Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few days ago there was a tease from Plastic Enemies on Facebook. He's a photography that provides hobby articles for a Hong Kong magazine. Usually he writes about upcoming announcements both from Hot Toys and Enterbay. Sometimes it's figures that companies just recently announced or a new exclusive reveal.

A few days ago there was a tease from Plastic Enemies on Facebook. He's a photography that provides hobby articles for a Hong Kong magazine. Usually he writes about upcoming announcements both from Hot Toys and Enterbay. Sometimes it's figures that companies just recently announced or a new exclusive reveal.
Hopefully Hot Toys will get off of the Iron Man wagon, and will announce something soon, instead of teasing us more than a year ago now.:horror

Batman will not return to this discussion until protos are revealed! :cuss

haha! yeah this thread got way off topic the last month or so, no help to me. On that facebook page for plastic enemies, I did see the Returns suit photo with an announcement they will show "it" in a few days, whatever that means..

It's beyond painful - this whole HT cycle of ambiguity.

****ing.

Painful. :lol

But! :lecture

Whinging can be fun - especially when it's a running gag with no end in sight. :lol

Seriously though - mk6million&53 Starkman - PeePee Potty Potts - Mandarine - blah blah blah.. it's ruining everything. :lol

:monkey2

It's beyond painful - this whole HT cycle of ambiguity.

****ing.

Painful. :lol

But! :lecture

Whinging can be fun - especially when it's a running gag with no end in sight. :lol

Seriously though - mk6million&53 Starkman - PeePee Potty Potts - Mandarine - blah blah blah.. it's ruining everything. :lol

:monkey2

Agreed. The only ironman movie figure i will ever buy is the die cast whiplash. Havent bought any iron man and wont have them on my shelf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If they could make one definitive-look Iron Man whose panties and neck won't turn pink I'd consider buying one (1) for my superhero shelf.

If they could make one definitive-look Iron Man whose panties and neck won't turn pink I'd consider buying one (1) for my superhero shelf.

I have Marks 1-7, plus Monger, Whiplash, Mech Test, War Machine, etc. Pretty much one of everything IM-related up through Avengers... and I am seriously so sick of seeing HT IM stuff that I am considering selling mine. I didn't like IM3, and already told myself I wasn't buying anything from that film (given the added fact of the Diecast money grab)... but the endless glut of Iron Man releases has almost soured me on even looking at anything Hot Toys has ever done with the character.

As it stands now, they are all boxed up and awaiting new cases, and I haven't missed looking at them. Maybe one day when the IM gravy train runs dry, I'll find new appreciation for them again. But for now... HT Iron Man stuff is doing nothing for me.

Sallah

I have Marks 1-7, plus Monger, Whiplash, Mech Test, War Machine, etc. Pretty much one of everything IM-related up through Avengers... and I am seriously so sick of seeing HT IM stuff that I am considering selling mine. I didn't like IM3, and already told myself I wasn't buying anything from that film (given the added fact of the Diecast money grab)... but the endless glut of Iron Man releases has almost soured me on even looking at anything Hot Toys has ever done with the character.

As it stands now, they are all boxed up and awaiting new cases, and I haven't missed looking at them. Maybe one day when the IM gravy train runs dry, I'll find new appreciation for them again. But for now... HT Iron Man stuff is doing nothing for me.

Sallah

And it's a real shame too.

I feel pretty much the same way Sallah. The truth is that IM is one of the best looking figures available at the 1:6 scale. I have the new Mk-4 that came with the gantry set and he is a spectacular looking piece (fading issues aside for just a moment) and the Mk-7 and Mk-42 on the way, so my range is not anything like as large as yours but I too have this malaise over anymore, new IM figures.

To me it's the first truly obvious (ie marching bands, flares, flags and banners) shameless indicator that HT is really profiteering/gouging from the IM range in the most blatantly vulgar way. I get it totally that a company is in business to make money but this really is taking the piss. I mean, let's do some quick sums...

Average price for an IM figure...let's say approx $240(US). So $240 x 42 armours = $10,100 IM figures.

Over 10 grand for all the marks. Who has the a) money b) Space c) patience d) determination to get them all? It is just ridiculous.

I'm afraid HT sees everythng BUT IM a fringe license- well Batman maybe not- but BR....maybe. They might take another 1-2 years to get this going......it just isn't worth the aggravation getting all excited because HT announces a license...

And it's a real shame too.

I feel pretty much the same way Sallah. The truth is that IM is one of the best looking figures available at the 1:6 scale. I have the new Mk-4 that came with the gantry set and he is a spectacular looking piece (fading issues aside for just a moment) and the Mk-7 and Mk-42 on the way, so my range is not anything like as large as yours but I too have this malaise over anymore, new IM figures.

To me it's the first truly obvious (ie marching bands, flares, flags and banners) shameless indicator that HT is really profiteering/gouging from the IM range in the most blatantly vulgar way. I get it totally that a company is in business to make money but this really is taking the piss. I mean, let's do some quick sums...

Average price for an IM figure...let's say approx $240(US). So $240 x 42 armours = $10,100 IM figures.

Over 10 grand for all the marks. Who has the a) money b) Space c) patience d) determination to get them all? It is just ridiculous.

And that is just counting 1 release of each Mark (which I am not sure if they ever will fully cover... but it sure does look like it is heading that way)- There is also the repaints (Secret Project, Gray Mk III), different versions (battle damaged Mk 3 & 7, Avengers Mk 6, Armor Unleashed Mk 2, Mk 1 2.0, etc), multiple Tony Starks (Mech Test, MK 42 test, "MacGuyver" version) other armored characters (War Machine, Milk War Machine, War Machine IM3, Iron Patriot, Iron Monger, Armored Whiplash), & the other human characters (Whiplash, Black Widow, Pepper, & *ahem* "Mandarin"). It just seems ENDLESS... If I was an avid collector of HT Iron Man still, I think it would be too much of a good thing.

Yet Batman Returns just sits there... :(

Sallah

Last edited:
And that is just counting 1 release of each Mark (which I am not sure if they ever will fully cover... but it sure does look like it is heading that way)- There is also the repaints (Secret Project, Gray Mk III), different versions (battle damaged Mk 3 & 7, Avengers Mk 6, Armor Unleashed Mk 2, Mk 1 2.0, etc), multiple Tony Starks (Mech Test, MK 42 test, "MacGuyver" version) other armored characters (War Machine, Milk War Machine, War Machine IM3, Iron Patriot, Iron Monger, Armored Whiplash), & the other human characters (Whiplash, Black Widow, Pepper, & *ahem* "Mandarin"). It just seems ENDLESS... If I was an avid collector of HT Iron Man still, I think it would be too much of a good thing.

Yet Batman Returns just sits there... :(

Sallah

:lol I had to read your post twice there Sallah, because just for am moment I thought I read "....refrigerated Cola Machine, Cold Milk Machine..." :slap

:rotfl

I don't much care for the Returns suit - much prefer the '89 suit myself - but I've got to admit this would make a pretty nice figure:

attachment.php

Here is my problem with the Batman Returns license. The longer we wait, the more Hot Toys gets paid!! Last year 89 Batman was about $220. There is no way that HT's will charge $220 for a DX Returns version.

HT's knows they are making money by delaying this line. The longer we wait, the more Hot Toys gets paid!!

Back