Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was lucky and snagged one for a friend who’s a massive Anakin fan, and she was trying too, and missed it. She decided that from this point forward she’s referring to Sideshow as Sh*tshow — I think it’s a fitting name for them, and now just need to come up with a horrible, but fitting, name for Hot Toys after this BS.

I was lucky and snagged one for a friend who’s a massive Anakin fan, and she was trying too, and missed it. She decided that from this point forward she’s referring to Sideshow as Sh*tshow — I think it’s a fitting name for them, and now just need to come up with a horrible, but fitting, name for Hot Toys after this BS.
Hey, it’s me, your friend.

Welp, we didnt even have the chance to get in queue so i'm wishing that anakin gets some decent appearance on the ahsoka show and somewhat warrants enough to get an figure for his ahsoha appearance. Hope they reuse the HS on this for a Sculpted hair version too

Just read the last 20 pages. What a **** show. Lol

damn ********  gif.gif

Welp, we didnt even have the chance to get in queue so i'm wishing that anakin gets some decent appearance on the ahsoka show and somewhat warrants enough to get a figure for his ahsoha appearance. Hope they reuse the HS on this for a Sculpted hair version too
This and don’t forget the 20th anniversary of ROTS ..I can see evil darkside Anakin being already discussed if not already in the works by HT

At least two more Anakins in the pipe, very surprised if they both don't use this headsculpt.

Sh!tshow & Hot Pie…a buddy cop movie!

Btw, does anyone know why the Sh!tshow queue says that people will be placed in line randomly, but also gives you a count of where you are in line? Is it just me or does that seem like double talk?
Hope SS and HT don’t use this as an overall business model. I have way too many figures and way less time now than I use to to deal with this tbh. Was probably around 27 when this was popular. Now I’m one wife, two kids older and just don’t need this in my life 😉🤷🏾‍♂️

Btw, does anyone know why the Sh!tshow queue says that people will be placed in line randomly, but also gives you a count of where you are in line? Is it just me or does that seem like double talk?
Because that number shown to you was assigned randomly. I joined 15 minutes early and my friend joined 2 minutes before and was ahead of me in the queue.

The only differences between the Joker queue and Anakin queue were they paused the line at the start, they gave updates in the queue for Anakin, and after adding to cart you were put in a queue to wait your turn to pay.

I logged in 8 minutes before and once it went live it said line was paused. I didn't touch anything and just let it sit. Then they randomly assigned me a number of 489 but the line was still paused. Few minutes after that they updated and said it would start at 9:15 PST. I continued to sit and wait, didn't click anything or refresh. Once the time hit, my number and estimated time started dropping. My turn came up, and it loaded up the page. I hit add to cart and then it sent me to another queue where I was 33 in line. I figured this was a queue to check out to avoid spinning and crashing if too many tried at once. Then a few minutes later it loaded me to my cart. I checked the agreement box and completed the purchase.

When they have the next one, DON'T refresh anything or click off the page once you are in the queue. I just wonder how much it was people getting antsy or impatient when they saw the line paused, or when they got in and dropped them into the checkout queue.

It's literally a lottery among the people present to queue at the time they decide to release. I got lucky with Joker at a sub 1000 number, and hit almost 3000 for Anakin so that didn't happen. Had secondary decives going that both had numbers above 8 and 10k both days, there was a lot of interest for these. I do not see other ways of doing these things tho besides just shock drop, but then bots become a more pressing issue.

I’m sure many of you already know this, but just throwing this out there. Genuine all leather ROTS Anakin attire runs about $590, minus the robe. Can’t imagine how much Hot Toys’ Anakin would be with authentic leather and upgraded accessories…
The Hot toys figure will more than likely be cheaper than that custom run of just clothing, even with full leather upgrade to the boots, tabards and maybe belt. The full artisan Joker figure was around the same price as the most current custom Joker clothing. The new Indiana Jones figure with real leather boots, whip and jacket is cheaper than most custom real leather Indy jackets. So don’t expect a full Anakin figure with real leather elements from HT (should they make one) to be more than the price of that custom clothing run.

That's one of the reasons **** processed food is cheaper then good non cancerous fresh food - mass production allows you to drop prices compared to custom products cause cost is spread on a much larger pool of product. Not saying hot toys and inart are cheap crap compared to custom options but it's the same mechanisms. They had to do something like this artisan line and apparently also lower stock on new figures if they want to stay relevant as a manufacturer of quality products not just available products. Strange then that pleather is still a thing, though I've personally yet to have any issues with mine after years and years, probably because I know how **** that material is and treat it accordingly, or they might use high quality pleather now wich is night and day from poor quality pleather. Good pleather is in some areas superior to real leather.

I’m sure many of you already know this, but just throwing this out there. Genuine all leather ROTS Anakin attire runs about $590, minus the robe. Can’t imagine how much Hot Toys’ Anakin would be with authentic leather and upgraded accessories…
View attachment 657173View attachment 657174

Hot Toys wouldn't cost much more for genuine leather, they're just lazy. You can also find custom leather tabards for under $100 elsewhere, some of these custom artists just love charging a **** ton because they know some collectors will buy anything because its expensive. I know those Leather strips didn't cost the artist more than $50 to make lol

I didn't get a Joker or Anakin (although I tried for both), but I admit that the lottery system was fair, and I'm happy for those that got one.

Back