figures. And yeah, all three of them sold out in stores in the United States and Canada.

Toy hunter is the distributor retail shop which is owned by HT, they usually won't have much retail in stock items as most items are for POs. I think they increased the deposits for PO not long ago since most buyers didn't end up picking up their PO stuffs for the ones that are flooding the market, which are Micon Bruce Lees, Sweeney Todd, Tracker Predator, Indy DX05, Supes, Odin and a few others. Those, you can still buy em I guess.

Heck, they even went back against their word and resell the Bruce Lee body (which was supposedly an exclusive item and said that won't be sold retail), which I'm guessing are taken out from the unredeemed M icon Brucee Lee full sets and try to minimize their loss.

Reeve Superman sucks
Keaton Batman sucks
Nicholson Joker sucks
89 Batmobile sucked
Their movies sucked

HT shouldn't deal with those crappy licenses.

Get rid of them.

Car cancelled, great success.

Last edited:
Are you talking about places like Toy Hunters?
Aren't they always well stocked? What figures have sold out over there? I've seen pictures where it looks like they have boxes upon boxes of figures. And yeah, all three of them sold out in stores in the United States and Canada.

You couldn't be farther from the truth. Toy Hunters has nothing available unless you preordered. Those boxes upon boxes are held for distribution or preorders. On hand they only had the City Hunters, Metal Gear and other not so in demand figures available. If you ever plan on going to HK, Toy Hunters would be the last place to go if your hoping to catch up on your collection. "In's point plaza" is the place to go. Personally for me, Toy Hunters is over-rated.

Reeve Superman sucks
Keaton Batman sucks
Nicholson Joker sucks
89 Batmobile sucked
Their movies sucked

HT shouldn't deal with those crappy licenses.

Get rid of them.

Car cancelled.

Huh??? Care to elaborate. Are you referring to the movies or the figures?

I'm sure this has been talked about but what general interest is there in a Batman Forever Robin? I know I'd love one, and honestly I liked the Kilmer costume a lot too (the standard one, not the silver nipply one).

You couldn't be farther from the truth. Toy Hunters has nothing available unless you preordered. Those boxes upon boxes are held for distribution or preorders. On hand they only had the City Hunters, Metal Gear and other not so in demand figures available. If you ever plan on going to HK, Toy Hunters would be the last place to go if your hoping to catch up on your collection. "In's point plaza" is the place to go. Personally for me, Toy Hunters is over-rated.

I dunno.

I saw pictures of this one store in China that had tons of figures on shelves and below figure displays. They were all in brown hot toys mailer boxes. I thought it was Toy Hunters, maybe it wasn't. Toy Sapiens maybe?

I dunno.

I saw pictures of this one store in China that had tons of figures on shelves and below figure displays. They were all in brown hot toys mailer boxes. I thought it was Toy Hunters, maybe it wasn't. Toy Sapiens maybe?

Yeah that's Toy Hunters, but 99% of those figures were bought well before release and are just awaiting collection. You can still buy the Reeves Superman there, and the '89 Batman figures are in plentiful supply at other stores around Hong Kong. I really wouldn't be surprised if HT doesn't see much value in Batman Returns any more. I thought the 89 figures would be just as successful as the Nolan figures, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Batman getting bumped for wave after wave of iron man/war machine rehashes. Sighhhhhhh. Just give up the liscence and let someone take a shot at it already

Batman getting bumped for wave after wave of iron man/war machine rehashes. Sighhhhhhh. Just give up the liscence and let someone take a shot at it already

27ymrea.gif

1exe6q.gif

Anne will be forgotten, nearly is now anyway.

Michelle IS Catwoman.

I think Hathaway did an amazing job, very hard to forget. Her and Heath Ledgers performance were the best part of the Nolan movies IMO. I have the Hathaway Catwoman on PO and I'm looking forward to having her on my shelf. If and when they make a Batman Returns Catwoman I will be one of the 1st to PO.

Anne's Cat is the first time on film, across any period, regardless of whichever actress, that has shown her specifically as a secret thief.

Yes the '66 Cat stole loads of things but that version made sure the whole world knew about it. There was no stealth...or even camp jokey attempts at stealth.

Michelle's Cat, whilst being a stunning portrayal, was not CATWOMAN. She was the insane, female version of BATMAN that was needed to make the character work within film context.

Last edited:
Michelle's Cat, whilst being a stunning portrayal, was not CATWOMAN. She was the insane, female version of BATMAN that was needed to make the character work within film context.

I have to disagree slightly here. I wouldn't say Pfeiffer's version isn't Catwoman and doesn't pay homage to certain aspects of the character... it just doesn't portray the burglar portion. Other aspects from the character's history are there: Physical trauma as a means to creating the Catwoman persona (portrayed in the 50's origin of the character), abusive men as a catalyst (portrayed in both the Earth 2 and somewhat Miller Year One versions), and of course the romantic tension between her and Batman (which is really the core of the character's importance to the mythos).

In my eyes, the thief aspect of the character is a relatively small part of what makes Catwoman "Catwoman", and Pfeiffer's version is still plenty "Catwoman" without it.

Again, just my opinion though. :)

Sallah

I have to disagree slightly here. I wouldn't say Pfeiffer's version isn't Catwoman and doesn't pay homage to certain aspects of the character... it just doesn't portray the burglar portion. Other aspects from the character's history are there: Physical trauma as a means to creating the Catwoman persona (portrayed in the 50's origin of the character), abusive men as a catalyst (portrayed in both the Earth 2 and somewhat Miller Year One versions), and of course the romantic tension between her and Batman (which is really the core of the character's importance to the mythos).

In my eyes, the thief aspect of the character is a relatively small part of what makes Catwoman "Catwoman", and Pfeiffer's version is still plenty "Catwoman" without it.

Again, just my opinion though. :)

Sallah

OK, I'll revise that to...she was all of the aspects of the character that were required by the plot, such as it was at the time.

Back