Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow gets 1,000

ThinPersonalBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

At the end of the day, a figure is literally just something pay a huge chunk of $$$ for, and then just have it standing on a shelf to look at it.
I just don't know what to think about this hobby anymore.
Honestly great point. I think all of us convinced ourselves we would be much more picky with the figures we’d buy in this crazy price range. Reminds me of how badly I need to prioritise having a smaller, more focused collection, which sure as hell won’t include Star Wars with all the crap recently being shoveled out.

I saw a photo of this guy up on a HK site that had the price in HKD, and converted it which came out to about $800+ CAD. I'm not sure if I'll even try to get this guy now - as if that's even a possibility anyway.
I vowed not to go over the $580 mark for figures anymore after my chrome Mando ended up costing me $630 (partly my mistake though).
At the end of the day, a figure is literally just something one pays a huge chunk of $$$ for, and then just have it standing on a shelf to look at it.
I just don't know what to think about this hobby anymore. I'm all for supporting the artists that paint these figures, but ***** getting crazy expensive.
hes going to be very expensive for Canadians
that 13% tax is gonna hurttt

I've been wondering what's up with that.
Is this site partially owned by Justin or something? There's no way the forum owner doesn't know how crooked that retailer is by now.
No, the website is just desperate for money, so desperate that they’re PM’ing users to subscribe to premium. You can for an ad slot on this website.

No, the website is just desperate for money, so desperate that they’re PM’ing users to subscribe to premium.
Every month on the dot I swear.

Buy it yearly or else constantly suffer the same awkwardness of lying to the homeless guy living at the bottom of your street that, sorry, you have no cash on you, while the tenner in your pocket feels extra heavy. Except that tenner is several multi hundred dollar action figures :monkey1

I love seeing the Star Wars people going through what the Batman people did a year ago with InArt.

I love seeing the "no way I'd pay that" people suddenly considering... paying that.
I think for every collector there will always be that one special figure(s) that we don't care how much it is, we'll pay it. I'm just not sure Anakin is it for me though.
If InArt, GameToys or Hot Toys made a classic Artisan Han Solo (or certain RE figures), I'd most likely get them regardless of price. Even if I had to cancel half of my other PO's.
Unfortunately, theres always other less important stuff to think of as well. Like mortgage and car payments. lol

I've been wondering what's up with that.
Is this site partially owned by Justin or something? There's no way the forum owner doesn't know how crooked that retailer is by now.
If he did then these posts would be deleted like in his fb group.

I wouldn't sell off the old one until we get in hand pics of this new one.

Last thing you want is the hair to turn out garbage and now you're out on an Anakin.
I feel like no matter how perfect the hair will be when it arrives, it will eventually need fixing. Maybe you posed the head and touched it too much. If I get one every time I look at it I would want to mess with the hair. It will look good one day and wrong the next 😭

Back