Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but based on my experience, HT pleather has gotten worse, not better.

To use Jack Sparrow as an example, the pleather they used on the original At World's End and Dead Man's Chest figures is still looking like new on the ones I have. However, the belts on my DX06 began to crack after just a few years. And as you mentioned, we have numerous other examples of HT pleather not being the good quality kind like ANH Han boots and ANH Chewie crossbody bag.

I would say DamToys Assassin's Creed figures are using some really good quality pleather as I've completely disrobed them to put it all back together and nothing has come apart in all the years I've had them.
Interesting stuff here.
Do you mean that HT ANH Han & Chewbie are standing the test of time?
I am not sure about that. I don't keep scores on the issue, but if memory serves, I'd say I have seen a fair number of instances of those boots and crossbody bag crumbling to dust since their release... Am I correct? Is there a consensus on this?

To those in the room more knowledgeable than me on Artisan Ani, for the price tag, isn't he carrying real leather everywhere?

Thx.

The only thing new on artisan Anakin is the head and rooted hair, the usb lightsaber and stand I would not count as new or unique. Strange since Joker gets a full new sculpt, two "expressions" with tongue vs teeth and a fully redone body and clothes. Then again joker was around $100 more.

Just dropping back into this thread to see if there were any updates.
Remember when HT got the SW license? Anakin was slated to be the first figure. However, they moved towards Bespin Luke to reach more of the universal audience.
I think it's awesome that Anakin will be the "first Artisan" figure in a long line of many.

Technically Joker was the first one but yes for star wars Anakin is first out of the gate. Personally it is with any future OT artisans where my wallet will get nervous.

Interesting stuff here.
I think you read my post wrong. No they aren’t standing the test of time. My ANH Han boots began cracking about a year ago as well as Chewie’s crossbody bag began flaking. I don’t tend to have pleather issues so it was a bit surprising to see that which has gotten more interested in having real leather good where possible.

I am not sure about that. I don't keep scores on the issue, but if memory serves, I'd say I have seen a fair number of instances of those boots and crossbody bag crumbling to dust since their release... Am I correct? Is there a consensus on this?
Yes that is correct.
To those in the room more knowledgeable than me on Artisan Ani, for the price tag, isn't he carrying real leather everywhere?

Thx.
No, Artisan Anakin is not using real leather anywhere unless they change it in production which is doubtful. Currently, it’s just the MMS figure with a new headsculpt, rooted hair, usb lightsaber and a new base.

I think you read my post wrong. No they aren’t standing the test of time. My ANH Han boots began cracking about a year ago as well as Chewie’s crossbody bag began flaking. I don’t tend to have pleather issues so it was a bit surprising to see that which has gotten more interested in having real leather good where possible.

Yes that is correct.

No, Artisan Anakin is not using real leather anywhere unless they change it in production which is doubtful. Currently, it’s just the MMS figure with a new headsculpt, rooted hair, usb lightsaber and a new base.
Ok, thanks.

Interesting stuff here.

Thx.
My chewy and Han are holding up great. The “leather“ are looking great. There’s no sign of cracking or degradation whatsoever. I live in Wisconsin, and I have been keeping them in detolfs the whole time I use a duster or compressed air to keep the dust off of them Periodically.

IMG_9244.jpeg
IMG_9245.jpeg
IMG_9246.jpeg
IMG_9247.jpeg
img_9248-jpeg.695431
IMG_9249.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9248.jpeg
    IMG_9248.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 275
My chewy and Han are holding up great. The “leather“ are looking great. There’s no sign of cracking or degradation whatsoever. I live in Wisconsin, and I have been keeping them in detolfs the whole time I use a duster or compressed air to keep the dust off of them Periodically.

View attachment 695427View attachment 695428View attachment 695429View attachment 695430
img_9248-jpeg.695431
View attachment 695432
Awesome news indeed.
I hope that pleather will last for a very long time yet.

I’ve never had any issues with HT pleather and neither has a majority of people.

I think the outrage over pleather is overblown tbh. If you keep them out of direct sunlight and in a temperature/humidity controlled area then you shouldn’t have issues for a long long time or at all.

Some people just stick their figures on a shelf right by their window and complain that it’s been damaged by the sun.

Out of sunlight is definitively the big one, then humidity. I got some pleather items over ten years old that looks like new, but it's not hot toys and I know it's high quality when I bought it.

Back