Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2000 + posts in this thing and the only image we have is of a 20 year old poster with photoshopped text from Hot Toys. :lol

2000 + posts in this thing and the only image we have is of a 20 year old poster with photoshopped text from Hot Toys. :lol
As you've said yourself though mate.. there's no rhyme or reason to what they do.

They could spring anything on us at ANY time.. & that'd be the kicker. :lol

Specifically for me though, I'm waiting on actual PO announcements from a few of their on the shelf lines, so if they get cute on me - I'm screwed. :gah:

Batman Returns is a masterpiece in my book! The art of Gotham and the approach of Burton in a way of gothic mixture with art-deco is top-notch. It is the ultimate Batman movie which is very close to the comics in every aspect. I like Nolan's trilogy but it is not the Batman whom I love! These 3 movies are just like a crime masterpieces which are directed by Michael Mann! I really hope to hear something fresh from Hot Toys about Batman Returns line...

Suggest amendment to thread title: Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License (and then **** off on us to make nothing but Iron Man)

I wish they had a legit QnA or something like Hasbro, Art Asylum, NECA, Mattel, etc. etc. The thing that irks me is the lack of communication. They just drop things off and abandon them most times. That "Hot Toys Community" gives out more info and they're not even associated with them. :lol

I know there's that communication barrier but certainly folks in Asia and China feel the same way?

Even that doesn't acurrately reflect their unpredictably unpredictable business model.

:lol

I'm laughing right now instead of crying.

Now granted, I haven't been in this hobby for very long at all, but I'm starting to realize that while these figures are expensive and all that, the delays are close to being the worst part of it. :mad:

And I used to think myself a rather patient man.

I wish they had a legit QnA or something like Hasbro, Art Asylum, NECA, Mattel, etc. etc. The thing that irks me is the lack of communication. They just drop things off and abandon them most times. That "Hot Toys Community" gives out more info and they're not even associated with them. :lol

I know there's that communication barrier but certainly folks in Asia and China feel the same way?
Yeah.. a Q&A. :lol

Can you imagine? No matter what the question - the answer would be, "..aaaaand DEN!!?"

:lol

Did you see this custom??

https://greggocustoms.blogspot.com.es/2012/05/full-custom-penguin-from-batman-returns.html

IMG_5383.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. But I think the smiling sculpt it better and has a stronger likeness to Devito, not that this one doesn't.

They also did a fantastic giant skull head biker dude from Returns. It's just about perfect.

Even that doesn't acurrately reflect their unpredictably unpredictable business model.

If you look at what they've done over the years, it's quite baffling. As a toy company with a big franchise license, we normally see a complete set of figures from anyone else covering the property. Not with HT, they just give us a couple of figures at best (unless it's IM or Nolans Bats) then move on. I know these are high end products but all the same, as a company you're privileged enough to get a film licence, how about doing it and the fans justice by releasing a full set occasionally? What they employ is a scatter gun approach;buy up all the best/popular licences then blast out a couple of figures and move on. #shabby

If you look at what they've done over the years, it's quite baffling. As a toy company with a big franchise license, we normally see a complete set of figures from anyone else covering the property. Not with HT, they just give us a couple of figures at best (unless it's IM or Nolans Bats) then move on. I know these are high end products but all the same, as a company you're privileged enough to get a film licence, how about doing it and the fans justice by releasing a full set occasionally? What they employ is a scatter gun approach;buy up all the best/popular licences then blast out a couple of figures and move on. #shabby

Actually, I would say that the majority of Hot Toys releases consisted of a rather full lineup. Take into account all the Terminator, Alien, and Predator figures, Rambo and Rocky in the beginning each got half a dozen figures a piece, Pirates had a bunch, hell, even the Spirit had 3 figures released.

I would say the only line that really got shafted was Platoon, as it is kind of glaring hole to not have Dafoe. Oh, and Watchmen too, that was another one that got shafted. Everything else, IMO, either had most if not all of the main characters released, or the license really only warranted a single figure, like Godfather or 300.

Now, their constant announcing of licenses and then never doing anything with them at all is another issue entirely. I want my Batman Returns figures.

It's kind of hard to get mad at them for not doing a complete line if they think it won't sell or if the first figure released didn't do well enough to warrant any new figures.
Although I can't really speak for Watchmen and Platoon. I don't know how well they did. I'll say those Platoon figures are fantastic though.So is the Comedian. Silk Spectre, not so much. Well, it actually depends on that one. It takes a master futzer to make her look good.

The Platoon line didn't sell as well as it could have because people knew in advance that HT likely wouldn't complete the core trio. They held off on buying Taylor and Barnes because of that fear. It was a self fulfilling prophecy in the end.

It would have been awesome if they release those three all at once. I think most people could live with just those three from that line. Such a pity. Taylor and Barnes are fantastic figures. The Barnes sculpt is right up there with the best HT has to other sculpt/likeness wise in my opinion. I would have loved to have seen a Rorschach figure from them. Actually, I think I would have liked to see that whole line. It would have been an awesome display with all those interesting costumes.

Back