Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so close...over 2,000 people in front of me when it went to wait list.
Oh well, I’m sure they’ll do a reissue of the sculpted hair version eventually, then a reissue of this rooted hair version, with new and improved goat hair or whatever crap they use 🤣

I didn’t expect to get it so I’m not too disappointed. I already have 3 ht anakin and aotc ordered. I expected dumpster fire and that what it was. I’m happy about the dewback and sand troopers so that enough for me.
THIS!!
I have the 3 PLUS Padawan on order.
Darkside is my fav,but I think Padawan looks epic.
Although I entered the lottery via Sugo toys in Oz to buy this figure,I missed out.
Today I was.doing shift work.,so missed the PO via SSC.

No biggy.

Excited to see inhand pics when people get it in.

I never have any luck with these types of queues. Popcultcha do them all the time and it would always be hours of wait time for me. I ended up at over 9000 for this one 😆
I am not too fussed as I have Darkside Anakin and will pick up the Padawan version. I do think this figure looks great with the rooted hair and sculpt looks incredibly realistic. Equal to the InArt Aragorn in my mind.

Honestly I was less about this because of the hair and more excited about the new sculpt with moving eyes. If they now release a plastic hair version using that sculpt under the Obi-Wan series line, I’d be content. At least people looking for the Joker had that second sculpted option.

I just don’t get why the Joker had 1k more units made and a sculpted version offered right on the heels of InArt releasing their version. I get that Hot Toys is trying to flex to show what they can make, what I don’t get are the number allocations. I get that SW is not a big seller in China, but the US was always going to blow up a lower edition Anakin with no second option.
Production limitations probably and Joker was given a prime spot since that’s the character InArt started this amazing with.

Duster. Or compressed air. Most rooted hair is so rigid it doesn’t collect much dust like clothing does. At least what’s in my collection.

How do you remove dust on artisan-hair figures?
Keep the heads on display like this.
1692437827087.jpeg

Just read the last 20 pages. What a **** show. Lol
Makes me glad I didn't even bother entering. I don't need this kind of stress with collecting.
If they don't make a sculpted version, at least I still got the Padawan version on PO.

I’m sure many of you already know this, but just throwing this out there. Genuine all leather ROTS Anakin attire runs about $590, minus the robe. Can’t imagine how much Hot Toys’ Anakin would be with authentic leather and upgraded accessories…
IMG_1130.jpeg
IMG_1131.jpeg

Pretty much. I lost $2000. :banghead
Absolutely devastating, I am so sorry. I was just scrolling through the DW thread. Any update on your bank or that UK law in getting those funds back back? I hope you keep trying if the initial response doesn't immediately reimburse that.

Back