Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that... I am just saying it probably wasn't a good idea to list a preorder to begin with when the situation seemed so odd.

Sideshow sent us the email as a "Last Call" on Anakin at around 7:00 PM EST Tuesday. (your post saying it was up was around 2 hours later... so they listed it shortly after they got the email).

It was very bizarre to get the email in the first place because we only get those as retailers after an item has been in the wholesale portal for an extended time. Anakin Artisan was NEVER listed in the wholesale portal, so a "Last Call" notice made no sense to begin with. And when you went in the portal, he still was not listed in there at the time of the "Last Call" notice. *SS Exclusive pieces are never in the portal actually. We can't order any of those as wholesalers... so none of us should have expected Anakin to be any different.

So there were many red flags on why this was likely a mistake by Sideshow and it probably wasn't a good idea to start taking orders for it before SS sent any kind of confirmation that any of us were actually getting product (especially given that only 3k were made and the botchamania sellout they had on their site). Heck- Even if it was legit, the numbers are so limited that there would have been no way they could have honored all the wholesale requests they likely got flooded with.

So again, it is a huge blunder by Sideshow for sure... but a retailer that knows the process should have seen it as a mistake and not started accepting orders before they got confirm on their order in my opinion.
I see your point, he could have placed the order and waited for confirmation before posting it for everyone to see. There were other POs that went up at the same time, was also just bad timing.

Nobody's fault, none the less still disappointing. Thank you for posting anyway, was lucky enough to see it at the right time even though didn't work out. The Force wants me to have this so it will eventually happen, just a matter of when lol.

So no new body and costume for this like Joker, just the extra saber and new sculpt+hair? Kind of low effort tbh, still looks good and explains the "low" price vs the Joker with his Frankenstein features

Yes, it is an exclusive which is normally only available through Sideshow or direct from HT. But, in this instance, the fault still lies with Sideshow considering Sideshow were the ones who notified Toys2 that they would be allowed a certain amount of the Artisan Anakin for sale. Then, 10hrs later they tell them, "oops, my bad we goofed! you don't get any and have to cancel any orders that were placed." It's not like Toys2 put it up for PO on a whim without any causation.

The fault lies with the Sideshow employee who had too much to drink and said, “Hey wouldn’t it be funny if…”

But I agree with sallah that the retailer should’ve felt something was way off.

Very strange sitch either way.

So no new body and costume for this like Joker, just the extra saber and new sculpt+hair? Kind of low effort tbh, still looks good and explains the "low" price vs the Joker with his Frankenstein features

The original came with the additional lightsaber. Main attraction is the new sculpt and wool hair. USB lightsaber too. Possibly improved materials for the pleather parts but unconfirmed; just unfortunate it’s not leather.

From what we know the only thing that really makes this set “artisan” is the wool hair. The sculpt, USB, any material improvements, etc. would’ve happened with a standard release as well.

IMG_3371.jpeg
IMG_3372.jpeg

You know, I could forgive sideshow for the fact that my number in line shifted dramatically. I can even forgive them for booting me out back to the line after I got in, added to cart, and started checking out. What I can't forgive is their BS "reserved cart" system. I was lucky enough to get back in after being booted back to the line, but it sold out a moment before I finalized the checkout. Their cart reservation thing is a joke. Even when they do their "warehouse finds" and such, it's terrible that your cart is "reserved" for 5 minutes and then the items gone. When you only take 15 seconds. I really wish that they could fix that.

Even though I know it's not really holding my item after so many years of going through this, I just wish they would either make it actually work or do away with it completely. I mean if I'm buying concert tickets, my tickets are held for that short reservation period of time while I check out. It would be nice if Sideshow could make it work like that.

❗Guys, if you still want the Artisan Anakin, toys2.net (Toy Square as we call them) has it now for preorder. $450 USD is the price.

They get their stock directly from HK and have a physical store in Ontario Canada.

The owner is also super nice I’ve been there many times. They also don’t charge you the full amount for PO, only a pre-authorization, then the charge will get reverted.

This Anakin does require a $200 USD NRD, however.
Still waiting on them to refund me for my order, I paid the full amount 507.00 they never took deposit just full amount. Kind of weird I haven't been refunded yet and order was canceled within 24hrs. Been almost a week and nothing.

