Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has NO clue how to futz, style, or pose for their shows. They never have. Everything they put on is a poor imitation of the exhibitions that HT does overseas.

Honestly I don't know why HT doesn't fly someone out for sideshow's big events just to properly set figures up.
Yeah that guy they get to do their first look/unboxings is useless at actually demonstrating the figure.

Dang that sculpt is dead on!
I missed the first RotS Anakin release and never felt like paying insane ebay prices for it. I wasn't planning on getting more SW figures, but this one is going to be tough to skip for me. Good to see Episode III Anakin making a return!
That hair is gonna be a pain to style though, especially since I don't know anything about styling hair. Mine would probably end up looking like a sith lord on meth. lol

He looks phenomenal in those latest pics, but come back to me when they do this with Bespin Han.
Hell yes! Bespin Han would be an instant PO for me.

I wonder if you guys will still be excited when you see the $515 pricetag...

Make no mistake, this is less about feeling threatened by Inart and EVERYTHING about, "Wait, Inart can get $500+ for a sixth scale figure by just upgrading the hair? We're In!"
Yup! BUT, this looks like a real person. Like this is easily their most realistic looking figure ever.

361588062_667012748796074_8731400947389065237_n.jpg

361926968_667012815462734_3172557971089945164_n.jpg

361948043_667012738796075_7737727247550418241_n.jpg

I wonder if you guys will still be excited when you see the $515 pricetag...

Make no mistake, this is less about feeling threatened by Inart and EVERYTHING about, "Wait, Inart can get $500+ for a sixth scale figure by just upgrading the hair? We're In!"
I agree that this Anakin as well as the Wonder Woman figure are reactionary moves by Hot Toys but really I don’t think that’s a bad thing. If they didn’t respond to InArt at all it would draw more criticism.

InArt was first to test the waters with more premium figures. Hot Toys seems to be dipping their toes into the water and seeing how a couple of figures work out.

I agree that this Anakin as well as the Wonder Woman figure are reactionary moves by Hot Toys but really I don’t think that’s a bad thing. If they didn’t respond to InArt at all it would draw more criticism.

InArt was first to test the waters with more premium figures. Hot Toys seems to be dipping their toes into the water and seeing how a couple of figures work out.
It's great for us collectors, but it also highlights just how ******* lazy and complacent HT got because they were at the top of the pile. It's about time they started actually trying again, but we could have had these kind of figures a lot sooner. This has made me both excited and pissed off.

It's like looking at my kids and screaming "Do you see what happens when you ******* try!?"

I’m all for the efforts to up the game. Competition is good and if it means we get better toys, err, I mean, products, then thank you InArt for causing Howard Chan some sleepless nights.

It's great for us collectors, but it also highlights just how ******* lazy and complacent HT got because they were at the top of the pile. It's about time they started actually trying again, but we could have had these kind of figures a lot sooner. This has made me both excited and pissed off.

It's like looking at my kids and screaming "Do you see what happens when you ******* try!?"
I mean I can agree with Hot Toys being complacent. I’m not sure if they really knew the market for more premium figures. Heck I still don’t know if they do. Sixth scale collecting is a niche and stuff like InArt is almost a niche of a niche. It’s the cool new thing but it obviously comes at a price and consumers may not be willing to pay the extra price.

It looks good in those shots, but I have the sneaking suspicion it will look like the first image we saw out of the box.

i was already gaslighting myself into liking the unflattering initial pics…

these official photos though, wow.

is it reasonable to hope to maintain the hair to that extent? if the final product can look anything like the new pics in the display, i’m all in.

These latest pics do look amazing.

I have a feeling that these new faux haired figures are going to be a limited release line and highly priced. I don't believe that they can release these in the numbers that they usually do. Just too much work involved in the hair process.

I'm trying hard not to be a crazy pessimist, and I hope this figure actually turns out great, but how soon do we forget our only real-world example of Hot Toys' new improved wool hair line?

All I’m saying is don’t by the meticulously produced and filtered hype until you see it for real.

Gal Gadot WW 100th promo photo:

IMG_3606.jpeg

And in person:

IMG_3605.jpeg

Same pleather, same proportions, same materials, horrible hair... No interested.
Loooks like leather. Recently hot toys were using real leather on Anakin's boots at a previous display. I assumed that it would be. Did they say otherwise?

Back