Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much is too much for everyone when it comes to pricing?

I would say my limit may be around $400.

Mine will probably be around the same, maybe a bit less, like $375.

I have about $150 saved in Rewards that I was saving towards my next vehicle or PF purchase, that I might throw at him if I'm able to successfully get to the checkout screen.

How much is too much for everyone when it comes to pricing?

I would say my limit may be around $400.
If it ends up looking like the promo pics $600
If it ends up looking like the Sideshow floor model, $300

Edit: Going in blind for the PO, over $400 is too much

Last edited:
Let’s just take a moment to appreciate the response from InArt when the collecting community expressed their disapproval of locking the rooted, and most desired Joker figure behind a $1,000 paywall with such a short ordering window; they apologised, assured us they’d drop that approach moving forwards, and soon after were offering every possible combination with Battinson so collectors could pick and choose exactly what they wanted to own.

HT hears the masses desperately crying out to stop making very desirable figures limited exclusives and are just like-
View attachment 651958

And then a couple figures later they locked the rooted Harry Potter behind a giant diorama set 😅

And then a couple figures later they locked the rooted Harry Potter behind a giant diorama set 😅
That is true. Although that Potter release is my most anticipated figure ever and I loved the rooted with diorama base, they should have had four options for that one. Sculpted w/ or w/o base and rooted w/ or w/o base.

Not sure why they corrected this after Joker with The Batman and then went right back. Probably hurt some sales on that figure.

Bad hair day :

Nothing wrong with the hair that I could see. Are people thinking Anakin should have just stepped out of a barber shop? This was not a guy heavily invested in his hair. He always looked like he just got out of bed. People really want his hair lacquered to his head...?

My beef with this video here is the lack of closeups while we're zooming out to showcase these two... very ordinary chicks. I DONT CARE, show me the figure! Which we saw from ten feet away.

That is true. Although that Potter release is my most anticipated figure ever and I loved the rooted with diorama base, they should have had four options for that one. Sculpted w/ or w/o base and rooted w/ or w/o base.

Not sure why they corrected this after Joker with The Batman and then went right back. Probably hurt some sales on that figure.
Because the Batman light isn't a base. It's a separate set piece that stands on it's own. The Harry Potter set is them giving the premium version a deluxe base that incorporates and uses the default base INTO the deluxe one. You get a two in one base. They don't want to sell a Harry Potter base on it's own as it's own SKU when it's just a fancy upgrade for the figure to stand on. It doesn't make sense to do that for them.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-1e0fda5b79a440b3d.gif

Nothing wrong with the hair that I could see. Are people thinking Anakin should have just stepped out of a barber shop? This was not a guy heavily invested in his hair. He always looked like he just got out of bed. People really want his hair lacquered to his head...?

My beef with this video here is the lack of closeups while we're zooming out to showcase these two... very ordinary chicks. I DONT CARE, show me the figure! Which we saw from ten feet away.
I thought the same thing, step up cameraman, show us more of the figure.

You can’t perceive hair or cloth texture at 1/6 the same way as real life, material properties don’t scale, any minor imperfection at this scale is magnified 6 times. It’s an art, not a given for the hair to look natural in 1/6. Much work needs to be done for this figure to look good in hand.

Because the Batman light isn't a base. It's a separate set piece that stands on it's own. The Harry Potter set is them giving the premium version a deluxe base that incorporates and uses the default base INTO the deluxe one. You get a two in one base. They don't want to sell a Harry Potter base on it's own as it's own SKU when it's just a fancy upgrade for the figure to stand on. It doesn't make sense to do that for them.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-1e0fda5b79a440b3d.gif
I love the base and ordered that deluxe instantly. I was just surprised they didn't offer an option to just get the rooted figure without the base or to get the sculpted with the base. I understand not selling just the base, but just the rooted figure may have been more appealing to some others.

This. Crazy that people are expecting $350 for this :lol They already charge their standard basic figures in the $300+ area.

This is gonna be $450-$500 and that's IF you can even get one.
Yep, it's already been reported the converted HK to USD price was I believe $382 $343. Add in the usually around 20-30% increase to convert to what Sideshow will charge, we are looking at around $450-$500 $400-$450 before taxes and shipping.

Edit: what Willy156 said above. Guess I had price wrong.

Last edited:
Back