Still waiting on them to refund me for my order, I paid the full amount 507.00 they never took deposit just full amount. Kind of weird I haven't been refunded yet and order was canceled within 24hrs. Been almost a week and nothing.
So I just tried checking out with my cart to see what the issue is, there is only one option to place your order and that is with Credit Card via Moneris. They will place a pre authorization on your credit card, it appears as a pending transaction and for me it disappears usually in a few days. It’s not an actual charge. There is no option to pay in full. Check your credit card and see if the original $507 status is pending. It should say that if it’s still showing up and will delete itself depending on how long the credit card company takes. If you’ve actually been charged, call up your credit card company to cancel it.
1696175795243.jpeg

Last edited:
Weird, mine however was paid in full and charged, "not pending "called my card money is not there if I look at transactions has the 507.00 charged, nothing pending
20231001_102622.jpg

Weird, mine however was paid in full and charged, "not pending "called my card money is not there if I look at transactions has the 507.00 charged, nothing pending View attachment 666221
That is weird, try calling Toys2 during their store hours they will be able to refund.

My preorders all say “Pre-authorized” only the ones I paid in full say “Paid.”

Make sure you give them the order number and payment status.

I've been checking my CC account daily since the cancellation from Toys2 and it shows the charge as "Pending" but hasn't gone through. These usually go away so I'm not too miffed about it. Though, I would like the "pending" change to go away sooner than later. It seems like it's taking longer than normal. If it doesn't go away by the end of this week, I'll just give them a call to manually cancel it.

Agreed... but at the same time, the retailer has to take some responsibility too. We got the same email from SS at our shop. And of course, we immediately replied that we would take some- but we also reasoned it was likely an error since the figure was so limited and sold out immediately. So we didn't start taking preorders the second we got that email. We decided to wait until our order was actually confirmed by them (which it obviously wasn't).

It was a bonehead move on SS part for sure- but retailers also have to use a little common sense in these matters as well or risk disappointing their customers.
Yup, I totally agree with you in that there should've been someone at Toys2 questioning whether that was legit or not, then clarifying with Sideshow before putting it live on their site to order. The initial fault still lies with Sideshow though which was my main point.

So I tried calling today and can't get a call to go through every time I call it just ends call doesn't even ring, I sent them email hopefully get a reply soon, called bank as well and they said no credit or pending credit. Bad experience so far.

So I tried calling today and can't get a call to go through every time I call it just ends call doesn't even ring, I sent them email hopefully get a reply soon, called bank as well and they said no credit or pending credit. Bad experience so far.
Google says their hours are 12-6pm EST, today’s a Holiday in Canada, but they might be open

I wouldn't pay anything above the original price. I have the 1st release and he still looks great to me every time I look at him on the shelf with Rex and a 501st Trooper.

I was on the fence with this but decided I'd give it a try to get one, what a joke that turned into.. :lol I figured If I decided I didn't like the routed hair and not wanting to take on a new hobby of being a dolly hairstylist, I could easily sell it off. And if I liked it I could still sell the original as this will most likely not hurt demand for the 1st release unless HT decides to do a non rooted hair version as well. Which is pretty likely when the 20th Anniv hits in 2005.

I am curious to see what this thing sells for on the secondary market after release. There are some crazy collectors out there.

I wouldn't pay much above retail if at all. Maybe $100 more or less.

I'm fine with my original ROTS version and will be fine when they inevitably make a sculpted hair version with this new sculpt, though I'll still be bitter about not having the rooted version. If/when they make another rooted hair version down the road, I'll try to get that when the time comes.

However, much like @loki2371 mentioned above, I still like the way the original looks on the shelf.

Last edited:
I have both regular and DS Ani. Have this on sale too. Always good to have extra in case of deterioration. At the same time I’m curious to see how high this artisan goes. My most anticipated release of next year lol.

I ended up paying around 200.00 over retail but that would be the most, and what I think is fair. I've never been into buying just to resell. I think messed up to screw over people that actually really wanted. Guess just depends how bad someone wants it and how much they can really afford to spend. Just glad I was able to find for what I think was reasonable price.

Back